The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The only thing that cures a thread like this is the only known cure for PPDDS* - Winning.

* - Post-Predators Defeat Depression Syndrome. Symptoms usually manifest immediately after a loss by the Nashville NHL team. Symptoms include whining, demanding everyone on the team be traded, and generally acting like a four year old who has been told he/she isn't getting a pony for Christmas. Symptoms tend to range from mild (a preseason loss or a loss to a team in the Eastern Conference) to moderate (a loss to Columbus) to severe (a loss in the playoffs - or to the Detroit Red Wings). If symptoms continue for longer than two weeks, consider taking a step back from hockey for a while.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
101st, did you not see the title? :sarcasm: The team in front of Biron is the best in the east, they should not have gotten shellaced like that even with Biron in goal. I'll eat my humble pie if need be but I don't think I am too far off the mark.

I recommend a good hot sauce when eating crow. ;)

The Rangers depend a lot on Lundqvist ... goals against, PK%, etc all go depend on his performance. Offensively, they're right there with us. 10-13th in goals/game are up for grabs every night based on how each team does. Their PP is anemic.

The next week is murder for the top four teams in our division.
Us - @DAL, VAN, STL, SJ
CHI - STL, DET, DAL, @LA
STL - @CHI, BOS, @NAS, @WPG (Bos & Nas back to back)
DET - SJ, @CHI, VAN, COL

Last edited:

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
The only thing that cures a thread like this is the only known cure for PPDDS* - Winning.

* - Post-Predators Defeat Depression Syndrome. Symptoms usually manifest immediately after a loss by the Nashville NHL team. Symptoms include whining, demanding everyone on the team be traded, and generally acting like a four year old who has been told he/she isn't getting a pony for Christmas. Symptoms tend to range from mild (a preseason loss or a loss to a team in the Eastern Conference) to moderate (a loss to Columbus) to severe (a loss in the playoffs - or to the Detroit Red Wings). If symptoms continue for longer than two weeks, consider taking a step back from hockey for a while.

whoa. where did you come from?

VFL615*

Did anyone hear the interview with Blake's dad on the zone this morning??
Some pretty interesting things said if you can find the audio.

VFL615*

Enlighten us...

(I saw the title of this thread and thoughts, "Who the heck could be negative right now? Preds are making good decisions AND playing good hockey.")

I cannot recall word for word but it started out with him saying that the Preds have treated Blake very well and are a top notch organization. He then went onto say that he is not bashing on anyone but in his opinion Blake did not really get a chance in Nashville. He said Blake was put on the 4th line and specifically mentioned with Smithson "lol" and was told to be a grinder/checking 4th liner. He said his son conformed to that and then when got demoted when he was not producing like they wanted him to. He continued to give the example of how Borque is getting a shot on the 3rd line and higher that Blake only got the chance one time. He then relayed to Mark about a game last year where they put Blake on the 3rd line and how they both chatted with each other about how the line was the best on the ice that night.

The conversation was a lot of they are great and have a great organization but followed it with not agreeing with the role and chances Blake got put into.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I cannot recall word for word but it started out with him saying that the Preds have treated Blake very well and are a top notch organization. He then went onto say that he is not bashing on anyone but in his opinion Blake did not really get a chance in Nashville. He said Blake was put on the 4th line and specifically mentioned with Smithson "lol" and was told to be a grinder/checking 4th liner. He said his son conformed to that and then when got demoted when he was not producing like they wanted him to. He continued to give the example of how Borque is getting a shot on the 3rd line and higher that Blake only got the chance one time. He then relayed to Mark about a game last year where they put Blake on the 3rd line and how they both chatted with each other about how the line was the best on the ice that night.

The conversation was a lot of they are great and have a great organization but followed it with not agreeing with the role and chances Blake got put into.

if it was my kid I'd probably feel the same but whatever...the "he wasnt used properly" line is a worn out excuse dating back to at least Simon gamache... bottom line, if you're gonna stick, you'd better show something no matter where they put you.. the ones that stick look good anywhere..

VFL615*

if it was my kid I'd probably feel the same but whatever...the "he wasnt used properly" line is a worn out excuse dating back to at least Simon gamache... bottom line, if you're gonna stick, you'd better show something no matter where they put you.. the ones that stick look good anywhere..

Having to play with Smithson is career sucide almost. Its like being paired up with Klein on the 2nd line. You will quickly find yourself in the AHL or on the 3rd line.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Having to play with Smithson is career sucide almost. Its like being paired up with Klein on the 2nd line. You will quickly find yourself in the AHL or on the 3rd line.

funny it didnt stop Joel Ward from "sticking" in the NHL... or Nick Spaling, for that matter

the point is, the coaches can tell if a player is "getting it" regardless of what line they are on... if Blake had looked comfortable with the puck and had done the other things coaches look for that dont show up on the scoresheet, I suspect he would still be here.

plus that doesnt explain why he continued to flounder in Milwaukee...

VFL615*

funny it didnt stop Joel Ward from "sticking" in the NHL... or Nick Spaling, for that matter

the point is, the coaches can tell if a player is "getting it" regardless of what line they are on... if Blake had looked comfortable with the puck and had done the other things coaches look for that dont show up on the scoresheet, I suspect he would still be here.

Joel Ward..lol Yeah he decided to play in the post season to get a big contract now look at him. The Preds sure did not sign his "getting it"

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Words cannot describe how happy I am we didn't resign Wardo.

As for negativity, Weber and Suter haven't looked the same since the All Star Break.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Joel Ward..lol Yeah he decided to play in the post season to get a big contract now look at him. The Preds sure did not sign his "getting it"

because his "getting it" was imo, a fluke. and im sure the coaches and staff knew that. they traded for him and pretty much paved his road to the NHL. Im sure they knew it was a flash in the pan. he really is nowhere near a good a player as the stat sheet shows from last years playoffs. ive watchd him since he strapped a nashville uni on. yes he had a good run but if im poile i dont roll the dice on him again especially with the money he got... i will miss the OX a little, he did bring some fire to the game.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

you totally missed the point that playing with Smithson didnt send Wardo to the AHL. If what you said was true Ward should have washed out..

And before letting him walk for stupid money this summer the Preds had previously signed him to two contracts..

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
...the point is, the coaches can tell if a player is "getting it" regardless of what line they are on... if Blake had looked comfortable with the puck and had done the other things coaches look for that dont show up on the scoresheet, I suspect he would still be here.

I wish Blake all the best with the Habs. As a product of local hockey he was/can be an inspiration to lots of kids hereabouts. Maybe he can get back his mojo and play to his potential.

But as I stated elsewhere, it is clear Bourque had surpassed him on the depth chart here. Or Blake would not have looked as lost in the AHL where he played well last year. It is easy to speculate what Blake 'might have done' if placed on the 2nd or 3rd line, but this year he looked 'panicked' when he was on the ice. DOn't tell me you didn't notice that. Contrast it to how Gabriel has fared since his callup-- he was with the big club for a good reason. And no doubt Bourque would get sent back to the A if any new forward comes in via trade without clearing a roster spot.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Young forwards are always going to bounce around lines. Part of developing a player properly is knowing what the player needs to work on to be successful long term. Simply knowing it won't do, though, so you must play him in the roles that will help him learn. Smith has seen time on every line this year, and I don't think anyone will argue that he has more potential as a forward than Geoffrion.

We all love Blake, but saying he didn't get a fair shot because he was on a line with Smithson is inaccurate. It completely ignores the fact that Geoffrion was called up to fill a bottom six, grinder role.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Mattie Hals has been stuck pretty much on the 4th line with Smithson all year - how's he doing? Oh - and gotten himself a little reward outta' it, too - 19+ mins yesterday.

Smith - yep, he's sucked since they moved him down onto the 4th line..... oops, no he hasn't.

Point - BG was brought up to play 3rd/4th line minutes and dropped the ball. Hope he has great success in MTL, but for whatever reason he wasn't getting it hear, at least relative to the other young Fs.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I liked Blake and would love to see him back with the Preds someday when he develops into the solid player I think most of believe he can be.

However, I saw some of his dad's comments, and saying "he didn't understand he was supposed to produce on the 4th line" is ridiculous.

He knows he's supposed to produce, no matter what line he's on. In fact, he's supposed to produce so well that the coaches take notice and move him up.

Sorry Mr. Geoffrion, that doesn't fly - unless you really want to try to tell us that Barry Trotz instructed Geoffrion not to score.

But as I said, I hope to see Blake back here one day.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Not yet but if he pans out I could see him being a 30 goal scored year in and year out. He has the ability.

I agree, with one requirement: he has to have the right linemates. If we put him with "Top 6" Spailing and Smithson or something, it wont happen. I would say he gets 30 with something like Wilson and Hemsky

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I agree, with one requirement: he has to have the right linemates. If we put him with "Top 6" Spailing and Smithson or something, it wont happen. I would say he gets 30 with something like Wilson and Hemsky
Ah yes, this is a Preds fan one-liner that will never get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->