Pre-Game Talk: The more things change the more they stay the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Merely a Pre Game Thread. However I have some ideas for a GDT but then I cant photoshop.

I hope Western Themed Pre Game threads are banned because they are now 0-3....right @Cloned

I was gonna make a Pam themed GDT and put Pam in a cowboy hat, but I guess that's out of the question now.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Didn’t Nuge and McDavid each play north of 25 minutes last game and both didn’t register a shot? Clearly working there Tippett.
Nuge played over 28 minutes, the second-most of his entire career. (His most-ever was the third game Dallas Eakins coached, when Nuge was -2 and played 28:12.) So... Nuge and McDavid played 24-28 minutes and produced... zero shots on goal. Don't worry, though, that noted sniper Puljujarvi had one shot!

Ya think maybe something's wrong when, in a must-win game, the two best forwards on the (supposedly) top line, one of whom is probably the best player on earth, produce one shot with huge ice time?

"Hell, no! The best line combinations are the ones that don't work!"
267x367

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Did something happen to Turris where if he was on your team you wouldn’t put him in the top 6?

like did break his back or something? Is there something I need to know? Because that guy has a top 6 skill set... he’s not a grinder meant to play with grinders like that’s not what he does. He’s being misused...

We didn't have Gagner in topsix except for rare shifts or occasionally overlapping shifts. Better, more productive player than Turris.

Almost everybody here figured Gagner was a scrub. Now we have a player with lower production we want to forcefeed in topsix. Gee lets put him on the first PP like Toby Letestu..

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Did something happen to Turris where if he was on your team you wouldn’t put him in the top 6?

like did break his back or something? Is there something I need to know? Because that guy has a top 6 skill set... he’s not a grinder meant to play with grinders like that’s not what he does. He’s being misused...

Third lines aren't just grinders on good teams. Third lines are where good teams get their depth scoring from. Turris has had Puljujarvi or Kassian on his right wing all season. They aren't just grinders.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Kahun somehow has lower Points/60 5v5 than 4K and Larsson while playing with Drai. What's up with these guys that come here to play with their buddy Drai? Jinxing themselves into oblivion. I like his odds to score 0 goals this year like that last one :)

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I can’t wait for darts to start back up with the fans again. Baseball sucks now, Packers and Oilers can’t win, and I refuse to watch soccer. Basketball is being ruined with these “super teams”. Any other sports someone can come up with we can watch?
The Lingerie Football League always got my attention :laugh:

Reactions: brentashton

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kahun somehow has lower Points/60 5v5 than 4K and Larsson while playing with Drai. What's up with these guys that come here to play with their buddy Drai? Jinxing themselves into oblivion. I like his odds to score 0 goals this year like that last one :)
Yeh, were so stoked when we signed Kahun to bargain basement money.
Expected much more from him.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
You're welcome Oilers for the $200 I spent on a reverse retro jersey that I am now too embarrassed to wear :laugh:

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
So why can’t we bring McLeod up and see if hes ready for a bottom 6 role? It can’t possibly get worse.

Turris Mcdavid JP
RNH Drai Yam
Kahun McLeod Neal
Archi Shore Kassian/Nygard/Russell

Gets Turris into a role where he might perform with less responsibility, gives McLeod a good mix of a vet who can cycle, and a winger who’s defensively responsible enough to help out and can skate, and the fourth line with Kassian and Archi together might actually generate some energy.

or swap Kahun and RNH and let RNH play C on the third with McLeod on the wing to help him along

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
They should just scrap the coach and have verified fans decide on the nightly line-ups. Put a couple cheer leaders on the bench in place of Dave and his favourite assistant coach

Reactions: McBeastMode

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Maybe Oilers leaders should call for a players only meeting to get shit back on the road like the flames. If I see 1 more pathetic effort, I am pretty much done watching them this season and its a write off.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Third lines aren't just grinders on good teams. Third lines are where good teams get their depth scoring from. Turris has had Puljujarvi or Kassian on his right wing all season. They aren't just grinders.

I guess our opinions on Kassian are different.. he’s a grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad