Votes: 93 93.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That whole line hasn't been that effective starting with the Islanders loss. And that's the concerning thing for me come playoff time. If opponents are able to neutralize that line we need the other three to step up.
They've been getting chances but not putting the puck in the net

I just dont think the team as a whole is matching the intensity of other bubble teams right now

Reactions: Larrybiv

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
he'll look like the soft, overrated player that is out of position constantly, doesn't use his shot,
gets lost in the defensive zone and beaten to pucks constantly?
By what standard is he overrated? I don't see that.

He’s our 2nd best defenseman.

Gallant wasn’t fired because of this. He was fired because they lost the series.
The team quit on him imo

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I honestly dont see what other people see

He's obviously not Lidstrom or Fox. But even Fox has gaffes. He's a 23 year old with massive raw potential. He will continue to improve the more he matures. What will he look like when he's 27 years old?
I'm on the Miller can be a star bandwagon. But while we wait for him to mature, we do have to acknowledge that there are nights that his play is ridiculously horrendous. The game before this one was like that. Yesterday he was decent. A couple of stupid icing but not bad. I'm sure he would have less detractors on this site if he didn't throw in those "is this guy kidding me" type games.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Reactions: romba

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Gallant was a clown. He had no coaching tactics beyond “go make a play”. Panarin has thrived under system coaches his entire career. The play of Panarin and Lafreniere this year is evidence Gallant shouldn’t be hired again. He held us back.

not to mention the blowup between GG and Drury last year. Can’t wait for the book.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's got to figure it out. It is so irritating. He has all the talent in the world. Some games he looks like a top pairing guy. Others he looks like a bottom pairing guy.
He does too much on defense. He spends way too much time vacating his position to attack the puck. Way too much on one knee and on his belly looking for a block.

A guy with his reach and skating should never leave his feet. Let the play come to you and force them to have to get around you.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Those are 5v5 analytics

Not disparaging Rempe because he was good again but regardless Goodrow and Vesey played much more important minutes in any situation. All 3 had solid games

He does too much on defense. He spends way too much time vacating his position to attack the puck. Way too much on one knee and on his belly looking for a block.

A guy with his reach and skating should never leave his feet. Let the play come to you and force them to have to get around you.

Doesn’t keep his feet moving enough. He needs to understand he can beat anyone in a foot race

Reactions: Machinehead

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
From the Betcha you wouldn’t have guessed this from all the media doom and gloom department.

Guess who has more even strength goals than the analytics darlings the Carolina Hurricanes, the Florida Panthers and same amount as the Boston Bruins.

You’d never guess

The powerplay merchants can’t ever score New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad