The Nemesis' "steals" draft and tournament - drafting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Vancouver selects F. Eric Belanger

Brendan Morrow - Brad Richards - Jarome Iginla
Fredrik Modin - Tuomo Ruutu - Maxim Afinogenov
Tomas Holmstrom - Alyn McCauley - Adam Hall
Nicklas Hagman - Curtis Brown - Eric Belanger

Pavel Kubina - Filip Kuba
Danny Markov - Andrew Ference
xxxxx - Karel Rachunek

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
We're on the homestretch people. After the current 19th round is completed, there are only 4 more rounds to go. Hopefully we can get through those as quickly as possible and start the tournament in the next couple of weeks.

When the tournament is ready to go, it'll be in the Fantasy Hockey forum, and it will also include a poll for people to vote on which team they like the most. Each of you is encouraged to vote at that point as well, but instead of voting for the team you think is the strongest, you should vote for the team that you think would be your stiffest competition.

BTW, if you want, I can speed up the picking of reserves in the last 3 rounds. What we can do is after round 20 is done, everyone sends me a list of players they want for reserves, ranked according to preference, and with a note that specifies what mix of positions you want. I can then use those lists to fill in the last few spots and announce it here. In that case, we'd only have 2 more time-consuming rounds to be completed. And if things go quickly, we could very well be done drafting by next week.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has taken the time to participate in this draft. It took far longer than I expected to get through, but I can still say that it's been (for hte most part) pretty fun working with this interesting pool of players.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Where is everyone?

Vancouver selects D. Alexei Semenov

Alexei Semenov - Karel Rachunek

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
gobert said:
Where is everyone?

Vancouver selects D. Alexei Semenov

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​
I've been asking myself the same thing...

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
St. Louis is pleased to select winger Fernando Pisani.

Patrik Elias - Brendan Morrison - Steve Sullivan
Vaclav Prospal - Henrik Zetterberg - Richard Zednik
PJ Axelsson - Michal Handzus - Jan Hrdina
XXXX - Todd Marchant - Fernando Pisani

Zdeno Chara - Kim Johnsson
Toni Lydman - Colin White
Niclas Havelid - Hal Gill

David Aebischer
Kevin Weekes

extras: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX​

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
Winnipeg selects Jordin Tootoo.

Ladislav Nagy - Marc Savard - Marian Hossa
Martin Erat - Tyler Arnason - Sami Kapanen
Ales Kotalik - Jiri Hudler - xxx
Jordin Tootoo - Niko Kapanen - Trevor Letowski

Janne Niinimaa - Tomas Kaberle
Garnet Exelby - Jiri Fischer
Fedor Tyutin - Karlis Skrastins

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Robert Esche

Reserves
1. xxx - X
2. xxx - X
3. xxx - X

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Two things. First, Morrison_rulz is still "on vacation", I'll make his two missed picks for him. Therefore, Seattle takes Tyson Nash and Bates Battaglia.

And as for myself (since Heatley Wanted's time is up), San Jose selects goaltender Martin Gerber.
Marco Sturm - Daniel Briere - Daniel Alfredsson
Andrew Brunette - Mike York - Scott Walker
Jeff Friesen - Josef Vasicek - Niko Dimitrakos
Antti Laaksonen - Riku Hahl - Justin Williams

Jaroslav Spacek - Marek Zidlicky
Andrei Markov - Lubomir Visnovsky
Christian Ehrhoff - Michael Rozsival

Evgeny Nabokov
Martin Gerber

Reserves:
1) xxx
2) xxx
3) xxx

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
boston will take
D Daley,Trevor
F Surovy,Tomas

samsonov//bergeron//demitra
orszagh//comrie//parrish
tucker//cammalleri//vrbata
Svoboda//Surovy//bouginecki

poti//mccabe
schultz//aucoin
vaananen//Daley

Turco
Cloutier

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
heatley wanted said:
boston will take
D Daley,Trevor
F Surovy,Tomas

samsonov//bergeron//demitra
orszagh//comrie//parrish
tucker//cammalleri//vrbata
Svoboda//Surovy//bouginecki

poti//mccabe
schultz//aucoin
vaananen//Daley

Turco
Cloutier
Sorry, Surovy was taken in the 12th round by London. You'll have to make another selection.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
heatley wanted said:
brian sutherby?
That works.

OK, I wanted to explain my earlier idea about a "quick pick" method for the reserves so that the last 3 rounds go by faster and we can start the tournament very soon.

At this moment, there are 49 players remaining in the pool. This will be down to 43 by the time the 20th round is over. So, what I propose we do is when the 20th round concludes, I will post the list of remaining undrafted players here. Everyone should then think about the mix of reserves that they want to have (I'll list the possible combos below, but depending on the mixture of players drafted with the next 6 picks, they could change.), and then send me a list of the players they want, sorted in order of preference. I could then take those lists, and work down each one, picking the most desired player available three times until the end of the 23rd round. That way we'd be finished the last three rounds in 20 minutes instead of 2 weeks.

I'd like some feedback on this idea from everyone, so let's hear what you think.

Also, I have tried to PM RandomCanuckFan about his missed 20th round pick, but his message allotment is maxed out, so I can't get anything through.

Remember, you've also got to think about your special teams lines and shootout lineup, becuase I'll need those when the draft is over so I can make the tournament preview guide and actually do the tournament.

Last edited:

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Vancouver selects G. Johan Hedberg

Tomas Vokoun
Johan Hedberg​

Titanium

Oct 20, 2003
Nottinghamshire, Eng
Visit site
The list idea is good, since it won't make a great difference to who gets selected! One point, though...if it's OK, can I just post my 21st Round pick since mine are back-to-back? I'd have to post the 20th, so I may as well do the 21st while I'm at it, if that's alright!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Titanium said:
The list idea is good, since it won't make a great difference to who gets selected! One point, though...if it's OK, can I just post my 21st Round pick since mine are back-to-back? I'd have to post the 20th, so I may as well do the 21st while I'm at it, if that's alright!
Yeah, you can make your 21st round selection when the time comes, since it wouldn't make any difference if you pick him or you tell me to pick him.

I will say that it is important to at least put some thought into your reserves, because I may require that you use them somehow during the tournament (after all, originally they were injury replacements, but because I can't keep injuries with the way I'm doing this, that would normally make them all but useless). I don't know if I'll do that at this point. I will, however, be putting some sort of requirement on using your backup goalie during the tournament (although probably just saying that he has to play a game or two by the start of the elimination rounds)

hatedkidatskool*

Damn, someone draft Forsebutg, Pronger or someone of that caliber. Look at the steels you could make.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
bluenotehockey26 said:
Damn, someone draft Forsebutg, Pronger or someone of that caliber. Look at the steels you could make.
If this is some sort of attempt at sarcasm, you need a little bit of work.

By the way, could you give me some information on this Forsebutg? If he's as big a steal as you suggest, I'd like to know what I'm missing...:sarcasm:

If this isn't sarcastic, then you need to re-read the original posts leading up to the draft, because Forsberg and Pronger didn't qualify. Pronger didn't probably because he was a 2nd overall pick (even though Kariya qualified at 4th). Forsberg I'm not so sure of. It was The Hockey News' list of steals that I used, not my own.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
St. Louis is pleased to select forward Stephane Veilleux.

Patrik Elias - Brendan Morrison - Steve Sullivan
Vaclav Prospal - Henrik Zetterberg - Richard Zednik
PJ Axelsson - Michal Handzus - Jan Hrdina
Stephane Veilleux - Todd Marchant - Fernando Pisani

Zdeno Chara - Kim Johnsson
Toni Lydman - Colin White
Niclas Havelid - Hal Gill

David Aebischer
Kevin Weekes

extras: XXXX, XXXX, XXXX​

Status
Not open for further replies.