News: The NHL has now confirmed that Montreal Canadiens signee Logan Mailloux is also NOT currently eligible to play in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
Perhaps you are too young to understand, just like Logan was... But that is absolutely f***ing bullying and it absolutely caused harm to her.

I mean what the f***. I get Montreal is your favorite team but are you really trying to defend this garbage.

Just because it was different from what Miller did doesn't make it not still bullying and abuse. The thing Mailloux has going for him is that he has shown genuine remorse since the event, seems to now recognize why what he did was so wrong, and has taken actual steps to learn from his mistake and attempt to become a better person. Its for those reasons and assuming he continues to learn and make amends, that he should end up being allowed to play again. But his actions were absolutely bullying and caused significant harm to an individual, whether you comprehend that or not doesn't matter in the least.
I am 45, so old enough, don't worry.
It caused her harm. It was an abuse, it was bad, but I believe in 2nd chance when you show remorse and pay back to society. People can change if they really want to and believe they did something wrong.
Mailloux has been doing that. Miller has not.

But it was not bullying and it wasn't done in the intent to harm her. You are wrong on this.

Reactions: viceroy

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
It just a bruins fan in here saying “whataboutism” and some haters of the Habs and Mailloux. This was already known but it’s different from Miller in Both scope of deed and actions since then. Even when you consider Miller was a full year before the Mailloux draft.

Mailloux has made a genuine effort to change what he has gone through.

Example interview from this summer at training camp

Sample from the respect group
Kennedy noted that his first brief interaction with Mailloux “was authentic and he was compassionate. When I spoke with Logan, it was real.”[12] Kennedy went on to say, “we could communicate about the issues at hand . . . we had a healthy conversation and I hope nothing but the best for Logan and that he continues to learn and be the best he can be in this space.”[13]

He’s expressed remorse and has continued to seek help from therapy.

Miller tried to skip the board and jump right to go it’s not a comparable situation and you’ll likely see Mailloux reinstated as soon as he and the habs apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad