The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
So we are winning again. Big win against SJ. However, we are one or two injuries away from being bad again. Smith has shown flashes of being the game breaker we desperately need but will Trotz's emphasis on defensive play stifle his creativity? Rinne has been pulling off miracles for us but we cannot depend on him every night like this. We need more consistent offensive zone pressure.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
So we are winning again. Big win against SJ. However, we are one or two injuries away from being bad again. Smith has shown flashes of being the game breaker we desperately need but will Trotz's emphasis on defensive play stifle his creativity? Rinne has been pulling off miracles for us but we cannot depend on him every night like this. We need more consistent offensive zone pressure.

You can say any team is a bad team with one or two injuries to key players. So that's not really an issue.

The only way Smith's defensive play becomes an issue is if he's slotted onto the 3rd line once everyone is healthy. With linemates like Smithson and Spaling/Tootoo, there will be more time spent in the defensive zone, possibly exposing him.

As for the last point. I completely agree. Not enough pressure in the offensive zone. However if we play like we did in the 3rd period against SanJose, we're on the right track. Hard on the puck, and team speed.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN

Are you still shunning Preds jerseys?

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I will be wearing my Preds Bonk jersey to the game Saturday for the purposes of a wager between myself and Dryden. Will see how things go after that.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I will be wearing my Preds Bonk jersey to the game Saturday for the purposes of a wager between myself and Dryden. Will see how things go after that.

I must say I'm impressed. I'm not sure I've seen a Bonk jersey in the arena, maybe once? Hell, dryden would probably happily wear it, being a former Hab. Someone ought to buy him a Bouillon player tee shirt :nod:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
"Rinne has been pulling off miracles for us but we cannot depend on him every night like this. We need more consistent offensive zone pressure." Written on 11/6.

Tonight Rinne couldn't stop a beach ball and the team in front of him imploded and looked like a pee wee club. We just aren't that good. And we will struggle to make the playoffs. :shakehead

Oh and I wore my Preds old away and I saw nothing that will make me wear it again any time soon.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
"Rinne has been pulling off miracles for us but we cannot depend on him every night like this. We need more consistent offensive zone pressure." Written on 11/6.

Tonight Rinne couldn't stop a beach ball and the team in front of him imploded and looked like a pee wee club. We just aren't that good. And we will struggle to make the playoffs. :shakehead

Oh and I wore my Preds old away and I saw nothing that will make me wear it again any time soon.

Should've worn gold. :sarcasm:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The team is good, not great. We're a pretty decent team from top to bottom. What we lack in some aspects of our depth defensively we make up for in Weber, Suter, and Rinne, therefore balancing our defense out at "pretty good". I understand why Trotz would like to split up Weber and Suter but I don't know if we can afford to.

This upcoming roadtrip is gonna be huge in many ways.

We have been able to cancel out our bad start to the season with points in 10 of the last 12 games, and it's going to be really interesting to see how this roadie plays out. Huge character builder. It's time for the veterans to stop the BS and make no excuses. We're a healthy team right now. Are we up to the challenge or not?

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I'd really like to see the HSW line together again.

I'd also like to see us complete a pass cleanly again, and have just one open shot not "hop over the stick." But hey, one thing at a time.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
How about not turning it over in the defensive zone? How about hitting someone? How about not having pee wee level brain cramps?

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Preds last 3 games...........the avatar says it all for me! I did not see one of the last 4 we lost, but they seem to be in a major slump. Time to turn things around!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The old bug-a-boo of not scoring goals has reappeared again. Now we can't just clog up the neutral zone any more and hope for a few lucky bounces because teams have figured that out. The opposition can take as many penalties as they want and cause retaliation penalties, because the PP is used as a defensive opportunity. The Tennessee Lottery Power Play (best sponsorship ever!!!!!!! Because you have as much of a chance in winning both Powerball and Mega Millions as the Preds do scoring)

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Do I dare bring up the speculation that over this long of a period, maybe no matter what group of players takes the ice, THE SYSTEM and THE MESSAGE has become far too stagnant?? The passion that I heard coming from the team's "advisor" after being embarrased by the oils on home ice last week just doesn't seem to be coming from the team's head coach. I think a HUGE link that became missing from this team over the past horific summer was a Coach Brent Peterson.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
Do I dare bring up the speculation that over this long of a period, maybe no matter what group of players takes the ice, THE SYSTEM and THE MESSAGE has become far too stagnant?? The passion that I heard coming from the team's "advisor" after being embarrased by the oils on home ice last week just doesn't seem to be coming from the team's head coach. I think a HUGE link that became missing from this team over the past horific summer was a Coach Brent Peterson.

I don't know if Coach Peterson had anything to do with it or not. But I do think that at some point, Trotz' message has started fallen on deaf ears. He says that the stuff he preaches is "timeless", but I don't know.

I think at some point the "veterans" on this group have to finally start acting like pros: that's you Legwand, Erat, Fisher, Hornqvist, Tootoo, SK, etc. Their effort just hasn't been consistent.

Do you think Zetterberg and Datsyuk have to be given a "message" all the time from Babcock? No. They're professionals and they know what type of effort they have to bring to win, and they bring it not just because they want to win, but because they are competitors and it's their obligation.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I might be one of the few and may be lashed at for saying this but I feel pretty confident that its time for trotz to go. even if we somehow make the playoffs, there comes a time when you stop settling for good/mediocre and try to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad