The Most "Meh" Hockey Player 2017 edition

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
He's better than most in this thread by a pretty large margin, but the first name that always pops into my mind when it comes to this is Marcus Johansson.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Nate Prosser. He plays solid but not great defense, does very little offensively, fist fights and rarely wins, but also rarely loses. He throws that body a lot; not overly effectively, but it adds to the "team toughness" and the other players seem to like it. And he looks like Sean William Scott...'s 40 year old brother.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Lee Stempniak would get my vote.

Just an average player most of his career. Every year at the TDL he gets traded to play on the wing in a teams middle six, and all I can say is....meh

I feel most of the players getting listed are below average players. I guess you could argue that they are definitely meh players, however I was trying to think of someone more relevant who has been around the league for a while.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
There's one thing Im curious- I watched maybe a few games of Chris Higgins in my lifetime, and I never paid much attention to him, but I've seen that HFB meme about Higgins being "most avarage player", and my question is- if he was, indeed, most avarage player, why he is out of league at just 33 years old ??? Avarage means that if we'd rank all players in the league from best to worst (or from worst to best), he'd be somewhere in the middle, not out of league... Same thing goes with some of responses in this thread... Here we have bottom pair defensemen, 4th line forwards, or "nearly whole roster" of a lottery team... These guys should be closer to bottom, not "avarage"...

To me and most, average in this sense means average at all aspects of the game, where they aren't above average at really any single aspect of the game.

A lot of fourth liners are noticeable for their hitting.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I vote for Flynn too. Not good at anything but not horrible anywhere.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Mr. Meh himself

desjardins_060215_672.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad