GDT: The North Jersey Showdow|Jackets@Devils|7:00 p.m.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope Nash and Sedlak step back into the lineup against Pittsburgh, hopefully in place of Dubinsky and Dzingel. Nash is a solid vet who knows how to complete a pass. And Sedlak always brings the effort. Hannikainen and Wennberg were maybe the Jackets two best skaters tonight (least worst), and it's perhaps no coincidence that they were the most removed from the team leading into the game.

And as much as I loved Bob's performance tonight I'd go with Kinkaid too. Too many issues versus Pittsburgh.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
If you can help me since I'm in L you're in C-Bus I'll PP you 300.... You buy the beers for our HF Board brethren at the next home game... Just tell them the meeting spot... Message me your email... Serious..
No need to, my friend. All in good fun.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I missed 1P.
Bob stole us 2 points last night. So many good opportunities and he played well.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Literally like one person said that and he has apparently given up on the season since the deadline, so take your victory and move on.
Multiple people have said it. He just feels the need to say it in every game day thread because it makes him feel good. Just let him do his thing

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
I hope Nash and Sedlak step back into the lineup against Pittsburgh, hopefully in place of Dubinsky and Dzingel. Nash is a solid vet who knows how to complete a pass. And Sedlak always brings the effort. Hannikainen and Wennberg were maybe the Jackets two best skaters tonight (least worst), and it's perhaps no coincidence that they were the most removed from the team leading into the game.

And as much as I loved Bob's performance tonight I'd go with Kinkaid too. Too many issues versus Pittsburgh.

Don't worry Dzingel will get the Duclair/Bjork/Sonny treatment soon enough. Also anyone wonder how you take one new player who was averaging over a point per game and the other (Dzingel) who was at almost .8 pts per game, and neither can seem to score at all in CBus? Wonder what the common denominator is? Or in this case the least common denominator.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Don't worry Dzingel will get the Duclair/Bjork/Sonny treatment soon enough. Also anyone wonder how you take one new player who was averaging over a point per game and the other (Dzingel) who was at almost .8 pts per game, and neither can seem to score at all in CBus? Wonder what the common denominator is? Or in this case the least common denominator.
Having no real clue how your team generates offense is one part of it. The second part is not being able to teach new players how your team generates offense. "Getting pucks deep" and "crash the boards" is not a long term strategy to generate goals against good teams.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
As seen on reddit. "Zach Werenski - from top defender to Jack Johnson in 1 year."

Last edited:
Reactions: Gagnefan924

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
my mind was on a strike so I skipped this game but damn, barely beating the devils's B team... I mean really :(?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Ah, the redemption game. Being a non-believer in Wennberg, I showed some faith yesterday in declaring he should at least be in the line-up over Nash and Dubi. And there I was in front of the TV to witness a player with no shots on goal and 0-7 in faceoffs. :baghead:

(If I may borrow @CBJWennberg10's bag)

Reactions: GoJackets1

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Me watching the end of that game last night... gritting it out.

giphy.gif

Not doing any favors for my blood pressure lately.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
my mind was on a strike so I skipped this game but damn, barely beating the devils's B team... I mean really :(?

Their B team knew the book on how to shut the Jackets down and executed it. They just didn't have the offense to convert on the chances they got. When Blake Coleman and Drew Stafford are your first two players in the shootout? Oy vey. Bob playing at his capability and having better personnel for the shootout were the only reasons they won.

BTW - you missed nothing last night - that game was putrid. Poison Control could use that game tape as a recommended method to induce vomiting.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Their B team knew the book on how to shut the Jackets down and executed it. They just didn't have the offense to convert on the chances they got. When Blake Coleman and Drew Stafford are your first two players in the shootout? Oy vey. Bob playing at his capability and having better personnel for the shootout were the only reasons they won.

BTW - you missed nothing last night - that game was putrid. Poison Control could use that game tape as a recommended method to induce vomiting.

Disgusting... its all on Trots. Period

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

I'm with you on just about everything here except sitting Dzingel. He's struggled a bit but I still want to see if 19-95-28 can pull it together as it should be an effective line.

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
I'm with you on just about everything here except sitting Dzingel. He's struggled a bit but I still want to see if 19-95-28 can pull it together as it should be an effective line.
Yes. Keeps the chemistry with two other lines. Let coach mix and match only line 4....Please

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad