The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
he has won a cup, right? I don't know how I feel about him

He has won a Cup. He also won a Norris as a player back in the 80s (81 I think). Of course, his cup winning team was pretty stacked so I'm not sure his style would be effective in Nashville. I was sort of kidding haha

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
maybe its time to change our culture? don't yall think we have had the same culture because we have had the same coach since the start?

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
maybe its time to change our culture? don't yall think we have had the same culture because we have had the same coach since the start?
I know this is the negativity thread, so I'm not trying to argue or change anyone's mind. But I want to ask a question: Why is the grass always greener on the other side to some of you? To take a quote from Butterfly Effect, "You can wake up a lot more f***ed up than you are now."

My point is that, with Trotz we know we can be in the hunt. With these other coaches who play a risky game, we could finish only a few points higher in the standings (because do you honestly believe that we have the talent to compete with anyone above us on the standings offensively???), but more than likely we could also be where Columbus is right now and be WAAAAAAAAAAY behind.

I'd rather stick with the safe approach since money isn't growing on trees like it is in Toronto, Boston, NYR, Pittsburgh, and Philly.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I know this is the negativity thread, so I'm not trying to argue or change anyone's mind. But I want to ask a question: Why is the grass always greener on the other side to some of you? To take a quote from Butterfly Effect, "You can wake up a lot more f***ed up than you are now."

My point is that, with Trotz we know we can be in the hunt. With these other coaches who play a risky game, we could finish only a few points higher in the standings (because do you honestly believe that we have the talent to compete with anyone above us on the standings offensively???), but more than likely we could also be where Columbus is right now and be WAAAAAAAAAAY behind.

I'd rather stick with the safe approach since money isn't growing on trees like it is in Toronto, Boston, NYR, Pittsburgh, and Philly.

I understand where your coming from.. and felt that way for a long time and still do. but the ultimate goal is the cup .. and feel like we just hang around the middle afraid to lose our team.. I understand our budget but damn , being mediocre gets old and so does the same things from trotz and poile.. I'm not saying they suck, not one bit. just wish we didn't praise guys for doing such a great job by getting out of the first round for the first time in franchise history ..

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I've been trying to say this for years.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Too lazy and mad to type anything else. Their is a lot more on my mind but this from the GDT
I know this is an odd time to say, but idk why Trotz has Horny in the top 6. If SK was in i would have Patric on line 3, dude hasnt scored in 10 games. Not 1 point.

He doesnt generate offense, he gets pts on the pp and by being a pest in front. Hes just as useful on the 3rd line than the top 2. He should never be with Smith Wilson/Legwand Wilson.

Demote him to line 3 and keep him on PP

This team isnt magically gonna become a winning team. Were to consistent at being inconsistent and we dont have any of the true offensive players we need. Its gonna be the same **** all year until Poile decides to not be a ***** and make a change.

I truly dont see what any good people see in Klein

Klein is awful

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

Was it John Locke who said a revolution doesn't necessarily bring something better, just something different?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
We can't call this season "fail for Nail" since we won't win the lottery anyways and if we did Poile wouldn't draft him or Galchenyuk, Grigorenko either (10 reasons we wouldn't draft them 1. They score goals 2. They score goals 3. They score goals 4. They score goals 5. They score goals 6. They score goals 7. They score goals 8. They score goals 9. They are not Defensmen 10. They are Russians)

How about "we're in a hurry for Murray".

Last edited:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Time to resurect this thread. :rant::rant::rant::rant:

We are playing like we did at the beginning of the season. Crappy passing, non-existent shots on goal, lazy defense, stupid penalties, and a general absence of hockey common sense. I understand the younger players making mistakes but the vets are stinking it up too. Legwand has not earned one penny of his contract the last 6-8 games. Smithson is a waste of a roster space. Klein is still averaging his one goal a game brainfart. Spaling has fallen off the map. Hornquist gets beaten like a rented mule and no one does a damn thing about it. Etc, etc. I don't care about the "reasons" I just know that elite teams can overcome these kinds of things within a game or two. Suter and Weber's soap opera is not helping and I would love to rip both of them a new one for being such self centered ******.

If you want to be a pollyanna and say all will be well. Go somewhere else.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
"..Hornquist gets beaten like a rented mule and no one does a damn thing about it. " THIS. You go, H.D. However, I did see Fisherman give a little love tap to someone in black after this happened, so NOW the fear is league-wide, and we'll never see anything done to Horns again. Could you imagine the number of times bertuzzi would swing his stick against a PRED if someone dared to hit much less choke holmstrom???? This will only be magnified by a million when it's playoff time, and unless we get an actual team leader it will not be pretty.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I was hoping this thread would never be seen again. Oh well. Good news, every point counts come April. Bad news, pretty much everything else. I mean the offense has been there to an extent but I agree the overall sharpness and attention to detail is gone. Defensively we are having some lapses. Pekka looks to be a human again (although not everything is his fault) and I too am getting annoyed with the non-retribution given to anyone that beats on Hornqvist. Yeah Fisher did a little something but that's about it.

The only positive that can be found from this is even though we've been playing like total butt lately, we still could've easily won two of the last three in the shootouts. Signs of a good team are how they find ways to get anything no matter how they play. We did end up with a couple points despite probably deserving none, and each point matters.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Another game where we fell woefully short again. Sloppy lazy play and an inability to finish. Dats is a very special player. Why in god's name would you leave him alone? Same thing with Hossa. They burn us every friggin game. I wish we had a player of that caliber on our team. And what is it with also these crappy clears? The blues continue to win and the hawks figured out how to win again. Can you say 6th place by the end of the week?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Another game where we fell woefully short again. Sloppy lazy play and an inability to finish. Dats is a very special player. Why in god's name would you leave him alone? Same thing with Hossa. They burn us every friggin game. I wish we had a player of that caliber on our team. And what is it with also these crappy clears? The blues continue to win and the hawks figured out how to win again. Can you say 6th place by the end of the week?

The Hawks beat the Rangers (Biron, not Lundqvist) and the Jackets. In their next ten they face the Wings twice, the Blues twice, Rangers, Sens, Stars, Kings, Leafs, and Ducks. They have to get very hot to pass us in the near term and do so against quality competition.

St Louis plays 7 of their next 10 on the road with games @CHI, @NSH, @VAN, @SJ, @CGY, @WIN, & @EDM and host CHI and BOS in that span as well.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
101st, did you not see the title? :sarcasm: The team in front of Biron is the best in the east, they should not have gotten shellaced like that even with Biron in goal. I'll eat my humble pie if need be but I don't think I am too far off the mark.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
101st, did you not see the title? :sarcasm: The team in front of Biron is the best in the east, they should not have gotten shellaced like that even with Biron in goal. I'll eat my humble pie if need be but I don't think I am too far off the mark.

biron is a very adequate back up. last year had .923 sv pct and a 2.13 GAA.. this year a .913 sv pct and a 2.17 GAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad