OT: The Music Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Apple's 80's Soft Rock Essentials is surprisingly good. Have enjoyed it with a glass of wine to wind down from a crazy week.

Reactions: aguineapig

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Heading down to my place on the Florida Gulf Coast tomorrow morning early. These songs always make the play list as I work my way down I-65....

Indiana (I hate this state and this song sums up my feelings perfectly)

Kentucky (My son just moved to Lexington. A really great little city)

Tennessee (This is where I plan to live out the rest of my days. I love this state)
Bob Wier's shorts are a little snug though.....

Alabama (Not going with the obvious one here....this is such a wonderful song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszQRUbpbsE

Florida (The only state in the union where the further north you go, the more southern it gets)
Southern Rock at its finest.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTR13MV4fqc

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Heading down to my place on the Florida Gulf Coast tomorrow morning early. These songs always make the play list as I work my way down I-65....

Indiana (I hate this state and this song sums up my feelings perfectly)

Kentucky (My son just moved to Lexington. A really great little city)

Tennessee (This is where I plan to live out the rest of my days. I love this state)
Bob Wier's shorts are a little snug though.....

Alabama (Not going with the obvious one here....this is such a wonderful song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gszQRUbpbsE

Florida (The only state in the union where the further north you go, the more southern it gets)
Southern Rock at its finest.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTR13MV4fqc

Close enough to Indiana (or Desolation Row)

https://youtu.be/cQuXuHBneOw

Reactions: RoccoF14

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
My Brother-in-Law (Bob L.) played with Neil Peart in his last band before Neil auditioning for Rush in 1974 and got the job. Ironically the band was called 'Hush'. Before that a young Neil at age 17 about to turn 18 recorded this demo with the band called 'JR Flood'. Bob's brother (Gary L) sang on the demo. I meet Neil a few times but I was just a kid mainly into hockey. In between the 2 bands Neil went to England to try out for Genesis. He ended up working in a bookstore and read a lot.
Hush circa 1974 (St. Catharines/Thorold band)
- Gary Luciani –singer
- Neil Peart – drums
- Bob Luciani – bass
- Brian Collins – guitar
- Paul Lauzon –guitar
JR Flood circa 1970 (St. Catharines/Niagara Falls band)
- Paul Dickinson – guitar
- Bob Morrison “Bear”- keyboards
- Neil Peart in 1970 - drums
- Wally Tomczuk – bass
- Gary Luciani - singer
The demo tapes surfaced on you tube. Very distinct Neil sound, even at a young age. The music scene in the Niagara Region at that time was very good. The demo has a bit of Allman Brothers/Yes/Santana feel to it - or the usual prog/rock 1970 sound

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
My Brother-in-Law (Bob L.) played with Neil Peart in his last band before Neil auditioning for Rush in 1974 and got the job. Ironically the band was called 'Hush'. Before that a young Neil at age 17 about to turn 18 recorded this demo with the band called 'JR Flood'. Bob's brother (Gary L) sang on the demo. I meet Neil a few times but I was just a kid mainly into hockey. In between the 2 bands Neil went to England to try out for Genesis. He ended up working in a bookstore and read a lot.
Hush circa 1974 (St. Catharines/Thorold band)
- Gary Luciani –singer
- Neil Peart – drums
- Bob Luciani – bass
- Brian Collins – guitar
- Paul Lauzon –guitar
JR Flood circa 1970 (St. Catharines/Niagara Falls band)
- Paul Dickinson – guitar
- Bob Morrison “Bear”- keyboards
- Neil Peart in 1970 - drums
- Wally Tomczuk – bass
- Gary Luciani - singer
The demo tapes surfaced on you tube. Very distinct Neil sound, even at a young age. The music scene in the Niagara Region at that time was very good. The demo has a bit of Allman Brothers/Yes/Santana feel to it - or the usual prog/rock 1970 sound

Mick are you from the Niagara area? I met a few of the band members hanging at the Duck and Donnellys.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Mick are you from the Niagara area? I met a few of the band members hanging at the Duck and Donnellys.
Yes, Brian Collins used to be a reporter for the Standard. My Brother-in-Law ended up being a mailman.
This is a 4 part you tube series of the bands of that era in Niagara. Shame none made it real big, the talent was there. Here is the 1st episode, it should lead to the other 3. They are about 15 minutes for each one.

aguineapig

Dylan playing in the Hard Rain with Mick Ronson. Wonder if Ronno gave him tips on cosmetics from his Ziggy Spider days?

Bowie and Ronson co-produced Transformer. Ronson arranged and played piano and recorder on Satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad