Votes: 93 93.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
For a fan base that often bitches about needing to play 60 minutes, it’s amazing how often then don’t wait until 60 (or 65) minutes are up before deciding the results are bad.
Today I was insufferable. That's because it's the Islanders and for me, the games against that despicable organization are absolute torture. So when I post in here during these games, I need to post a disclaimer tag. I apologize.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Morning, all (Sunday down under)

Didn’t watch game as was a 230am puck drop. Haven’t read any of the threads, just watched the recap highlight package.

Our season in a nutshell - the Bread and Vinny Show and didn’t hear Mika’s name once.

At least we won….
At least you were transparent that you didn’t watch the game (Zibanejad was good, Panarin was pretty bad on the whole). Some opinions here from those who claimed that the watched the game are mind boggling.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Thank you. I think it is harder in some ways and easier in others. Being able to do it online is a saving grace. As a Global Director, I'm currently supporting three different timezones: EST, Irish Standard Time, and India Standard Time.

Between 60+ hour work weeks (often 6 days a week), two young kids, and working three different zones, I would never be able to do it if I had to go for in-person classes. Fortunately, my company is paying for about 75% of it so that is nice.
Being a former IN-PERSON adjunct, I’ll never be able to admit “remote>in-person”, but you obviously have to deal the cards you’re dealt.

But wives and kids make it exponentially harder I assume. Best wishes to you.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
My favorite Michael Mann movie
chyt.png

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
For anyone wondering about Mess’s reference to John Amirante 1994, see here

I was there. Right behind Richter’s left shoulder. I’d like to say I remember this. Nope. I do remember crying like a baby when they won. I don’t think my dad (was a Garden VP and sitting between my stepmom me) ever saw me cry since I was a child. He was way more moved with how I WAS MOVED, than with NYR finally winning that goddamn cup, lol.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I didn't get to see the game, but the replay clearly shows his stick being held terribly while he's trying to the net. Great non-call.

Also great is how we won this game taking 5 penalties to the Piles 1. Refs gonna' ref.
I’m guessing the coaching staff will tell K’Andre in future to let go of his stick and put his hands up to the ref to force the call.
Miller had no reaction.

Reactions: hardnosed

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
But we have to “apologize.”
No, but it gets tiresome when some people do nothing but complain despite our team being the favorite for the presidents trophy.

Is the team perfect? Nope. Do they have some holes? Yep.

But the constant complaining, no matter what the team does... it's absurd. If Drury goes all in, people bitch and moan that he is wasting assets. When he gets reasonable pieces like Roslovic and Wennberg, it isn't enough.

Panarin is having a career year. He has one bad game, and people are ready to chase him out of New York with pitchforks.

At some point it becomes trolling.

I just don't understand how any of you would want to play the Islanders in the opening round, it feels too personal playing against them. As a Rangers fan on Long Island I can tell you a matchup between the two would open up a portal to hell in the area.
They're not good. I have no issues playing them. The only scary part about the Islanders is that when Sorokin is on... he is as good as they come.

They had a 6-1 power play advantage, benefited from an absurdly obvious, yet somehow missed call on their second goal, and still lost.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I’m guessing the coaching staff will tell K’Andre in future to let go of his stick and put his hands up to the ref to force the call.
Miller had no reaction.

Like Zib did in that one OT game vs the Sharks where he got interfered with, lost his stick, and was putting his hand up at the refs while he left the play to go get this stick as we got tic-tac-toe scored on.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I guess I’m the only one who thought Roslovic was decent tonight. His speed on the forecheck was noticeable

Zibs was better today. He looked like old Zibs. He drove to the net and shot on a 2 on 1…. Literally might be the first time this season

Like I said before, I hope they make some minor tweaks on the 5v5 attack. We’re too easy to contain. We need a lot more presence between the dots

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I just don't understand how any of you would want to play the Islanders in the opening round, it feels too personal playing against them. As a Rangers fan on Long Island I can tell you a matchup between the two would open up a portal to hell in the area.
I agree totally.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
For the people who were on monkey stilts in the game thread, if games 79-82 are what determine if you are ready for the playoffs then why even put any stock in 1-78? Just collect points and qualify and then perform well in 79-82, am I right?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
There was zero chance of the refs puting the isles shorthanded unless it was something automatic or felonious. And even the latter isn't for sure.
I can't remember a game this year so lopsided in penalties called. Usually the refs are falling over themselves to call a penalty on the other team when one team has 2-3 more penalties. Now in game 81 they are going to change the game management mantra.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDirtyH

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
For the people who were on monkey stilts in the game thread, if games 79-82 are what determine if you are ready for the playoffs then why even put any stock in 1-78? Just collect points and qualify and then perform well in 79-82, am I right?
The point is that in this instance, the team has actual defined seeding at stake as a consequence of these outcomes, and at least in games 79 and 80 played like absolute trash. It's reflective of competitive character and seems to confirm the worst fears that the 'we don't really give a sh*t' attitude that plagued the team against the Devils last postseason has not been expunged.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
The point is that in this instance, the team has actual defined seeding at stake as a consequence of these outcomes, and at least in games 79 and 80 played like absolute trash. It's reflective of competitive character and seems to confirm the worst fears that the 'we don't really give a sh*t' attitude that plagued the team against the Devils last postseason has not been expunged.
Kane and Tarasenko have been expunged. Fear not.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
No, but it gets tiresome when some people do nothing but complain despite our team being the favorite for the presidents trophy.

Is the team perfect? Nope. Do they have some holes? Yep.

But the constant complaining, no matter what the team does... it's absurd. If Drury goes all in, people bitch and moan that he is wasting assets. When he gets reasonable pieces like Roslovic and Wennberg, it isn't enough.

Panarin is having a career year. He has one bad game, and people are ready to chase him out of New York with pitchforks.

At some point it becomes trolling.

They're not good. I have no issues playing them. The only scary part about the Islanders is that when Sorokin is on... he is as good as they come.

They had a 6-1 power play advantage, benefited from an absurdly obvious, yet somehow missed call on their second goal, and still lost.
I did not see every post, but I really didn’t see any trolling. I see legitimate concern at a team drying up at 5v5 at the wrong time and that was facing a three game losing streak before late game heroics.

There are legit concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad