Recalled/Assigned: The Morin Rockford Shuttle Tracker (Down - 11/26)

Nothingman*

Let me get my Pom poms out no matter who or what the Hawks do I guess.

What sports radio, tv, etc. do is discuss the game, game decisions, etc. also.....that is what message board people do. Some people are a little goofier but for ****s sake....in what group of people are there NOT some goofy ****s. And.....they keep me entertained :)

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Hey, it would be boring if all were negative or positive. The extreme stuff is a bit much at times, but I guess you can say the debates in here are the definition of "spirited".

SLarmer28*

Why do you even watch the Hawks? You seem so frustrated, so upset at everything and never hear anything you are pleased with in spite of the teams success record wise and being defending champions. If something brought me that much grief I would probably not bother anymore. Are you happy with anything? Do you see any positives in the coach? You go out of your way to find negative stats, even the smallest.
I'd rather be a hockey fan that questions roster decisions, personnel decisions, coaching strategies than bury my head in the sand.

If everything is fine with the Chicago Blackhawks, why do you even bother posting on a hockey message board?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I'd rather be a hockey fan that questions roster decisions, personnel decisions, coaching strategies than bury my head in the sand.

If everything is fine with the Chicago Blackhawks, why do you even bother posting on a hockey message board?

From your response I guess that means no, you see no positives in anything. I ask again, do you have anything positive to say about this defending cup champion 17-4-4 team?

I do question what going on with the team all of the time, just with the perspective on how successful we are and not with hatred. I just don't know why you are so angry. I said I don't like Zus on the second line, I don't like Bollig, I don't like Crow playing so much. I don't know Q's thinking, but until we start losing I can't call him an idiot.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
tbh, I don't find the board very negative. The debates about "problems" or "negatives" or whatever you want to call them about the team tend to persist just because they create traction for discussion (or, lol, argument).

I mean we could start a "Jonathan Toews appreciation" thread - there wouldn't be much discussion just b/c he's such a good player...although ha ha ha we'd probably start to argue about whether he's better than Stamkos or whoever pretty quickly :laugh:

Also, I can't speak for everyone but one reason I get frustrated with Q is because I feel that the time to be a bit more experimental and test the upside of players like Morin and Pirri is right now. The time to try to figure out what works and what doesn't work line wise is right now.

I'd rather figure out how good Morin can be for us, whether Bollig is really necessary, where Handzus fits, etc at this point of the season rather the Q being pig headed and running into the problems in March.

Also, to me it's only natural that people (at least some of us - myself included) want to see how our prospects are shaping up/how they fit...rather than seeing Handzus stinking up the joint.

Next year will be interesting with the arrival of Teuvo...I predict angry disagreement over whether he should be in the NHL or AHL. :laugh:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
just for all the stuff about Q here:

- Q wants to win now and playing vets over rookies may help win now. There is more than the on ice product players deliever
- Q already plays 2 rookies and has a rookie backup goalie
- Babcock does the same with the Wings
- Q is known for spreading the scoring out. He likes to have 4 balanced lines. Maybe it should be seen as some kind of honor for Pirri that Q thinks he is good enough without Kane and is able to carry a line (at least for 50%)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad