OT: The Nostalgic Ottawa Thread.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Mr Canoehead! Lots of great Canadian comedys back then. When Coffee Houses were a thing, before Tim Hortons. Sussex street's Cafe Hibou was even on tv sometimes
Cafe%20le%20Hibou%20521%20sussex.jpg

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Found an old binder with line ups and stat projections of the early to mid 2000 sens. Stacked team. I remember being so excited about the lineup and dominating the crappy teams and running up the stats. Now its so depressing when you realize dzingel is your best LW. Pageau is your 2nd line center. And bobby ryan is your 2nd best RW. Do we have the worst forward group in the whole league?

03-04 pre playoff projected line up:

Bondra-Bonk-Hossa
Schaefer-White-Alfredsson
Smolinski-Spezza-Havlat
Vermette-Fisher-Neil

EXTRAS: Varada, Van Allen, Ray, Langfeld, Schastlivy

Redden-De Vries
Chara-Phillips
Volchenkov-Leschyshyn

EXTRAS: Pothier, Hnidy, Simpson

Lalime
Prusek

EXTRA: Emery

Last edited:

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I enjoyed going to the Ottawa Ex as a kid and seeing the concerts. When i was a teenager i always tried to get to at least 1 concert each year. The Ex was the last event of summer. I would always hold onto to summer as long as i could because once summer ended it meant back to school. My dad had connections with Amusements of America who ran the rides at the Ex and we got Gold Passes a couple of years! We still had to lineup for the rides, but we just showed the rides operator the gold pass and we could go on pretty much unlimited rides. We only got that a couple of years but we always got a lot of free ride tickets every year. I was more of a games junky. Even though the games seemed fixed and the prizes were just stuffed animals I liked the games more than the rides.
I also miss the old Rough Riders CFL football. When the actual game was important, not the gameday experience.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I enjoyed going to the Ottawa Ex as a kid and seeing the concerts. When i was a teenager i always tried to get to at least 1 concert each year. The Ex was the last event of summer. I would always hold onto to summer as long as i could because once summer ended it meant back to school. My dad had connections with Amusements of America who ran the rides at the Ex and we got Gold Passes a couple of years! We still had to lineup for the rides, but we just showed the rides operator the gold pass and we could go on pretty much unlimited rides. We only got that a couple of years but we always got a lot of free ride tickets every year. I was more of a games junky. Even though the games seemed fixed and the prizes were just stuffed animals I liked the games more than the rides.
I also miss the old Rough Riders CFL football. When the actual game was important, not the gameday experience.
I remember winning a Run DMC mirror that was the size of a 12 inch record.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
lol, I don't think anyone here was around when this storm happened, but we're bound to see some similar scenes once the LRT is up and running:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The stupid games kids come up with:

I used to live in a co-op growing up and every Christmas the would have a slay ride for the kids and families. They would bring in an old guy from the valley with 2 huge Clydesdale horses and would pull a sled round and round the co-op. They would even bring in snow to put down on the street if there wasn't enough but back then there was almost always a lot of snow on the ground(thanks global warming :rolleyes:). What we would do is tie 2 GT snow racers to the back and the goal was to try an knock the other person off and all the kids did it and it was so fun and the parents would laugh. At the same time the horses would keep crapping all day long so eventually when you got knocked off you would land in horse shit. lol Eventually everyone had some horse shit on them. Shitty times.

Last edited:

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I saw Avril Lavigne at the Ex right around when she was blowing up.

Anyone else sled the shit out of Bruce Pit every winter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad