OT: The Nostalgic Ottawa Thread.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Reddi Chef on Woodroffe= wedge fries
Ponderosa Steak house
The Lido, Club Casonova, The Chaudiere, Chez Henri, Zap ( being 18 and going to night clubs)
I literally was looking up Reddi chef a few hours ago but couldn't any pics so I let it be. Wedge fries were the best.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
They were so good those wedge fries.
I remember when VCR's came out. When you rented the VHS movies, no one had a machine to play them on so you actually had to rent the machine too at the video store.
Remember video gaming systems like Intellivision and Colecovision.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I remember when VCR's came out. When you rented the VHS movies, no one had a machine to play them on so you actually had to rent the machine too at the video store.
Zaxxon please. My grand mother gave me a black and white 13" TV and my uncles Telstar system when I was like 4.

artifact-1987-0457-electronic-game.jpg

For my birthday we would rent a VCR and a bunch of Movies and would stay up all night watching ninja, horror, or dirty comedies. Ratings we not even a thing back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I remember the Wizard.

We’d go to the Pinto to get penny candy after.

Which Wizard? They were a chain, just like Mister Arcade. I remember there being Wizards at Shoppers City West, Britannia, and Carlingwood while Mister Arcade was on Merivale and Bank/Alta Vista.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Reddi Chef on Woodroffe= wedge fries
Ponderosa Steak house
The Lido, Club Casonova, The Chaudiere, Chez Henri, Zap ( being 18 and going to night clubs)

There was also a Reddi Chef on Mann.

You left Broad Street of your list of Hull establishments, best known back in the day for cheap drinking but now known for drink recycling.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Not only that, but they had a Beta section and a VHS section.

I had an Intellivision and a Commodore 64. :)

I used to go to the Reddi Chef across the street from Emily Carr Middle School in Blackburn Hamlet. Again, the wedge fries.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
JR Dallas was a big nightclub on the Hull strip.

Remember Le Bop?

A bunch of friends and I went there when we were 14. They waived the girls through, then carded the guys.

Wonder why they got shut down ;)

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Remember Le Bop?

A bunch of friends and I went there when we were 14. They waived the girls through, then carded the guys.

Wonder why they got shut down ;)

I remember le Bop, Disco Viva, Chez Henry, and so many more that I’m forgetting. Man,, there were bars all along that strip. It was crazy!! :)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There used to be an arcade across the street from the old Britannia 6 cinema's (now Coliseum) that was just the best. I think it was called the Wizard. Billings bridge had a decent arcade. Back in the day every corner store had at least 1 arcade machine in them. The Broken Cue too.....oh the memories.

Anyone remember Nabu Networks? The internet before the internet we know now, and from Ottawa.

nabupc.jpg

Yup .. never had one but I remember them and that technology for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad