The Nemesis' "steals" draft and tournament - drafting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Titanium said:
Looks like the list The Nemesis sent me wasn't complete! I'd have grabbed Sullivan instead of Satan! Ho hum!
Sorry. I don't know why I passed over Sullivan in that list. As a matter of fact, I don't know why I passed over Sullivan with my 4th round pick. I could've just as easily shifted Sturm or Alfredsson to centre and taken Sullivan.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Vancouver selects LW Fredrik Modin.

xxxxx - Brad Richards - Jarome Iginla
Fredrik Modin - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Pavel Kubina - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets will select Janne Niinimaa

Hossa - xxx - Kariya
Nagy - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Niinimaa - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

Giguere
xxx

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Titanium said:
You guys have some odd lines! Daze and Modin on the 2nd when there's room on the 1st, Hossa at LW while Kariya's at RW! :D Still, your teams!
I like to spread out talent rather have one stacked line... for the time being, at least.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Before I get to my pick, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to Titanium's comments about odd choices (from my perspective, at least). I will make some odd choices based on how I value certain player archtypes. For example, although part of my decision to reach a bit down off the board and take Marco Sturm was based on the fact that he's my favorite player, I also felt that there weren't any good alternatives based on the left wingers that were still available. I'm also making my next selection on much the same grounds.

San Jose selects Defenceman Marek Zidlicky

You're probably thinking that Zidlicky is a big reach at this point. But I value his skill as an offensive defenceman and as a powerplay quarterback. There aren't a lot of those type of players left at the higher end of the defenceman spectrum. And also I've kinda been scared a little into taking him early just because I don't want to stall. I'll be honest and say that part of my master plan had involved Daze and Allison. I had hoped that their injury problems would shield them from selection for a little while, and then I probably would've taken a stab at them at the round 7 & 8 picks. But they both went earlier than expected, and I'd already had Hossa and Datsyuk pulled out from under me. So I'm reaching a little to take Zidlicky now just so I can feel secure in the fact that I got my man. There aren't very many other players that I have specifically earmarked at this point that I could forsee going very early, so you probably won't see many reaches from me any more.
Just a last reminder that now is the beginning of the 24 hour clock (well, ok, it began before my pick, but I'm doing this less than 8 hours since Perry posted). Winnipeg, you've got until tomorrow at 8pm PST.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I posted it in the updated draft board post, but I'd also better mention here that RandomCanuckFan has run out the clock without making his pick. As a result, Winnipeg is bypassed and Vancouver (Gobert) is now on the clock. Winnipeg's pick can be made up at any time, and the draft can continue on.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
Vancouver selects D Danny Markov.

xxxxx - Brad Richards - Jarome Iginla
Fredrik Modin - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Pavel Kubina - xxxxx
Danny Markov - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

Tomas Vokoun
xxxxx​

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
Jets select Tomas Kaberle

Paul Kariya - xxx - Marian Hossa
Ladislav Nagy - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Janne Niinimaa - Tomas Kaberle
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
xxx

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
Well, it's been over 24 hours, so with their sixth round pick, St. Louis is pleased to select forward Henrik Zetterberg. Not sure exactly which position we'll put him at in the end (since he plays all 3), but we'll start him at center for now.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
ORBluesFan said:
Well, it's been over 24 hours, so with their sixth round pick, St. Louis is pleased to select forward Henrik Zetterberg. Not sure exactly which position we'll put him at in the end (since he plays all 3), but we'll start him at center for now.
Thanks for taking the initiative to continue. I had meant to post a notice of the Portland clock expiry earlier this morning, but I ran out of time. Seattle you're now up, and we'll just keep going and let Jozef make up his pick whenever he returns (his last activity was on Wednesday)

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
Seattle Scorpions

Simon Gagne--Scott Gomez--Todd Bertuzzi

Mattias Ohlund--Derek Morris

Andrew Raycroft

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
The Seattle Scorpions select D Barret Jackman.

Simon Gagne--Scott Gomez--Todd Bertuzzi

Mattias Ohlund--Barret Jackman
Derek Morris--********

Andrew Raycroft

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
Jets select Tyler Arnason...all of the good Cs are gone :cry:

Paul Kariya - Tyler Arnason - Marian Hossa
Ladislav Nagy - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Janne Niinimaa - Tomas Kaberle
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
xxx

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
San Jose proudly selects, with its 7th round pick, Defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky

You think you have it bad with centers RandomCanuckFan? I realize now that I probably shouldn've have dilly-dallied on my blueline, becuase pretty much all that's left are higher-end offensive defencemen, and some 2nd and 3rd pairing two-way or stay-at-home guys.

And if you happen to read this Jozef Balej, you really need to make your picks. You've missed two so far, and I wouldn't want any one team to fall much farther behind. I also can't just let one drop out and leave us with 7, becuase then it messes up the whole tournament setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad