OT: The Nostalgic Ottawa Thread.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Ella, the Queen of scatting!

For vintage sake... The Memorex commercial in 1972. I vaguely remember it but it stayed with me!

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Vendome was down by the grads? Dont think i went to either of them either but rings a bell.

I remember when the first 10 cent wings came to the James St. Feed Company, at least that's the 1st place i remember them. And the lineups there were crazy. There was a point when i knew where to go for 10 cent wings every night of the week.

And who can forget:
amazing-kreskin-hd-1.jpg

I remember the Ex used to have hypnotists putting on hourly free shows in the midway. Always amazed me the number of believers they could attract.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Anyone remember a couple of restaurants close to Landsdowne Park. One was Fat Albert's ( I loved the turkey sub).
The second one was the R and R restaurant. I remember as a kid seeing Rory Cava (a former Ottawa 67 hockey player who was mostly a fighter) in the R and R restaurant and he had 2 black eyes at the same time. He looked like a racoon with those two big black eyes. Lol

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
TSN wasn't always the powerhouse of sporting television it is now.

It was the WJC that really catapulted them into the country's consciousness as it was the only hockey they could show. It basically because a Christmas tradition and they rode that momentum into the NHL eventually.

But before that, there were shows like TSN Pub Nite during prime time where they would show snooker, pool and darts. What fine programming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad