The North London thread: Tottenham vs Arsenal

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's not that big of an if. They are currently top of the table with 2 of the most in form players in the entire league on their team.
How is it not a big if? Liverpool right there, Chelsea right there, City right there if they win their game in hand. The form of Son and Kane has been ridiculously good, but I cannot see them sustaining their form the whole season especially with the fixture congestion that's only going to get worse over the next month or so.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Spurs have already faced Man U, Man City, Chelsea, and Arsenal. They can win it this year Leicester style.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How is it not a big if? Liverpool right there, Chelsea right there, City right there if they win their game in hand. The form of Son and Kane has been ridiculously good, but I cannot see them sustaining their form the whole season especially with the fixture congestion that's only going to get worse over the next month or so.
Spurs have already gotten through a tough part of their schedule and Liverpool has like 1/3 of their roster. If City gets their shit together they should cause them some trouble as should Liverpool getting healthy. But until then I don’t see why it’s that big of a what if. Especially considering N’Dombele finally seems to be playing up to his potential ability.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Spurs have already gotten through a tough part of their schedule and Liverpool has like 1/3 of their roster. If City gets their shit together they should cause them some trouble as should Liverpool getting healthy. But until then I don’t see why it’s that big of a what if. Especially considering N’Dombele finally seems to be playing up to his potential ability.
I'll concede they have played well against the big boys this year. I just don't if they have showed enough on the ball to consistently grab 3 points against teams they should be beating. I got a feeling there are some draws in their future.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Spurs played in the Champions League Finals. That's worth far more than the stinking FA Cup. And I'm certainly not a fan of theirs by any stratch of imagination.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'll concede they have played well against the big boys this year. I just don't if they have showed enough on the ball to consistently grab 3 points against teams they should be beating. I got a feeling there are some draws in their future.
I’m sure they’ll get some draws. And I’m sure Kane’s assists will drop off here as well, but even so Kane goal production is right around his average so that won’t drop off much if at all. The big question here is Son. I mean this is clearly his peak season so it’ll be interesting to see how long he can keep it going. Add in Bergwijn has been very good, they’re going to be a tough team to stop on the counter. I’m not saying they will win the league, but if there’s any season for them to do it, this will be it.

Reactions: robertmac43

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
As has been pointed out earlier, Spurs will most likely struggle against teams that concede possession and don't mind playing for a draw.

I mean this is their best shot with Liverpool decimated by injuries and City looking incredible vulnerable.

Chelsea are just as scary if you ask me.

I'm keeping my expectations relatively low though. I'd be satisfied with the season as long as they make top four, after how last season went.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
As has been pointed out earlier, Spurs will most likely struggle against teams that concede possession and don't mind playing for a draw.

Chelsea are just as scary if you ask me.

I'm keeping my expectations relatively low though. I'd be satisfied with the season as long as they make top four, after how last season went.
Yeah Chelsea also has a very good shot at the title. The first year in awhile where it hasn’t been a 1/2 horse race(so far) which is really nice from a neutral standpoint.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
denis-waitley-quote-losers-live-in-the-past-winners-learn.jpg
Fans of neutral and rivals have every point in the world to bring up Spurs lack of silverware in regards to winning. What fans are idiotic in, especially when it comes to Gooners like Ty is they constantly bring up titles and trophies that are not significant anymore. There is still a percentage of us which go back to EPL titles like twelve years ago to make a point and that's just stupid. I would say that Spurs are in the position they're in from good recruitment and good sales. Levy is still a buffoon since he hasn't been able to win anything, but selling players like Bale 80 million and a super average player in Walker for 45 really helps. We've been stuck with Ivan the Terrible who allowed Ozil, Ramsey, and Alexis contracts to run at the bare minimum. That then lead to desperation when it came to paying Ozil to that terrible deal, the Alexis for the Mkhi swap which turned out to be useless, and losing a 50 million pound player on a free.

There is also some really weird wages for our team too; for example Bellerin is making 110k per week, Kolasanic is on 100k pounds (F***ING KOLASANIC), Xhaka on 100k pounds, Sokratis on 92k, and Mustafi on 92k. Like what the f***? However, it makes sense to me why Spurs are 1st and Arsenal is 15th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Today also was also further evidence that Pierre Emile Højbjerg is the worst Pierre, Emile and Ø in North London.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Kind of hilarious that at the start of this year there was talk of Spurs winning the title, meanwhile Arsenal have had their worst season in my lifetime and we still may catch Spurs :huh:

This season is pretty crazy.

But also be careful you might offend some people here with that talk.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Let’s celebrate the birthday of the last Tottenham player to ever touch a league title.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad