GDT: The NHL Trade Deadline: More Trades Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We had Michaels Cammalleri and Ryder on our team at the same time. The twin epitomes of misfit forwards.

If we just take a look at our roster 3 or 4 years ago and what we have today, I wouldn't believe it actually happened in real life.

It's a video game transformation that Ray did with this dumpster of a team that was given to him.

The guy should get the MVP award for GM's.

Reactions: ChicoEatsNachos

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hayes and Stafford are only playing when Bratt needs a rest at this point. Maroon's replacing one of them and Grabner/Gibbons are going to replace the other. Zajac, Boyle and Maroon should be our only 'slow' skaters in the lineup once everyone's back.

Hopefully, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't, in any way, care about what we gave up. I don't think we parted with anything of consequence. It's just worrying but Maroon is essentially guaranteed a spot in the lineup and I don't think he helps the team at all.

Again, hopefully he proves me wrong.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Hopefully, but I'll believe it when I see it. I don't, in any way, care about what we gave up. I don't think we parted with anything of consequence. It's just worrying but Maroon is essentially guaranteed a spot in the lineup and I don't think he helps the team at all.

Again, hopefully he proves me wrong.

i think/hope you're underestimating him a bit. he's a clarkson type, which is something we've sorely needed. time will tell, i suppose

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

He also said he didn’t want to trade our 1st

I think Shero was waiting to see if a team went after Karlsson, that would have made a defenseman expendable and cheaper than usual.

Certainly was not expecting a forward pickup though, but it was exactly what the doctor ordered so Im very satisfied.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is Mojo confirmed done for the year or is what I'm reading just people speculating based on the trade?

I think we miss him a bit more than people realize, despite his inconsistency.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is Mojo confirmed done for the year or is what I'm reading just people speculating based on the trade?

I think we miss him a bit more than people realize, despite his inconsistency.

It's not that he's confirmed done but trading for TWO rental left wingers pretty much signaled they planned as if he wasn't going to be a part of the mix going forward. As it is now they have 14 healthy forwards plus Gibbons.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's not that he's confirmed done but trading for TWO rental left wingers pretty much signaled they planned as if he wasn't going to be a part of the mix going forward. As it is now they have 14 healthy forwards plus Gibbons.

And honestly if he does come back, it is a good problem to have. It makes our forward group very deep.

If Cory can get hot we could do some damage.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I'd be irate.

Stastny is no longer that great of a player, and they gave up a top-prospect, a 1st rounder, and a 4th for him.

That's insane. The BALLS Armstrong had to ask for that 4th Rounder, as is his theft wasn't large enough already.

Makes Shero's trade look even better.
The price would be a 4th or foley not both. Jets have lemieux the dont need foley. Also stasny will play with a 31 and 25 goal scorers laine and ehlers instead of bergland and sabotka 9 and 8 goals scorers.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Some things never change.

Toronto got it right though in that they didn't let Lou get full control of that franchise. They conceded to some of his idiocy...no beards. But overall Shanahan and other are there above him to make sure they stay in this century. There is still social media, Leafs TV, the fans still have good access to a team they cherish etc. Lou can still do a good job he just needs to be managed himself

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I think it is clear Mojo is going to be out for a while, and this helps us with the push but also in the playoffs. Gives Mojo plenty of time to rest up and possibly be ready for the playoffs

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I wonder how many pages he used on the typewriter before handing it over to the intern with the computer

points.jpg

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Toronto got it right though in that they didn't let Lou get full control of that franchise. They conceded to some of his idiocy...no beards. But overall Shanahan and other are there above him to make sure they stay in this century. There is still social media, Leafs TV, the fans still have good access to a team they cherish etc. Lou can still do a good job he just needs to be managed himself

time catches up to everyone. lou is there for his negotiating skills thats something you dont lose. unless you go full senile.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Leave Stan alone! :laugh:

Seriously I'll miss the old curmudgeon when he's no longer there even with his goofy alliteration like that blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad