Recalled/Assigned: The Morin Rockford Shuttle Tracker (Down - 11/26)

SLarmer28*

And what makes you so sure playing the lines your way wouldn't cost us a playoff spot? Where is your evidence that what you want to see happen will work better? And this is not an arguement for what Q is doing, I would rather he go a different way with the Zus/Pirri thing. I still doubt that will last.
If Sheldon Brookbank is a better right winger than Jeremy Morin, then why hasn't Jeremy Morin been traded and Brookbank slotted a regular slot on one of the forward lines?

As for Michal Handzus, I did not realize Handzus represented the future of the Chicago Blackhawks organization.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Shaky defense no .... Shaky goaltending yes.

You forgot about the worst backup goaltender in the NHL .... Khabibulin.

PK is horrible. 24 games into the 2013-14 NHL Season and the Chicago Blackhawks coaching brain trust still can't figure it out: Quenneville, Kitchen, Kompon.

Shaky defense absolutely. They've been giving up a lot more high-quality chances this year.

SLarmer28*

And last season that didn't make a difference in the playoffs. Neither in format or results.
Last season the Chicago Blackhawks started the 2012-13 NHL Season 21-0-3.

Shaky defense absolutely. They've been giving up a lot more high-quality chances this year.
Corey Crawford was just signed to a 6 years/$36 million contract. Crawford better start stopping more high-quality chances.

The Chicago Blackhawks as a team are ranked eighth in shots allowed per game:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...&sort=avgShotsAgainstPerGame&viewName=summary

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Corey Crawford was just signed to a 6 years/$36 million contract. Crawford better start stopping more high-quality chances.

His numbers have dropped precipitously only in recent games. Before that he was well above 0.920 and had a good GAA.
His play has been worse because he's fatigued. Doesn't take a trained eye to see it.

He'll be fine with rest - even behind the unimpressive defensive play, Crawford was great until he started to wear down from playing nearly every game. Hopefully Raanta can get going and the Hawks will have a backup again.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC

So what? They were on top of the league then and they're on top of the league now.

It's not even December yet. There's still so much hockey left to play that it's useless to try and say anything about the rest of the season based on such a tiny sample size.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Shaky defense no .... Shaky goaltending yes.

You forgot about the worst backup goaltender in the NHL .... Khabibulin.

PK is horrible. 24 games into the 2013-14 NHL Season and the Chicago Blackhawks coaching brain trust still can't figure it out: Quenneville, Kitchen, Kompon.

How can you blame the goaltending then blame the coaches on the pk?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Yeah, unlike this current scrub team that only got off to the third best start through twenty games in franchise history, at least if that graphic from one of the recent games was accurate.

SLarmer28*

His play has been worse because he's fatigued. Doesn't take a trained eye to see it.
That a bunch of bull crap.

Corey Crawford did not look fatigued in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals after playing 22 straight playoff games.

How can you blame the goaltending then blame the coaches on the pk?
You can blame both; one is not exclusive of the others.

SLarmer28*

So what? They were on top of the league then and they're on top of the league now.
Which team currently has the highest winning percentage?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20142ALLSAAALL&sort=pointPctg&viewName=summary

That doesn't really have anything to do with quality of shots...and they were ranked 1st last year...so his/her point that they're worse is correct.
How does Sheldon Brookbank playing right wing resolve the supposed "shot quality woes"?

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
You can blame both; one is not exclusive of the others.

You literally just said they didn't have shaky defense, they had shaky goaltending. Then you used shot totals as the stat to support your argument. The Blackhawks are 12th in SH shot prevention in the league. By your logic their last ranked goaltending should be better. But somehow, the PK is the coaches fault? You're arguing two different ways of thinking

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
If Sheldon Brookbank is a better right winger than Jeremy Morin, then why hasn't Jeremy Morin been traded and Brookbank slotted a regular slot on one of the forward lines?

As for Michal Handzus, I did not realize Handzus represented the future of the Chicago Blackhawks organization.

Still no evidence, only your opinion against Q's. He will go into a court of law and present his record as evidence and you will present your opinions and guess what, he will win!

And again, this is in no way me supporting his decision to play Zus over Pirri on the sceond line for tonights game. I don't want that, no way no how. It is just me not getting worked up about it because we are winning and playing very well at the moment.

SLarmer28*

Again, so what? It's not even December.

So it's fine for a message board moderator to post misleading information?

You literally just said they didn't have shaky defense, they had shaky goaltending. Then you used shot totals as the stat to support your argument. The Blackhawks are 12th in SH shot prevention in the league. By your logic their last ranked goaltending should be better. But somehow, the PK is the coaches fault? You're arguing two different ways of thinking

Shaky defense can refer to 5 on 5 defense, depending on one's interpretation.

Penalty killing is special teams.

Still no evidence, only your opinion against Q's. He will go into a court of law and present his record as evidence and you will present your opinions and guess what, he will win!

And again, this is in no way me supporting his decision to play Zus over Pirri on the sceond line for tonights game. I don't want that, no way no how. It is just me not getting worked up about it because we are winning and playing very well at the moment.

A 33 year old defenseman masquerading as a right winger is the future of the Chicago Blackhawks organization while a 36 year old center recovering from wrist, knee surgeries is the future of the Chicago Blackhawks organization?

Was this your position in defense of a 38 year old Andrew Brunette and a 40 year old Sean O'Donnell?

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Shaky defense can refer to 5 on 5 defense, depending on one's interpretation.

Penalty killing is special teams.

But you used shot prevention as a way of saying the defense was doing well. How does that not apply similarly to special teams?

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
That a bunch of bull crap.

Corey Crawford did not look fatigued in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals after playing 22 straight playoff games.

Different animal completely. Hawks never had a back-to-back or a 3-in-4 set during the playoffs.

Do you understand how physically taxing it is to play even a single NHL game as a butterfly goaltender? Doing it on consecutive nights (or in 3 games in 4 nights, which always contains a b2b) multiplies matters.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Different animal completely. Hawks never had a back-to-back or a 3-in-4 set during the playoffs.

Do you understand how physically taxing it is to play even a single NHL game as a butterfly goaltender? Doing it on consecutive nights (or in 3 games in 4 nights, which always contains a b2b) multiplies matters.

I think it's also worth noting that even if it was the same animal, just because something has been done before doesn't necessarily mean it can/should be done again.

SLarmer28*

But you used shot prevention as a way of saying the defense was doing well. How does that not apply similarly to special teams?
Chicago Blackhawks are currently ranked eighth in shots allowed per game.

Chicago Blackhawks should be ranked no worse than 8th in goals against per game not 19th as of today.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...=avgGoalsAgainstPerGame&viewName=goalsAgainst

As for penalties taken by the Chicago Blackhawks .....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...AAll&sort=timesShort&viewName=penaltyKillTime

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Chicago Blackhawks are currently ranked eighth in shots allowed per game.

Chicago Blackhawks should be ranked no worse than 8th in goals against per game not 19th as of today.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...=avgGoalsAgainstPerGame&viewName=goalsAgainst

As for penalties taken by the Chicago Blackhawks .....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...AAll&sort=timesShort&viewName=penaltyKillTime

The Blackhawks have allowed the 3rd least shots in the league when shorthanded, doesn't that mean they should be ranked no lower than third? How is it the coaches fault?

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
So it's fine for a message board moderator to post misleading information?

1. Information isn't misleading just because it doesn't back you up.

2. Everyone's here to talk Hawks, mods included.

3. Yes, the Hawks are 4th in point percentage. For the third time, so what? It's not even December yet.

SLarmer28*

The Blackhawks have allowed the 3rd least shots in the league when shorthanded, doesn't that mean they should be ranked no lower than third? How is it the coaches fault?
So is Corey Crawford's success last season the result of goaltending coach Stephane Waite's influence? Why has Khabibulin look worse than an ECHL goaltender this season?

Does Coach Quenneville have any influence on who is hired on his coaching staff?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
So is Corey Crawford's success last season the result of goaltending coach Stephane Waite's influence? Why has Khabibulin look worse than an ECHL goaltender this season?

Does Coach Quenneville have any influence on who is hired on his coaching staff?

Why do you even watch the Hawks? You seem so frustrated, so upset at everything and never hear anything you are pleased with in spite of the teams success record wise and being defending champions. If something brought me that much grief I would probably not bother anymore. Are you happy with anything? Do you see any positives in the coach? You go out of your way to find negative stats, even the smallest.

No23

May 16, 2013
I'll once again say that I've never seen anything like this board in my internet message board career.

When I read other teams's boards, like let's say Vancuver Canucks I can sense the exact misery and open unhappiness and that's telling.

And before usual suspects chime in and address that people are just discussing in civilized manner and that nobody is whining I'll just say that I've seen posts in this very thread calling coach Q an idiot and posts questioning whether the Blackhawks will make the playoffs. The tone and lack of perspective in such post is shocking given how awesome and great the team you support actually is.

Now carry on with your ''discussion'' and ''arguments''.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I'll once again say that I've never seen anything like this board in my internet message board career.

When I read other teams's boards, like let's say Vancuver Canucks I can sense the exact misery and open unhappiness and that's telling.

And before usual suspects chime in and address that people are just discussing in civilized manner and that nobody is whining I'll just say that I've seen posts in this very thread calling coach Q an idiot and posts questioning whether the Blackhawks will make the playoffs. The tone and lack of perspective in such post is shocking given how awesome and great the team you support actually is.

Now carry on with your ''discussion'' and ''arguments''.

It's only one or two people who are on the extreme end of the spectrum in the negative direction. Relax.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad