The no man's land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just like the Flyers who brought up Carter and Richard after their CHL season to lead their team in ppg scoring in playoffs? Not to mention, Umberger was a rookie and was their leading scorer in the regular season. I don't think their coach saw a cluster **** then. I'm not saying our rookies will have the same impact, but to claim it will ruin their development is no better. It's like you can predict the future or something.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Phantoms won the championship that season.
That Phantom teams had seven D+2 and D+3 players... Pitkanen, Umberger, Richards, Carter are the only one to pan out to anything.

Bringing in all the players mentioned in the other posts, (Brook, Walford, Tsyzka, Ylonen, Poehling, Suzuki, Teasdale, to add onto Evans, Fleury, Alain, Juulsenv, Vejdemo, McCarron)

That's a lot more players in significant role than the Phantoms had.

The solution, provided they don't hit a wall development wise, is bringing in Fleury, Evans, Juulsen as #2RD, #3RD, #4C and offer up a spot to Suzuki on the RW.

Something like
Roll into the season with your
RWs being Gally, Suzuki, Armia, Shaw
LW's being Drouin/Tatar, Lekhonen, Byron, Agostino
C's being Kotkaniemi, Domi, Danault/Poehling, Evans
LD's being Mete, Benn, Rielly/Kulak
RD's being Weber, Juulsen, Fleury

Sell high on Petry, bring in more future to stagger through the contention window, sell high on Tatar or Drouin for the same reason, or alternatively, if you want Lekhonen on the third line, sell Byron too.
Sell Danault if Poehling shows he's ready, but I'd rather he plays a full season in the A, with the whole crew concentrating on him developing his offensive game.

This is choosing a direction, the direction to be a bubble team again next year, but to be hella competitive in two, three seasons, when Suzuki, Poehling, Brook, Fleury, Juulsen, Mete, Kotkaniemi all hit their prime at the same time.

Then, once you have to pay these kids, you substitute the replaceable by the other parts you've added, and on and on goes the circle of life.

If I had a preference, I'd move Drouin out instead of Tatar, even though he's somewhat older, I think he'll come cheap on his next contract and he's a character guy... Drouin is not.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
People thinking we are going to be the next Pens is unrealistic. Pens have two generational talent in back to back drafts. We can however build our team like the Preds who have yet to win a cup but are considered serious cup contenders.

So I agree with you to some degree, go all in or sell. The issue I see is if you are the GM, you need to evaluate this...

1) Difficulty of selling everything and getting serious assets in return. Is anybody going to give us their best prospect if we trade Price or Weber? We shopped Subban and still didn't get a young franchise talent in return. If you can't get it with Subban, you won't get it with Price or Weber. Then some will say, sell them for more grade A assets and 1st round picks. Well, what is the probability we end up with franchise talent? It's very probable we end up being a middle of the pack team over the next decade.

2) Lets say we do sell everything (Price, Weber, Petry, Gallagher, Tatar, Petry, Danault, Shaw, etc). What is the probability we don't end up like the Oilers and we end up like the Blackhawks or Pens when they won cups? Leafs got themselves in a good situation but they were also able to sign Tavares. How often does UFA talent like this come along at the right time?

3) I think we can be a top 5-10 cup contender if we add guys like Muzzin and Stone which is not a far fetched idea. It might not work but that is very possible IMO. Why not try to build our team like the Preds in the next 2.5 years while we have Petry, Gallagher, Tatar, Danault on solid contracts and Weber is not 35 yet?

4) What was our biggest challenge with acquiring the center we needed from 2012+? It was we were getting 25+ 1st round picks and we have a meh prospect pool. When ROR, Carter, Richards, RyJo became available, we didn't have the assets to get in on trade negotiations. Well today, we do have a toolbox full of assets. So why not use some of these tools now?

I don't support "staying the course" and doing nothing while we ignore the Weber/Gallagher/Petry/Tatar/Danault window. I guarantee you this is middle of the pack strategy for the next decade.

Just to be clear i'm not advocating we should sell everything. But if we get some serious offers involving kids and/or picks for the likes of Tatar, Shaw, Benn or Byron the fact we might make the playoffs should not prevent our GM from accepting said offers.

I would keep Weber and Price for now cause with their contract i don't think they are worth enough to justify a trade. As for Petry unless we can add a top pairing LHD soon i would listen to offer just in case someone is willing to pay a king's ransom for him. Maybe not this year but certainly next year if we miss on Karlsson and nobody is available in a foreseeable future.

The media already started implying we should make the playoffs and hope for the best. I mean there was an article right on RDS.ca front page clamoring the necessity to keep Benn. I don't dislike Benn and he has probably his best season in career. He's an okay 3rd pairing guy on a good contract and he looks like a nice guy. But he's replaceable and will look for a pay raise this summer which will make him less interesting. If the media keeps pumping his tires he'll have very good arguments for a pay rise in the realm and what Schlemko got from SJ.

We should definitely listen to what other teams have to offer for some of our our vets if we can't acquire some help in a foreseeable future. I mean go big or go home. I'm done waiting try to win or reset. From the outside it doesn't look like MB tried very hard in between the time he acquired Petry and Vanek and the time Markov left the team. He signed Radulov to a 1 year contract. That's pretty much the only thing serious i recall as win now move. To me it looks like in his head Weber and Shaw were win now move while in fact there we "quate trente sous pour une piasse" type of move. I don't think Weber and Shaw are an improvement over Subban and Eller.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just to be clear i'm not advocating we should sell everything. But if we get some serious offers involving kids and/or picks for the likes of Tatar, Shaw, Benn or Byron the fact we might make the playoffs should not prevent our GM from accepting said offers. I would keep Weber and Price for now cause with their contract i don't think they are worth enough to justify a trade. As for Petry unless we can add a top pairing LHD soon i would listen to offer just in case someone is willing to pay a king's ransom for him. Maybe not this year but certainly next year if we miss on Karlsson and nobody is available in a foreseeable future. The media already started implying we should make the playoffs and hope for the best. I mean there was an article right on RDS.ca front page clamoring the necessity to keep Benn. I don't dislike Benn and he has probably his best season in career. He's an okay 3rd pairing guy on a good contract and he looks like a nice guy. But he's replaceable and will look for a pay raise this summer which will make him less interesting. If the media keeps pumping his tires he'll have very good arguments for a pay rise in the realm and what Schlemko got from SJ. We should definitely listen to watch others teams offer for some of our our vets if you can't acquire some help in a foreseeable future.

So I'm assuming you rather do more Patch type trades and insert more Suzuki, Tatar (cap dump ish asset) and 2nd's?

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing what we have today and making it better using some assets we can spare. Then we see where we stand in 2.5 years when Weber is 35 and Gallagher/Petry/Tatar/Danault are pending UFA's.

I don't support middle of the pack strategy for the next decade. Our team core is solid when healthy and this season has proven this. I think we need to consider making it better in this 2.5 year window vs selling core assets. If this window don't work, then we sell (Weber, Price, Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault) and we still have Kotkaniemi, Domi, Drouin, Lehkonen, Poehling, Mete, Juulsen, Brook, Romanov, Ylonen, Primeau,, etc to build on after that.

I don't think now is the time to sell. We can explore this option at the 2021 deadline. Nobody is going to give us their best assets for Petry, Gallagher, Tatar, Danault, Weber, Price. Teams don't trade assets like Kotkaniemi, they trade assets like Suzuki. I like Suzuki a lot but he is a grade A asset where we don't know how he will be in the NHL.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So I'm assuming you rather do more Patch type trades and insert more Suzuki, Tatar (cap dump ish asset) and 2nd's?

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing what we have today and making it better using some assets we can spare. Then we see where we stand in 2.5 years when Weber is 35 and Gallagher/Petry/Tatar/Danault are pending UFA's.

I don't support middle of the pack strategy for the next decade. Our team core is solid when healthy and this season has proven this. I think we need to consider making it better in this 2.5 year window vs selling core assets. If this window don't work, then we sell (Weber, Price, Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault) and we still have Kotkaniemi, Domi, Drouin, Lehkonen, Poehling, Mete, Juulsen, Brook, Romanov, Ylonen, Primeau,, etc to build on after that.

I don't think now is the time to sell. We can explore this option at the 2021 deadline. Nobody is going to give us their best assets for Petry, Gallagher, Tatar, Danault, Weber, Price. Teams don't trade assets like Kotkaniemi, they trade assets like Suzuki. I like Suzuki a lot but he is a grade A asset where we don't know how he will be in the NHL.

Yes and no. I think we should simply do something. I'm really not up for 2.5 years of nothingness. Something got to happen of else my interest is not there anymore. I think people grossly undervalue the value of Petry in a trade. I think it's not far fetched to think we could get as much as we got for patch. Right now he's playing pretty much at the level of a prime time Markov. People surely are not watching the same games as me cause imo he's owning it right now. In 2 years Petry will be worth far less as he'll be an upcoming UFA that might be asking for too much money considering he's not been playing like this his whole career. You must be very cautious before giving 50-60 points top dman money to a guy like Petry. But for now he's on a very good contract and is playing very well.

I think we should listen to the offers. Not saying we should 100% pull the triggers but at least listen to the offers and if you can get a prospect like Suzuk and a pick for him then pull the trigger imo.

If not then try to improve the team. Not by trading Kok of course but if a good offer is made for either Julssen or Mete you got to think about it. They are not progressing much and at this point it's unlikely they become solid first pairing guys. 2nd pairing is their ceiling imo. We could even entertain trading either Poehling or Suzuki if the return is an elite player in his prime.

And for the sake of god use that cap space. Throw all the money you can at Kalsson if he's available. The guy is heading to the HOF and if he makes it at the time of writing this it's undecided which uniform he will wear (might be the one of his next team if he becomes UFA). I hate the sens but Karlsson is incredible and very underrated by CH fans.

At the end of the day i want us to do something. Hockey moves. Not moves to improve the kiriktr and lidership. Domi and Suzuki is a start. Now we must continue and forget the myth that everything is possible im playoffs. Do hockey moves. Either to win now or to build for the future.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've made a bunch of projections with the cap and, ultimately, there will always be one or two difficult decisions to make every couple of years, but the cap remains manageable and the team core remains palatable, even if we signed a Stone as an UFA for 9M over the next 7 years.

Bergevin just can't be handing out inflated contracts to secondary players like he has done in the past with Emelin, Shaw, Desharnais, etc. It goes back to the Brisebois days where the fan base wrongly resented him for being paid what he had been paid. At the time, he was the team's best D remaining, so he had been paid like a #1D. That makes no sense in a Cap world where you need to establish value independently of the skill level on your team. You don't get paid like a #1C if you can only rack up 15 goals and 45 points with those minutes. It makes no sense. Even koivu had been overpaid for what he brought to the team at the time.

I'm not concerned about the cap structure itself, but how the person in place handles it will determine how it turns out, in the end.

I find it very difficult to project cap issues starting in the 2021 off season.

Contracts to be negotiated in the 2019 off season ($83M cap?):
- RFA's: Lehkonen, Armai, Kulak, Reilly, Hudon
- UFA's: Agostino, Benn

Contracts to be negotiated in the 2020 off season ($86.3M cap?):
- RFA's: Domi, Mete, Evans, Vejdemo, Juulsen
- UFA's: Peca, Deslauriers, Chaput, Schlemko,

Contracts to be negotiated in the 2021 off season ($90M cap?):
- RFA's: Kotkaniemi
- UFA's: Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault, Lindgren

Potential contracts to be negotiated in the 2022 off season ($93.5M cap?):
- RFA's: Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Fleury... hard to predict if they play more than 40 NHL games next year.
- UFA's: Shaw, Alzner.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes and no. I think we should simply do something. I'm really not up for 2.5 years of nothingness. Something got to happen of else my interest is not there anymore. I think people grossly undervalue the value of Petry in a trade. I think it's not far fetched to think we could get as much as we got for patch. Right now he's playing pretty much at the level of a prime time Markov. People surely are not watching the same games as me cause imo he's owning it right now. In 2 years Petry will be worth far less as he'll be an upcoming UFA that might be asking for too much money considering he's not been playing like this his whole career. You must be very cautious before giving 50-60 points top dman money to a guy like Petry. But for now he's on a very good contract and is playing very well.

I think we should listen to the offers. Not saying we should 100% pull the triggers but at least listen to the offers and if you can get a prospect like Suzuk and a pick for him then pull the trigger imo.

If not then try to improve the team. Not by trading Kok of course but if a good offer is made for either Julssen or Mete you got to think about it. They are not progressing much and at this point it's unlikely they become solid first pairing guys. 2nd pairing is their ceiling imo. We could even entertain trading either Poehling or Suzuki if the return is an elite player in his prime.

And for the sake of god use that cap space. Throw all the money you can at Kalsson if he's available. The guy is heading to the HOF and if he makes it at the time of writing this it's undecided which uniform he will wear (might be the one of his next team if he becomes UFA). I hate the sens but Karlsson is incredible and very underrated by CH fans.

At the end of the day i want us to do something. Hockey moves. Not moves to improve the kiriktr and lidership. Domi and Suzuki is a start. Now we must continue and forget the myth that everything is possible im playoffs. Do hockey moves. Either to win now or to build for the future.

Would you do Juulsen and two 2nd's for 1.5 years of Muzzin with the hope we can extend him?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
That Phantom teams had seven D+2 and D+3 players... Pitkanen, Umberger, Richards, Carter are the only one to pan out to anything.

Bringing in all the players mentioned in the other posts, (Brook, Walford, Tsyzka, Ylonen, Poehling, Suzuki, Teasdale, to add onto Evans, Fleury, Alain, Juulsenv, Vejdemo, McCarron)

That's a lot more players in significant role than the Phantoms had.

The solution, provided they don't hit a wall development wise, is bringing in Fleury, Evans, Juulsen as #2RD, #3RD, #4C and offer up a spot to Suzuki on the RW.

Something like
Roll into the season with your
RWs being Gally, Suzuki, Armia, Shaw
LW's being Drouin/Tatar, Lekhonen, Byron, Agostino
C's being Kotkaniemi, Domi, Danault/Poehling, Evans
LD's being Mete, Benn, Rielly/Kulak
RD's being Weber, Juulsen, Fleury

Sell high on Petry, bring in more future to stagger through the contention window, sell high on Tatar or Drouin for the same reason, or alternatively, if you want Lekhonen on the third line, sell Byron too.
Sell Danault if Poehling shows he's ready, but I'd rather he plays a full season in the A, with the whole crew concentrating on him developing his offensive game.

This is choosing a direction, the direction to be a bubble team again next year, but to be hella competitive in two, three seasons, when Suzuki, Poehling, Brook, Fleury, Juulsen, Mete, Kotkaniemi all hit their prime at the same time.

Then, once you have to pay these kids, you substitute the replaceable by the other parts you've added, and on and on goes the circle of life.

If I had a preference, I'd move Drouin out instead of Tatar, even though he's somewhat older, I think he'll come cheap on his next contract and he's a character guy... Drouin is not.

That's a lot of planning. Personnally, I would keep Petry for at least another year and see how Juulsen, Brook and Fleury do on the right side. If they look like they can take Petry's spot in the nearly future, trade Petry. If not, I'd leave those 2 in the AHL and Juulsen as the 3RD for another 2 year. Because of the expension draft, we could trade him at the deadline (or during the season) next year, unless we're contending big time.

I would also keep Danault for now, even if Poehling ends up the better center. I would like to see if Domi produces as well on the wing and if the difference between Domi and Poehling defensive play in the middle is significant as I still doubt Domi's play in his own zone. I know, a player who can score 70points in the middle is something we haven't seen in a while. But let's say his offensive stays the same and Poehling brings more defensively while playing center, I would move Domi on the wing and have Danault as our 3C, which is where he should be. I think Danault is the perfect 3C.

I would absolutely keep Drouin. Same for Tatar, but I think at the same age, Drouin will be playing at another level (hopefully). At the time of the Tatar trade, I wanted MB to trade him for picks/future, but situation has changed since. But I still want to team to get bigger..

As for the guys in the AHL, I really doubt Ylonen will cross over next year. He could benefit from another year in Liiga. As for Tsyzka, I beleive he should play a full season in the CHL as an overrager, because of his injury. Poehling and Suzuki might make the cut, but I doubt both of them does (especially Suzuki). Also, Walford might not be re-signed (but I hope he does). In all, I think Brook, Suzuki, Teasdale and maybe Walford (ECHL if he signs). I don't think it's that much.

How many ten millions player are available on the market ?
How many would come here ?

There you have your answer.

Stone, Panarin, Duchene, Skinner, Karlsson, Myers (even if he's RD we could trade Petry for a LD, same applies for Karlsson). Those UFA might not want to come in Montreal now, but if we finish strong, some might be interested. If we don't get one of those UFA, I expect us to get rid of some asset by the deadline next year.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Stone, Panarin, Duchene, Skinner, Karlsson, Myers (even if he's RD we could trade Petry for a LD, same applies for Karlsson). Those UFA might not want to come in Montreal now, but if we finish strong, some might be interested. If we don't get one of those UFA, I expect us to get rid of some asset by the deadline next year.
Those are some incredible options. This is definitely the year to go all in and sign a big time free agent. It doesn't happen very often that so many good young free agents hit the market like that. Personally I don't think Karlsson will hit the market but you can't really go wrong with Stone, Panarin, Duchesne, Karlsson..they're all still in their 20's and will be good for a long time. Karlsson aside because he's a class above the rest, Stone would be my first choice but he seems like the type of loser to resign in Ottawa lol.

Reactions: Acadien86

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Those are some incredible options. This is definitely the year to go all in and sign a big time free agent. It doesn't happen very often that so many good young free agents hit the market like that. Personally I don't think Karlsson will hit the market but you can't really go wrong with Stone, Panarin, Duchesne, Karlsson..they're all still in their 20's and will be good for a long time. Karlsson aside, Stone would be my first choice but he seems like the type of loser to resign in Ottawa lol.

Stone would be my first choice as well. Maybe even before Karlsson. Absolute beauty that guy!

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
How many ten millions player are available on the market ?
How many would come here ?

There you have your answer.

That's not even an argument considering we're not in a window where anyone can gauge who will be on the market. You're just being defeatist for the sake of it.

The habs have a ton of cap space. That is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Stay the course, keep all of our picks unless there is a deal that greatly benefits us (ie LD) and continue the rebuild. We're on the right track.

We are on the right track to be a middle of the pack team for the next decade if we "stay the course" and do nothing but keep focusing on futures. I think we need to look at this 2.5 year window with Weber/Gallagher/Petry/Tatar/Danault very seriously. Not saying we should trade our top prospects and 1st's but I for one would be in on Muzzin. Juulsen and our two 2nd's would be my max offer. If they want more, move on

I think the right time to sell if we struggle to improve from where we are today is the 2021 deadline. That's when Weber is 35 and we have major parts of the core as pending UFA's. If the team does now show ability to go on deep playoff runs... sell, sell sell. Price, Weber, Petry, Gallagher, Tatar, Danault.

It will require another "re-set" but we would still have Kotkaniemi, Domi, Drouin, Lehkonen, Byron, Mete, Evans, Brook, Romanov, Poehling, Suzuki, Primeau, Ylonen and whoever we pick with our 1st's in the next two drafts.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This Habs performance RIGHT NOW is way more Julien than Bergevin. By far. He is the one who made Domi the winger, Domi the centerman. He is the one who decided to keep Kotkaniemi. He is the one grooming im slowly but surely Patrice Bergeron style. And when I say Julien, I also mean Richardson who is doing miracles with the crappy backend we have. Yes, applaud Bergie for getting Richardson. Question Bergie for having kept Daigneault all those years when it was clear he was a liability more than a real help. You want nuance. Here's some nuance for you.

I don't know if the Richardson hiring was a result of a past connection with Julien or if it was due to Bergevin, but regardless, there is a definite positive impact by him this year:

The 6-foot-3 Richardson looks like a U.S. Secret Service agent behind the bench with his stoic stance, slicked hair and calm demeanour. Petry said Richardson’s calmness has helped the defencemen.

“I think he’s been really good for us,” Petry said. “I don’t think I’ve heard him yell once this year. He’s very calm and he’s clear with his message. Just having that composure behind you and knowing that you can go out there and play. Mistakes are part of the game and just knowing that you’re not going to come back to the bench and get an earful, I guess that gives you a little bit more freedom to make plays.”

Stu Cowan: New players, run-and-gun system breathe life into Canadiens

Reactions: Rapala and tazsub3

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Stone would be my first choice as well. Maybe even before Karlsson. Absolute beauty that guy!
Karlsson is a game-changer. One of the best players in the league and absolute money in the playoffs. Great leader, too. Chances are slim he becomes a UFA. However, should he hit the market the Habs have a fighting chance of attracting him.

Stone would be my #2 choice, followed by the others listed above. Duchene and Panarin appear to be locks to hit the open market; I'm less convinced the others remain unsigned.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
That's not even an argument considering we're not in a window where anyone can gauge who will be on the market. You're just being defeatist for the sake of it.

The habs have a ton of cap space. That is a good thing, not a bad thing.
I believe Montreal will be a destination for free agents again given their success and young talent coming up. Some people just continually keep looking backwards thinking nothing has changed. You are totally correct. That cap space will be important.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I would love Stone, but he gives me the impression he absolutely hates the Habs.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I believe Montreal will be a destination for free agents again given their success and young talent coming up. Some people just continually keep looking backwards thinking nothing has changed. You are totally correct. That cap space will be important.
Free agents want to be paid foremost. Going to good teams or ones with young talent is a bonus. JT didn't offer himself at a big discount in order to play with the young talent and in his hometown in Toronto. Teams with talent usually don't have the caproom required to sign a top flight free agent like Toronto, Tampa or Winnipeg. Others have bad contracts like Chicago or Edmonton preventing them. Montreal is actually in a good position if this is the route they want to go this offseason. Especially with nobody in line for a big contract in the next few years.

Reactions: Chr1s97

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I find it very difficult to project cap issues starting in the 2021 off season.

Contracts to be negotiated in the 2019 off season ($83M cap?):
- RFA's: Lehkonen, Armai, Kulak, Reilly, Hudon
- UFA's: Agostino, Benn

Contracts to be negotiated in the 2020 off season ($86.3M cap?):
- RFA's: Domi, Mete, Evans, Vejdemo, Juulsen
- UFA's: Peca, Deslauriers, Chaput, Schlemko,

Contracts to be negotiated in the 2021 off season ($90M cap?):
- RFA's: Kotkaniemi
- UFA's: Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault, Lindgren

Potential contracts to be negotiated in the 2022 off season ($93.5M cap?):
- RFA's: Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Fleury... hard to predict if they play more than 40 NHL games next year.
- UFA's: Shaw, Alzner.
Do you realize, you have just put more into this post, as a plan, than our clown GM would put in. Good job!!

MB hardly looks ahead to the next day, and what to wear, than he does the next couple of seasons. Let's hope he gets fired, and we hire TooLegitToQuit for GM!!!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You're not winning the Cup with Shea Weber and Jeff Petry. Too easy to shut them down in the playoffs. The rest of the D is either pylond or prospective B-listers who have much to do to reach Mcdonagh's or Subban's level. That might take 2-3 years for Mete and Juulsen.

"Too easy to shut them down in the playoffs"

That just seems made up to me

Yes I would trade them now especially Petry. I just want them gone by the deadline.

Seems like a pretty bad idea... what are you expecting to get exactly?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Would you do Juulsen and two 2nd's for 1.5 years of Muzzin with the hope we can extend him?

I don't think the Leafs do that trade anyway ;)

Not Muzzin i think he his past his prime or very close to be past it. Still a good player just not enough to make a difference for us.

We don't really need to move like right now can be this summer.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't know if the Richardson hiring was a result of a past connection with Julien or if it was due to Bergevin, but regardless, there is a definite positive impact by him this year:

The 6-foot-3 Richardson looks like a U.S. Secret Service agent behind the bench with his stoic stance, slicked hair and calm demeanour. Petry said Richardson’s calmness has helped the defencemen.

“I think he’s been really good for us,” Petry said. “I don’t think I’ve heard him yell once this year. He’s very calm and he’s clear with his message. Just having that composure behind you and knowing that you can go out there and play. Mistakes are part of the game and just knowing that you’re not going to come back to the bench and get an earful, I guess that gives you a little bit more freedom to make plays.”

Stu Cowan: New players, run-and-gun system breathe life into Canadiens

The Good Lord knows Richardson made his fair share. I will always harp back to our sweep of Tampa when PJ got into it with JJ in a very public manner. I'm sure it went back to his penalty against the Flyers earlier that year where he lost it some and decided to run someone read "stick up for himself" Therrien was incensed and would not pull our goaltender that game. :laugh: Against Tampa PK was being very competitve without crossing the line and essentially told JJ I've got this dumbass. Something that will never happen on Richardson's watch. Now if we could only get that emotional wreck out of the general managership role. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
And here we go again....avoid talking about points made, attack the poster....I really have no idea why you decide to start an argumentation and ends it that way. No idea. Unless it's just because you have nothing else to say, or never had anything to say to begin with.

And yes, we all know that points are exactly what makes a team great or not. For somebody who ask me to nuance....you come up with that argumentation?

In the end, if you don't want to discuss things...just don't. Or go directly to the ''you never like him'' statement, it wouldn't waste anybody's time. Just great that I take that time and I'm answered that way.
Hey Whitesnake, I didn't start anything with you. Go to the beginning of our conversation. It was you who started this discussion with me. I've just been responding to your comments.

IMPORTANT AS POINTS ARE, it's not just points. Have you been watching the games this year or are you too busy pricking needles into your Bergevin voodoo doll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad