The next Franchise super star forward to the NHL?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't think that's what happened. Montreal skipped on him and took Russians later on in the draft.

Either he told those teams he'd prefer elsewhere which is possible, or those teams just had red flags that they couldn't justify him at their pick. Arpon Basu covers Montreal for The Athletic (bit of a mouth piece lol) and he hinted pretty strongly that people at SKA didn't think much of him and the Habs head scout has a lot of ties there. Fwiw they could (and very well may be) wrong but I think it's also possible some teams that had him lower than we do.

Skipping on a potential elite Russian at 5th overall to draft Russians in the 4th and 5th rounds is not the same as skipping on a potential elite Russian at 6th overall to... draft a different Russian with a lower ceiling at 6th overall.

WPGDEVILS

Jan 3, 2018
How much better is Celebrini than Fantilli?

I think Michkov is a higher level than both. He's on the level of Bedard, who no one would argue is the same level as Celebrini or Fantilli.
Saying Michkov is the same level as Bedard at this point is kinda insane after seeing Bedard play in the NHL, Fantilli and Michkov are very similar calibre prospects.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX and rahad

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm putting out a new name here, most hockey fans havent probably heard of
i think he is a legit future goal scoring franchise forward in the making,

His name is Daniel Makovetskiy, he is a 2029 NHL Draft eligible player
currently playing in the CSSHL U15 V
- now, ive followed his season from the get go, but only his stats, (39+30 | 2.65 ppg)
i made this thread after i watched several highlight video clips of him
damn... HE IS GOOD! skating, shooting, strength*

He is from Renton, Washington
currently he is listed at 5 foot 4 (150) or 5 foot 5 (155), depending a site
- sure, small kid, but he is very young

* as much as that young can have/be, but still, also the level of hockey he faces,
again but still..

heres few youtube videos

You think a 2010 currently playing in the CSSHLV is going to be the next superstar? At the same age, Bedard put up 3 points per game at the prep level. This kid is a longshot to be an NHL draft pick.

This might be your worst take ever, and that's saying something. There's a literal 12 year old in the CSSHLV who scoring at a greater clip than this kid.
sure, i might be wrong and all, time will tell
I'll spare you the suspense, you are 100% wrong, and laughably so.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
No. He is not going to be that good. You’re wrong again and continue to be unable to realize the diffrence between CSSHLV, and CSSHL.

He is a 2010 born playing varsity, the BEST 2010’s are playing Prep already.

He could be a WHL draft pick down the line, maybe in the top 100 if he has a good year next season but he is not on the level of McDavid, Bedard or even a McKenna. GTFO of here starting threads for this crap.
It must be pointed out that the OP loves huge stats and doesn't care or understand the league dynamic or scouting required.

But when I looked at the stats this kid scored slightly better and played a game in prep too but I'm not saying anthing about a player I jsut found on elite prospects.

Also I came here to say that while I love Gavin McKenna he is no superstar in the making just an extremely good prospect.

You think a 2010 currently playing in the CSSHLV is going to be the next superstar? At the same age, Bedard put up 3 points per game at the prep level. This kid is a longshot to be an NHL draft pick.

This might be your worst take ever, and that's saying something. There's a literal 12 year old in the CSSHLV who scoring at a greater clip than this kid.

I'll spare you the suspense, you are 100% wrong, and laughably so.
Kenzo played a couple games up in prep as well.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WPGDEVILS

Jan 3, 2018
What?

So Michkov is worse at hockey because of his contract status?
No they might have been comparable in their draft years (imo and most people’s Bedard was clearly a tier above) but now Bedard is excelling and looking even better then many would have thought. Celebrini is unreal and definitely comparable to michkov

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
No they might have been comparable in their draft years (imo and most people’s Bedard was clearly a tier above) but now Bedard is excelling and looking even better then many would have thought. Celebrini is unreal and definitely comparable to michkov
I think Bedard has been less productive than a lot of people expected. There was a large proportion of posters who were expecting 80-100+ points.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t know where you are getting it from that most people thought Bedard was a tier above.

You are using vague terms. What does unreal amount to?

Michkov is literally setting records for a Russian forward at that age in the KHL and before that was doing it in the MHL and for Russian junior teams. There’s no reason to think he won’t be the best Russian player of his generation. Celebrini and Fantilli are unlikely to be two of the very best players in the NHL.

Reactions: Flynn84

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I am going to go ahead and say it, it is beyond ridiculous that the conversation here is about a 13 year old kid. Honestly go ahead and flame me if you want, I really don't care.
Yes. And there are two particular posters who shall go without names who complain about literal 10 year olds playing selfishly and the other posting CSSHL stats they don’t even understand

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Who are current NHL Franchise Superstar and how where they acquired? If they were drafted at what rank?

I am curious to see how many of them there are in the NHL.

WPGDEVILS

Jan 3, 2018
I think Bedard has been less productive than a lot of people expected. There was a large proportion of posters who were expecting 80-100+ points.
I think that anyone who was watched him play this year understands, this Chicago team is truly awful and he has zero offensive support. I’ve never seen a top offensive talent have so little help, you put him in crosby or McDavids situation during his rookie year and you would be seeing comparable points

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
I'm still not sold on Michkov, and it has nothing to do with him being Russian, not directly anyhow.

I'm just not sure if he will be suitable for the NHL game, or if a coach is willing to live with whatever offense he might produce at the exepsne of nothing else. I'll be honest his size and weight are still an issue, if you believe most websites. That's also part of the problem. He needs to get into the North American game. No international tournaments isn't helpful either.

Mckenna seems to be a much safer pick, already has the height, needs to bulk up. Michael Misa seems to be growing slowly after a slow start, but probably not a super star.

I still think Michkov will be lucky to be as impactful as Sergie Samsanov, not a terrible player, but not the second coming people expect.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
I'm still not sold on Michkov, and it has nothing to do with him being Russian, not directly anyhow.

I'm just not sure if he will be suitable for the NHL game, or if a coach is willing to live with whatever offense he might produce at the exepsne of nothing else. I'll be honest his size and weight are still an issue, if you believe most websites. That's also part of the problem. He needs to get into the North American game. No international tournaments isn't helpful either.

Mckenna seems to be a much safer pick, already has the height, needs to bulk up. Michael Misa seems to be growing slowly after a slow start, but probably not a super star.

I still think Michkov will be lucky to be as impactful as Sergie Samsanov, not a terrible player, but not the second coming people expect.
He's like the same size as Patrick Kane now. And he is just 19
Don't see his size as a critical issue

I guess it depends on how much offense you expect him to bring, so "nothing else" is really matters or not

Reactions: Redpath

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Saying Michkov is the same level as Bedard at this point is kinda insane after seeing Bedard play in the NHL, Fantilli and Michkov are very similar calibre prospects.
Last time we saw them play in the same competition Michkov was actually better than Bedard. Not outlandish at all

Bedard getting force fed 20+ min and PP1 time is giving him some counting stats sure but I think everyone can see he’s getting demolished in possession and defensively and as a center.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

He's like the same size as Patrick Kane now. And he is just 19
Don't see his size as a critical issue

I guess it depends on how much offense you expect him to bring, so "nothing else" is really matters or not
I think his size is just fine for a winger. If he were a center I’d be worried similar to my worries on Bedard getting physically overwhelmed have proven very true

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think that anyone who was watched him play this year understands, this Chicago team is truly awful and he has zero offensive support. I’ve never seen a top offensive talent have so little help, you put him in crosby or McDavids situation during his rookie year and you would be seeing comparable points
People knew the Blackhawks would be terrible this year, and still made those predictions.

Heck, I had him at 78 points and I was one of the more conservative posters.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he is so good, why didn't he dominate KHL this season. A guy like Pettersson, who is not a Bedard level talent destroyed SHL in his D+1 season
It’s not dominating to have the highest scoring U19 season ever in the KHL? There are like five players on that list who’ve been top 5 wingers in the NHL at one point or another and some who were top 5 that never got close to the top of the list. He’s also at an unfair disadvantage to a lot of those players because he was born in December. Still the leader.

He leads his KHL team in PPG (minimum 20 games). His totals could be higher if he didn’t play for the third worst team in the league. He’s 13th in the KHL in PPG. Bedard is 68th in the NHL.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It’s not dominating to have the highest scoring U19 season ever in the KHL? There are like five players on that list who’ve been top 5 wingers in the NHL at one point or another and some who were top 5 that never got close to the top of the list. He’s also at an unfair disadvantage to a lot of those players because he was born in December. Still the leader.

He leads his KHL team in PPG (minimum 20 games). His totals could be higher if he didn’t play for the third worst team in the league. He’s 13th in the KHL in PPG. Bedard is 68th in the NHL.
He doesn't have the highest scoring U19 season either by raw points or PPG. What he does have is the highest PPG amongst DY players (but also 10-20 fewer games than the ones above him in raw points).

The record he does hold is the highest scoring DY+1 season. As for U20 season, he's on pace to fall just short of Kaprizov.

Note: this isn't taking into account KHL's predecessor (so it's only counting back to the 2008-09 season), which would push him further down everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad