OT: The Music Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The first version of Madman was recorded in studio with Mick Ronson on guitar. The guitar heavy version was not included on the album deemed as "too heavy". Gus Dudgeon the producer of Madman said it sounded like
"Led Zeppelin playing Elton John". Ronson joined up with David Bowie shortly after this and the Spiders from Mars were born. I rather like this track but then again Ronno was my guitar hero.

Very cool!

I could see this being a little too far off Elton's course in 1971. But still an excellent track.

Ronson much better suited for Ziggy.

Reactions: aguineapig

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Did you see Nessie?

Been to England twice, but that was over 45 years ago.
The first time I went (2002) we did go to Loch Ness. My Mom had always wanted to go to Scotland, so we all went (me, 2 sisters and my daughter). We went on a 10-day tour on a very small bus (held only 10). WE started in Edinburgh and traveled to the highlands. We then went up and took a Ferry over to the Orkney Islands (North). We went to Iona and flew out of Glasgow. Our driver/ tour guide was wonderful. In 10 days, we had only one hour of rain!

My daughter and I went to London (2010). we did some of the tourist stuff in London and went to Stonehenge and Bath. we took a train to Liverpool and did the Beatles self-tour which ended up at the Cavern Club where we had an ale. From London we took the train through northern England (Lakes region) to Edinburgh (we never really got a chance to explore the city on our first trip). We went to St Andrews and the Rosslyn Chapel. We flew back to London and went to see "Wicked" before we flew home.

I have always wanted to go to Wales and Ireland

My daughter loved the highland cows and wanted to bring one home.

1656512399445.png

Last edited:

aguineapig

Son of Scotland, Jimmy McCulloch recorded this with his first band at the age of 14.

At 16 had a Number 1 with this band

Joined this Scottish band after Les Harvey the bands guitar player was tragically killed when his equipment malfunctioned on stage.

With Sir Paul and the Wings

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Here's a few more Jocks for your consideration....

Born in Glasgow, but raised a Geordie...This song is played at the beginning of every Newcastle United home match at St James' Park.

Formed in Australia, but Malcolm, Angus and Bon Scott are all from Scotland. Plus, this song rocks.....

The pride of Dunfermline..

aguineapig

In the 60's Diana Ross and the Supremes ruled. In the 2020 it's Clarence and the Supremes turn.
"Smog will get you pretty soon"

At me and Tommy's age now draggin' a lot more than just the line

'There just ain't no place else left for me to go"

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
The first version of Madman was recorded in studio with Mick Ronson on guitar. The guitar heavy version was not included on the album deemed as "too heavy". Gus Dudgeon the producer of Madman said it sounded like
"Led Zeppelin playing Elton John". Ronson joined up with David Bowie shortly after this and the Spiders from Mars were born. I rather like this track but then again Ronno was my guitar hero.

Awesome version of a great song!

Another fantastic Ronson tune......

....which first appeared on this 1972 country rock album that Ronson arranged and played guitar on

and said album also included this little gem wrapped around a hauntingly beautiful intro and outro

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Awesome version of a great song!

Another fantastic Ronson tune......

....which first appeared on this 1972 country rock album that Ronson arranged and played guitar on

and said album also included this little gem wrapped around a hauntingly beautiful intro and outro

I always liked those two by Pure Prairie League Great Tunes

Reactions: Agent86

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Alice Cooper has grown on me as time has gone on and I'm glad he has. So much good stuff in his library of music.

Also KISS in the 80s, even through the line up turmoil, was better than in the 70s. Animalize is proof of this.

Reactions: aguineapig

aguineapig

New England

Alice Cooper has grown on me as time has gone on and I'm glad he has. So much good stuff in his library of music.

A friend had a ticket to Alice back in the 70's and asked if i'd go. Wasn't much into the Coop but it was free. I was blown away by the guitarist and found out he was a studio guitar legend starting out with Mitch Ryder

Lou Reed liked Detroit's cover of "Rock n Roll' so he took him as his guitar player for Rock and Roll Animal

And he played the opening intro on the studio version for this Boston band

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
breaking from WJBK Fox 2 Detroit:

Carlos Santana suffers medical emergency/collapses during performance;

MEDICAL EMERGENCY LATER TBD as Heat Exhaustion

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
breaking from WJBK Fox 2 Detroit:

Carlos Santana suffers medical emergency/collapses during performance;

MEDICAL EMERGENCY LATER TBD as Heat Exhaustion
Carlos is excellent. My first concert ever was Santana (with Linda Ronstadt opening) at the old Boston Garden.

Sounds like he is OK...Thankfully

and one older one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad