News Article: The Minnesota Wild will host the 2022 Winter Classic at Target Field against the St. Louis Blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

upload_2021-8-31_10-50-36.jpeg

:laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Love it. I'm glad they didn't go for a North Stars tribute.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Is the goal for every Winter Classic to out-ugly the previous Winter Classic jerseys? If so, they have succeeded

Reactions: MK9

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Love it. I'm glad they didn't go for a North Stars tribute.
If by that you mean the Reverse Retros that you have in your Avatar, I love them, too. Nice to do something different this year, though.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I’m guessing this will further confuse non-Minnesota fans who don’t understand the Wild play in St. Paul. :laugh:

Interesting tid-bits:

The Minnesota Wild 2022 NHL Winter Classic jersey is designed to celebrate the state's rich hockey pedigree, the rivalry of the Twin Cities and its legacy as the State of Hockey:
  • Elements from famed Minneapolis and St. Paul hockey squads were combined into one uniform. The base jersey design unites the St. Paul Saints look from the 1930s with the traditional Minnesota Wild color palette. The lettering, numbers, and other design elements on the jersey all come from those early hockey clubs that helped make Minnesota the 'State of Hockey.'
  • The two stars in the crest are a reference to Gemini, the twins constellation. They represent the two cities - St. Paul and Minneapolis. The state shape between them symbolizes how the cities come together to represent the capital of Minnesota. Both city's names are arched around these symbolic marks further emphasizing how they unite to rally around the sport of hockey and their team.
  • Hockey's origins on ponds are reflected in the vintage white in the jersey.Canvas brown colored elbow patches represent long hours of wear and tear on beloved hockey gear.
  • Heritage embellishments like felt are used on the cresting, name and numbers. A special narrowed and shaped yoke was developed to nail a 1930s and 1940s hockey aesthetic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad