The Nemesis' "steals" draft and tournament - drafting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just a heads up. Starting with Winnipeg's next pick, I'll be drafting for both myself and RandomCanuckFan. RCF gave me a list to work off of, and I'll be posting both team's picks in the same post (since one team will always immediately follow the other).

Also, I noticed a small screw-up on my part. Sean McMorrow is listed as a forward in my draft preview, but he's actually a defenceman in the Sabres system. So, if you want to draft him, do so as a defenceman.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
monster_bertuzzi said:
Kariay was a top 5 pick, hardly a steal.
I guess my use of the term "steals" wasn't quite on the money. The THN lists were called "astute selections" and simply represented players that were picked reasonably below where they should've gone, using hindsight to evaluate the draft. Kariya makes it because his selection at 4th was behind NHL powerhouses Chris Gratton and Alex Daigle. In hindsight, a player of Kariya's talent should've gone either first, or second behind Chris Pronger.

Of course, there are probably plenty of players that were missed in the process of making this list, but it's all the doing of The Hockey News, not me.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The Portland Olympics select C Pavel Datsyuk.

xxxxx - Pavel Datsyuk - Milan Hejduk
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

Jose Theodore
xxxxx​

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ok, here are the next two picks:

First, selecting for RandomCanuckFan, the Winnipeg Jets select Goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere.

Now, my pick. The San Jose Vipers are proud to draft Forward Marco Sturm (you know I had to do it eventually...)

Perry91502

Dec 23, 2003
With the 25th overall pick in this years draft...The Boston Bisons select, from the Toronto Maple Leafs, Defenseman, Bryan McCabe

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Maybe I did take Sturm earlier than expected, but 1) RandomCanuckFan already stole Hossa from me, and he almost would've stolen Datsyuk if Jozef Balej didn't take him (After Havlat was taken, Datsyuk was the next name on RCF's list. Which means I would've had to select Pavel for Winnipeg had he not been taken before then.), Given that after my 3rd and 4th round picks, I would be waiting through 12 selections before I was up again, I felt it was a justifiable choice to take Sturm now rather than have him snagged somewhere in the mean time. And 2) Sturm was top 5 in terms of remaining wingers, and I valued his speed over the primary strengths of the other high end wingers. With that in mind:

With the 2nd pick in the 4th round, 26th overall, San Jose selects Forward Daniel Briere (Sturm-Briere-Alfredsson=lots of open ice to create offence)

And with the 3rd pick of the 4th round, 27th overall, Winnipeg selects Forward Ladislav Nagy

Titanium

Oct 20, 2003
Nottinghamshire, Eng
Visit site
OK, the floppy disk with my files on has been corrupted somehow! If anyone can tell me how to obtain the files (it asks me to reformat, so I assume that would lose me all my files), I'd be most grateful!

However, I have another problem! I can't download the .zip file again because my girlfriend's computer (that I'm on tonight), won't let me! I may be able to return to my own computer and sort this before my pick, but it's not guaranteed! If anyone can send me a list of the best players left in, that would be very helpful until I get to my files in one form or another!

Cheers,
Titanium

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just a reminder that after the next round (Round 5), the draft clock is reduced to a single day (24 hours). Techincally this will start with the second pick of the sixth round, since the first pick of the round (belonging to Perry95102) will be coupled with the final pick of the 5th round in a single 48 hour draft clock. Like previous rounds, the "matched pairs" of picks (the last pick of a round and the first pick of the next one, both belonging to the same GM) will use a single clock, which will still become 24 hours.

Hopefully this will pick up the pace and we'll fly through those rounds.

Also, now that RandomCanuckFan is back, I will no longer be drafting for him.

Edit: I contradicted myself about the draft clock. I did mean that the 24 hour clock starts after the 5th round, but that means that the last picks to be on a 48 hour clock are the last of the 5th/first of the 6th belonging to Perry.

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The Portland Olympics select D Kimmo Timonen.

xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Kimmo Timonen - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

Jose Theodore
xxxxx​

Titanium

Oct 20, 2003
Nottinghamshire, Eng
Visit site
My thanks to The Nemesis for the list!

With the last pick of the 4th Round, the London Knights select C Jason Allison!

With the first pick of the 5th Round, the London Knights select RW Miroslav Satan!

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
The Portland Olympics select LW Éric Dazé.

Éric Dazé - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx - xxxxx

Kimmo Timonen - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx
xxxxx - xxxxx

José Théodore
xxxxx​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad