Votes: 93 93.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Love k'Andre but man he was really bad again last night. Some great games some horrific. NO consistency, but doesn't that have something to do with WHOM his partner is? Wasn't Trouba's doing last night though. He was singularly bad, like Trouba usually is.
He's got to figure it out. It is so irritating. He has all the talent in the world. Some games he looks like a top pairing guy. Others he looks like a bottom pairing guy.

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
Great game! Great atmosphere at the Garden considering ponying up for some playoff tickets! Awesome season, whatever happens this takes me away from the doldrums of life. Really love this team. What an amazing sport!

Question: What happens if a penalty is called right at the conclusion of 3-on-3 overtime (in other words if the other team does not score in that brief 4-on-3)? Never seen it happen. Does it affect the shootout? Searched but couldn't find clear answer.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great game! Great atmosphere at the Garden considering ponying up for some playoff tickets! Awesome season, whatever happens this takes me away from the doldrums of life. Really love this team. What an amazing sport!

Question: What happens if a penalty is called right at the conclusion of 3-on-3 overtime (in other words if the other team does not score in that brief 4-on-3)? Never seen it happen. Does it affect the shootout? Searched but couldn't find clear answer.
definitely has no impact on the shootout. I am sure it's happened before.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
You mean it’s his fault that when a goal against was called his stick was held by opponent without being called a penalty?
It was his fault because it was his stupid icing that led to him getting his stick held. One of a few stupid icing by him I might add.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
This is something new.

20240414_085140.jpg

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I guess I’m the only one who thought Roslovic was decent tonight. His speed on the forecheck was noticeable

Zibs was better today. He looked like old Zibs. He drove to the net and shot on a 2 on 1…. Literally might be the first time this season

Like I said before, I hope they make some minor tweaks on the 5v5 attack. We’re too easy to contain. We need a lot more presence between the dots
Nailed it with zib. Came here to give him his flowers since I've been leading the pitchforks against him all year lol. And just for the record, it was a 3 on 1 (!!!)

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Thanks, Kova.

I can only go by what I saw - and in the whole highlights package (5min2sec) I don’t recall hearing Mika’s name. Might watch the whole game later tonight, but it won’t surprise me to see a Bread turnover or three but I’ll temper that with the fact he’s 4th OA in points and 5th OA in goals. If he can cure the brainfarts he’d be on another level entirely.

I’m hard on the team but it’s because the last cup I saw was the year I got married and it’s giving me the shits seeing us come so close every few years and throwing it away. I’ve made the pilgrimage to MSG from Oz a few times now and don’t consider myself a “plastic” fan or a fair weather supporter.

But it’s hard, man. And I ain’t getting any younger. Stuff the President’s trophy, I want Lord Stanley.
You should be watching the 8+ minute ‘condensed game’ highlights package, they show a lot more chances/saves on that one

Reactions: Row I Goon

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I liked his game last night, but Zibs should have passed the puck back early in the 3 on 1. Neither the goalie nor defender had to adjust at all, and he held the puck looking for only the cross crease pass until he had no angle left and was forced to shoot at either goalie or side of the net like he did.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I liked his game last night, but Zibs should have passed the puck back early in the 3 on 1. Neither the goalie nor defender had to adjust at all, and he held the puck looking for only the cross crease pass until he had no angle left and was forced to shoot at either goalie or side of the net like he did.
Yeah, that was a terrible decision on his part. Far too often, he passes when he should shoot. This time, he should have passed and didn't, and ended up with a lame shot that had no chance of going in.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Love k'Andre but man he was really bad again last night. Some great games some horrific. NO consistency, but doesn't that have something to do with WHOM his partner is? Wasn't Trouba's doing last night though. He was singularly bad, like Trouba usually is.

I feel like people see what they want to see.

How was he bad? Explain.

Reactions: Chytilmania

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
A lot has been written and said, the Presidents Trophy doesn't mean squat. But the last time we won this Trophy,... we hoisted the Cup.

Let's seal the deal tomorrow and have home ice advantage throughout.

I look forward to playing Detroit in the 1st round. That's who I bet we will face.

Last edited:
Reactions: KOVALEV022473

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He's got to figure it out. It is so irritating. He has all the talent in the world. Some games he looks like a top pairing guy. Others he looks like a bottom pairing guy.
I honestly dont see what other people see

He's obviously not Lidstrom or Fox. But even Fox has gaffes. He's a 23 year old with massive raw potential. He will continue to improve the more he matures. What will he look like when he's 27 years old?

Reactions: Chytilmania

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Miller just needs to make better choices with the puck and when to pinch. That should come with experience to a degree but it's an area of his game he HAS to work on if he wants to improve.

I'm not sending him or Schneider anywhere except back to practice.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I honestly dont see what other people see

He's obviously not Lidstrom or Fox. But even Fox has gaffes. He's a 23 year old with massive raw potential. He will continue to improve the more he matures. What will he look like when he's 27 years old?
he'll look like the soft, overrated player that is out of position constantly, doesn't use his shot,
gets lost in the defensive zone and beaten to pucks constantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad