The Most "Meh" Hockey Player 2017 edition

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Carl Gunnarsson is a solid one. You can watch many Blues games and not realize he played. A lot of times that's a good thing for a d-man, and he's considered a #4 or something like that, but... I can't think of a single thing he's really known for being good at. Doesn't create any offense, not physical, can't score, not a great outlet passer, not dominant defensively.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Other than Semin, and Mike Green towards the end, I can't think of a more polarizing figure on the Caps in the Ovechkin era. I couldn't stand having him on the team. My condolences.

I have no issues with Troy, whatsoever.
Has come exactly as advertised; scoring on the PP; more or less 0.5 PPG player. Still hasn't had any kind of hot run with the team. Hasn't hurt the team either. He's been playing well as of late with Versteeg and Monahan.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
You could in theory dig up all their data on pts, CF, etc. and find out who has the most average stats. Although somebody could be streaky and average out so maybe not lol. I always thought MAF was an average goalie...but he'd have some really bad stretches (and a few good ones I guess).

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Riley Sheahan.

Which is a shame because he used to look like a very solid 30-40 point #3C. Now he has zero goals and you need to really look for him to even notice him most games.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Who is the one player or players that when you watch them you're just kinda indifferent to it all. Since the GOAT Chris Higgins is currently not in the NHL who will retake his throne for most average NHL player. I'd like to nominate Tom Pyatt and Jacob Josefson

inspired by http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1932383

There's one thing Im curious- I watched maybe a few games of Chris Higgins in my lifetime, and I never paid much attention to him, but I've seen that HFB meme about Higgins being "most avarage player", and my question is- if he was, indeed, most avarage player, why he is out of league at just 33 years old ??? Avarage means that if we'd rank all players in the league from best to worst (or from worst to best), he'd be somewhere in the middle, not out of league... Same thing goes with some of responses in this thread... Here we have bottom pair defensemen, 4th line forwards, or "nearly whole roster" of a lottery team... These guys should be closer to bottom, not "avarage"...

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Matt Read.

Even his name is meh.

I counter with Dale Weise. If it wasn't for announcers mention his name once in a blue moon, I wouldn't even know he is on a team. League wide I'll probably nominate Lee Stempniak. To this day I don't even know what he looks like and other than him having decentish numbers on couple of teams I don't really know much more about the guy.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Carl Gunnarsson is a solid one. You can watch many Blues games and not realize he played. A lot of times that's a good thing for a d-man, and he's considered a #4 or something like that, but... I can't think of a single thing he's really known for being good at. Doesn't create any offense, not physical, can't score, not a great outlet passer, not dominant defensively.

Yeah he's good defensively, decent outlet passer, not good offensively, mep physically, etc. He outperformed Bouwmeester last year though.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Brandon Sutter. He's a forward who can play almost 20 minutes a night and just be meh. Not that noticeable, won't make egregious mistakes or have a shift where he really stands outs offensively unless he scores.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad