The North London thread: Tottenham vs Arsenal

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Would an Arsenal/Sp*rs combined team win the league? I discussed this with my mate who supports Tottenham.

Lets say this could be the team

Lloris

Tomiyasu - Romero - Gabriel - Tierney

Højbjerg- Partey

Saka - Ødegaard- Son

Kane

With a bench of
Ramsdale
Emerson
White
Reguilon
Xhaka
Smith-Rowe
Moura
Pepe
Aubameyang

I think that team would probably win.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Would an Arsenal/Sp*rs combined team win the league? I discussed this with my mate who supports Tottenham.

Lloris

Højbjerg- Partey

Saka - Ødegaard- Son

Kane

With a bench of
Ramsdale
Emerson
White
Reguilon
Xhaka
Smith-Rowe
Moura
Pepe
Aubameyang

Doubt it

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Lloris

Højbjerg- Partey

Saka - Ødegaard- Son

Kane

With a bench of
Ramsdale
Emerson
White
Reguilon
Xhaka
Smith-Rowe
Moura
Pepe
Aubameyang

You forgot the coach.
Mid table at best with either.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Lloris

Højbjerg- Partey

Saka - Ødegaard- Son

Kane

With a bench of
Ramsdale
Emerson
White
Reguilon
Xhaka
Smith-Rowe
Moura
Pepe
Aubameyang

How many of those starting players get into Liverpool or City. Two of them? Maybe?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

Lloris

Højbjerg- Partey

Saka - Ødegaard- Son

Kane

With a bench of
Ramsdale
Emerson
White
Reguilon
Xhaka
Smith-Rowe
Moura
Pepe
Aubameyang

I still rate Brentford

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A lot of Gooners say that this goal was the one which has cursed Spurs til' this day because Tottenham stupidly announced ticket arrangements to Wimbledon before the replay was even played. Then on the replay, Rocky scored to win it for the Arsenal.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Spurs have now still only ever won one league game at the Emirates, in 16 games. The last and only time Spurs won a league game at The Emirates, Arteta was still an Everton player and Cesc thought he was playing handball. Arsenal have only lost two home league games to Tottenham in Premier League history.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Spurs have now still only ever won one league game at the Emirates, in 16 games. The last and only time Spurs won a league game at The Emirates, Arteta was still an Everton player and Cesc thought he was playing handball. Arsenal have only lost two home league games to Tottenham in Premier League history.

So basically, "Lads, it's only the Spurs"?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The mighty Arsenal who won away to Spurs last in 2014 (league) or something?

Strange how the home team always seem to win these games.

Difficult to be positive on a day like this, but at least it isn't the 90 and 00s when Spurs would be lucky to even get a draw at home to Arsenal.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
How many of those starting players get into Liverpool or City. Two of them? Maybe?

Partey into Liverpools midfield and Kane/Auba into City? And there may be some arguments for Gabriel into Liverpool and Tomiyasu/Tierney into City if their form continues, but that's probably a bit premature.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Partey into Liverpools midfield and Kane/Auba into City? And there may be some arguments for Gabriel into Liverpool and Tomiyasu/Tierney into City if their form continues, but that's probably a bit premature.
Just from Arsenal players, Aubameyang, Partey, Gabriel start for Liverpool. I would also take Saka over Mane tbh. For City, Partey, Auba, Tierney start, and maybe Gabriel.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just from Arsenal players, Aubameyang, Gabriel start for Liverpool. I would also take Saka over Mane tbh. For City, Partey, Auba, Tierney start, and maybe Gabriel.
Partey is better than any single midfield player for Liverpool besides Fabinho. He would be starting over the likes of Henderson, Jones, Keita, Thiago, Milner, or Ox easily.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Partey is better than any single midfield player for Liverpool besides Fabinho. He would be starting over the likes of Henderson, Jones, Keita, Thiago, Milner, or Ox easily.
I agree. He is a top 5 pivot player in the world when fit probably. Just accidentally missed his name.

Reactions: S E P H

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
You playing Jota as the 9? Aubameyang is a multiple golden boot winner playing on these Liverpool teams if he and Firmino swapped teams. If you're starting Firmino you have an argument for Lacazette as well. It's really the only debatable position other than center back because Matip and Gomez can't stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad