Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
tenor.gif

I vaaaannnnnnttttt alllllll daaaaaaa goooooaaalllllliiiieeeessss

Last edited:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
This one was way off the board. at least the first one was ranked around where we took him

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i'm convinced Rutherford is just pissed off at the franchise right now because he can't keep his Jack Johnson

i'm only kidding a little bit

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Pretty much stopped giving a shit about the draft after we traded the 15th and Hallander for Kapanen. Then we took a goalie with our 1st pick with a guy who just turned 25 in net who had an all-star season last year. Then we took another goalie with our 2nd pick. :laugh:

Ah well, at least we bought out JJ.

Reactions: domaug

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It just makes no sense. This team and the draft is just so stubbornly aimless sometimes.

Aimless to who though? If our scouts had both goalies as BPA at each pick, does that change anything?

Like I said, I think replenishing the goalie coffers isn't a bad thing. In a couple years we may be needing to look towards a newer prospect. Who knows. Goalies are weird man.

I think they were likely more comfortable going goalie after the rather successful draft last year and recent signings. Wing and defense, we have pretty good depth. Center is the only question mark.

Reactions: domaug

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Aimless to who though? If our scouts had both goalies as BPA at each pick, does that change anything?

Like I said, I think replenishing the goalie coffers isn't a bad thing. In a couple years we may be needing to look towards a newer prospect. Who knows. Goalies are weird man.

I think they were likely more comfortable going goalie after the rather successful draft last year and recent signings. Wing and defense, we have pretty good depth. Center is the only question mark.

If we are a looking a couple years ahead why are we moving our 1st round pick and setting up a situation where half our team is UFA / RFA in two years?

That is my issue with taking two goaltenders here.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I don't have an issue with taking 2 goalies, its a position we have under drafted over recent years.

We could afford do that because we had Murray in place to replace Fleury and then Jarry developing to replace Murray.

Who replaces Jarry in 3 or 4 years time if we need to? Lets get a couple of bodies in the system now and see if we get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad