GDT: The Next Critical Game|Jackets @ Oilers|3-21-19|9:00 p.m.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I still think Montreal finishes 7-2. Most of their hard games occur in the final week when teams will already have playoff spots and seeding locked up, so they’ll be resting any injured players. Plus, Carey price.

Reactions: Bobcat110

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Yes, take my opinion and go to the absolute extreme. No, I said the jackets win 5 and finish with 94 points. Montreal finishes with 97, and Carolina 99. I don’t think that’s far fetched at all, you just don’t like to hear it.

You’re talking the same Montréal team that has lost 5 of their last 8 and not beaten a playoff team in over a month, right? They are going on some magical run of beating NYI, at CAR, at CBJ, at WSH, at WPG, TOr and TB?

It’s sad that you are reaching for new levels of pessimism even for you.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You’re talking the same Montréal team that has lost 5 of their last 8 and not beaten a playoff team in over a month, right? They are going on some magical run of beating NYI, at CAR, at CBJ, at WSH, at WPG, TOr and TB?

It’s sad that you are reaching for new levels of pessimism even for you.

NYI have been struggling and MTL should have beaten them last week. They have beaten Columbus in every game this year. Washington, Winnipeg, Toronto, and Tampa will all have spots and seeding locked up, so it’s not far fetched they rest players, and thus Montreal winning a hefty amount of the games. Plus, Carey price, like I said.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario

On their record? No. But I’ll bet you on the playoff spot.

giphy.gif

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
This is wearing me out, going through this down the stretch every season. This year it's worse, 1) because I feel or I'd hope the team would be progressing to the point where it would be in a more solid spot by now; 2) because of the all-in; and 3) because the team is actually in a worse position than the past couple seasons

I said something along these lines 3 or 4 GTD's ago. Right there with you.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Korpisalo has a 3.75 GAA, .886 save percentage in 4 games against Edmonton.

solid.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Take it. Habs must score 2 more points than CBJ in remaining games. Look at their schedule and their recent record. Price got lit up for 8 goals by the Ducks. THE DUCKS!!!

Boy this post won’t look good in a few weeks if I’m right

Reactions: We Want Ten

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
For me it has more to do with the extreme high of Going All-In immediately followed by the extreme low two weeks of Hopeless Inexplicable Doom. It's exhausting.

I don't really feel doom anymore, I like the way the team is playing. It's just exhaustion. And it's the damn puck that I don't like. Sedlak's post the other night felt like a punch in the feels. I hate being this invested for this long in every little bounce. I have enough drama in my life, inside and outside of work, that I can't handle it with the Jackets right now.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
This feels like a game we get our asses handed to us if we play poor defense. Team has been lost and inconsistent. Could win or lose; that’s really just about to it anymore.

Good teams dictate, CBJ are just there

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I couldn't do it... I took one game off and we lost with no points...

We should win tonight and in Vancouver.... Then home for two games vs NYI and Habs….

We will start tonight... "A Signal Victory"...

Reactions: Cowumbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad