GDT: THE NHL DRAFT.... IN OCTOBER! GDT HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
Not sure what the point is of trading a 7th for a 7th next year. I would have thought you could pick up a 6th since usually you are able to get a round up if you are getting a pick next year.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What I am not getting is that unless Washington misses the playoffs next year they will be trading the lower 7th round pick. So not only do they get to pick now, but we paid a price for the privilege of them getting to pick now rather than a year later.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
I think that might be the cost of JR being friendly and not trying to get value.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
What I am not getting is that unless Washington misses the playoffs next year they will be trading the lower 7th round pick. So not only do they get to pick now, but we paid a price for the privilege of them getting to pick now rather than a year later.

JR and the draft team get 30 minutes more sleep though.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Goalie prospects are boring. We might appreciate it in 5-7 years when they're starting a rebuild around a new young goaltender and some veteran D like Marino but for now, boring. Of course there aren't near-NHL ready skilled centers in the 2nd round but the AHL stat watching is fun.

Isn't Klang a pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad