GDT: The Note vs the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Crappy thing about the Voynov goal was he fanned on the shot and it went low instead of high.... that would of been a luck save if any goalie made it.

The Kings puck luck is just off the charts

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Crappy thing about the Voynov goal was he fanned on the shot and it went low instead of high.... that would of been a luck save if any goalie made it.

The Kings puck luck is just off the charts
It really is. Good team yes, but things have gone their way more than any team I've seen in the playoffs.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
It really is. Good team yes, but things have gone their way more than any team I've seen in the playoffs.

I'm not trying to be an ass about it. Just saying we're in for the long haul with Elliott and there isn't a trade that will help us in that department. Allen as the starter this year is a much bigger mistake. I'm not too overly optimist about them going all the way bit after a few decades of this....you just go with the flow

I wasn't mad, I know the drill with this team, been there and done that

FloridaBlue

Mar 9, 2014
Wildwood, MO
I can't really remember the Voynov goal because I've tried to forget as much of that series as possible. The Penner goal could have been had but it was still an absolute rocket and the whole team basically acted like the period was already over.

But you're right that the whole team is to blame, Elliott included. I was just making the case that it ALL can't be put on Elliott.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I don't believe in puck luck or the lack of it, the better team won

I agree with this. "Puck luck" exists because a team puts themselves in a good position to score. It's not like they were hemmed in to their own zone and suddenly the puck stopped dead then flew 200 feet down the ice into the other team's goal. You don't score if you don't generate scoring chances and if you do generate many scoring chances, you should expect to score more.

Now don't think I'm trying to say there's no such thing as a lucky bounce, but I don't think compiling all lucky/unlucky bounces within a playoff run and labeling it is worthwhile

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I wasnt putting all the blame on Elliot either, the veteran core group of this team should all be held responsible for the lack of playoff success, there should have been changes to the core after the collapse to the Hawks last year. The core group has gotten a pass for too long

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I agree with this. "Puck luck" exists because a team puts themselves in a good position to score. It's not like they were hemmed in to their own zone and suddenly the puck stopped dead then flew 200 feet down the ice into the other team's goal. You don't score if you don't generate scoring chances and if you do generate many scoring chances, you should expect to score more.

Now don't think I'm trying to say there's no such thing as a lucky bounce, but I don't think compiling all lucky/unlucky bounces within a playoff run and labeling it is worthwhile

Oh come on now...your blowing it out of proportions. Instead of trying to remember the POs...let's go to the last game.

Gaborik goal: marty goes for the highlight poke check and who does the puck go to....off the 359 degrees direction the puck could go...it goes right to Gaborik.

Carter goal?: fresh ice surface, Jbo pinches just as he should and the damn puck jumps over his stick right onto Kopitars.... i mean come on....

King goal: the trolliest of the troll goals.....no explanation needed.

Seriously **** just goes their way.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Oh come on now...your blowing it out of proportions. Instead of trying to remember the POs...let's go to the last game.

Gaborik goal: marty goes for the highlight poke check and who does the puck go to....off the 359 degrees direction the puck could go...it goes right to Gaborik.

Carter goal?: fresh ice surface, Jbo pinches just as he should and the damn puck jumps over his stick right onto Kopitars.... i mean come on....

King goal: the trolliest of the troll goals.....no explanation needed.

Seriously **** just goes their way.

like I said, bad bounces exist. But there is no way you are going to convince me that they occur more often in favor of LA with any kind of statistical significance

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
like I said, bad bounces exist. But there is no way you are going to convince me that they occur more often in favor of LA with any kind of statistical significance

Against the Blues, yes lol. League wide idk

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I agree w Kirk, some of you are putting way too much stock in this so called puck luck? Do you believe in curses as well

When we outplay the Kings, they still come up big (Quick decides to become a solid wall, routine defensive plays that are played correctly fail because of a bizarre bounce). You cannot deny that luck has not been on our side - just look at our injury history. Sure, our players have to be held responsible, because at the end of the day, they either did it, or they failed, but let's not act like the Kings are far and away a superior team (or that the Blues are a vastly inferior team) just yet.

In general, the Blues should be good enough that a seven game series can be won on ability, not luck. The problem is, when we've got everything going against us, (injuries, freak plays, bad calls) we have been to be good enough to overcome that AND the Kings AND the Hawks. Even though the Hawks and the Kings play the same teams we do, it always seems like the odds are stacked against us; we're racing to the top of the same mountain, but our boots were stolen. It's like we have to be twice as good as the other team to even have a chance.

Again, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters are results. But let's not forget that this year, we might get LUCKY enough to actually have more than half of our roster without broken bones. How cool would it be if one of Oshie, Backes, Tarasenko, Schwartz, or Steen didn't have a serious injury entering into the playoffs? (All except Schwartz were playing with an injury/broken bone or two, and so was Berglund, Ott, and Reaves). That shouldn't be too much to ask if we're playing the odds. We'd have to get really UNLUCKY for that to happen AGAIN.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, are you saying the Blues aren't cursed?
I've said it before and I will say it now: we need to sacrifice somebody.
71870746b6ee0a7c312f0edd9b2bfcb4.png

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Look it's bot believing In actual "curses", or some higher power influencing a game....but crap does not go our way. Look at last year, unheard of injury spree and a 6 game skid because we iced the Chicago wolves, lost the division by 1pt and faced the reigning champs for a 2nd time.

Seriously......

But in hindsight, if we advanced we wouldn't have the wonderful Fabbri, and would probably be stuck with Miller (no Stastny)

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Look it's bot believing In actual "curses", or some higher power influencing a game....but crap does not go our way. Look at last year, unheard of injury spree and a 6 game skid because we iced the Chicago wolves, lost the division by 1pt and faced the reigning champs for a 2nd time.

Seriously......

But in hindsight, if we advanced we wouldn't have the wonderful Fabbri, and would probably be stuck with Miller (no Stastny)

We really are lucky, then, I guess. Stastny+Fabbri+BArbashev > Ryan Miller and MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE a cup.

Maybe we'll be lucky enough this year to get McEichel in a freak turn of events that completely removes us from the playoffs by the trade deadline? I think the odds might be more likely that that happens, rather than us going all the way. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad