OT: The Music Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Oh yeah, nothing wrong about that. I like Collins as well. Saw her at Newport Folk Festival probably like 15 years ago. It was great
She was touring with Stephen Stills a couple of years ago. I wanted to see that but did not. I love Stills. I wish he hadn't lost most of his hearing.

Last edited:

aguineapig

Joni signs a John Phillips song before she was Mitchell. The guy next to her raises an eyebrow when she sings the line " It being summer took of my shoes, And tried to wash off some of that dust and dirt" The original line was 'took off my shirt" but Joni didn't go there. Picks a guitar as good as anyone.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Going to see Elton John tomorrow in Swansea, Wales. One of the last great legends of music. I cannot wait.
WOW. I have always wanted to go to Wales. Have a blast!

I like many of his songs. This one is special as my daughter danced (mostly ballet) for years

1656437785988.png

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
WOW. I have always wanted to go to Wales. Have a blast!

I like many of his songs. This one is special as my daughter danced (mostly ballet) for years

My fiancée is Welsh (born/raised). We met while she was in the States. It’s a beautiful country! A bit rainy but I’ve loved it. First of many visits. I highly recommend. It’s my first UK trip. We did London before for a couple days. It was amazing seeing Big Ben up close! We did the tourist stuff so I saw Buckingham Palace, The Tower Bridge, etc etc.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My fiancée is Welsh (born/raised). We met while she was in the States. It’s a beautiful country! A bit rainy but I’ve loved it. First of many visits. I highly recommend. It’s my first UK trip. We did London before for a couple days. It was amazing seeing Big Ben up close! We did the tourist stuff so I saw Buckingham Palace, The Tower Bridge, etc etc.
I have been to Scotland twice. England once.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

aguineapig

The first version of Madman was recorded in studio with Mick Ronson on guitar. The guitar heavy version was not included on the album deemed as "too heavy". Gus Dudgeon the producer of Madman said it sounded like
"Led Zeppelin playing Elton John". Ronson joined up with David Bowie shortly after this and the Spiders from Mars were born. I rather like this track but then again Ronno was my guitar hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad