News Article: The Minnesota Wild will host the 2022 Winter Classic at Target Field against the St. Louis Blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Winter classic sweaters^

The breezers sound interesting for sure, have to wait to actually see the jerseys but the Christmas combo just doesn’t do it for me even though it fits the season for the event.

Would consider picking up a Boldy or Rossi one if they really catch my eye, but I am extremely pleased with my reverse retro and would likely favor that.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
The breezers sound interesting for sure, have to wait to actually see the jerseys but the Christmas combo just doesn’t do it for me even though it fits the season for the event.

Would consider picking up a Boldy or Rossi one if they really catch my eye, but I am extremely pleased with my reverse retro and would likely favor that.
Reverse retros are SO last year ;)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Between the pandemic still hanging around and their top selling point (Kaprizov) a big question mark, I have to really question how easy it will be for them to fill the place. I just feel like this is a bad year for the game here.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would bet money on the game selling out quickly. Most of the people still on a budget from layoffs and cut hours probably weren't going to be going to this game anyway.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I meant a lot of people are most likely still on a tight budget after all the layoffs and/or cut hours.
Plenty of people are making more money than they were at work, and plenty of jobs available. I don't think there has been a downturn in attendance in any league since the restrictions eased. I still think there will be a good draw.. I got my tickets yesterday, and my boss had a short window today. The whole lower bowl was sold out and much of the upper sections. I feel like a lot of these seats will go corporate too.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Plenty of people are making more money than they were at work, and plenty of jobs available. I don't think there has been a downturn in attendance in any league since the restrictions eased. I still think there will be a good draw.. I got my tickets yesterday, and my boss had a short window today. The whole lower bowl was sold out and much of the upper sections. I feel like a lot of these seats will go corporate too.
Oh absolutely. Just like the All-Star games.

mnwildfan79

Jun 15, 2008
At the prices they are trying to charge I would be very surprised to see this thing sold out quickly. They may eventually fill the thing but it will be due to reduced pricing or special deals just to fill the seats for TV.

At the end of the day an outdoor hockey game is just a novelty, most of the site lines are going to be absolute garbage. Sure there will be a market of diehards that can't miss a special event but beyond that dropping 250-400 a seat is going to be a tough sale. Technically they have 110 dollar tickets in the nosebleeds but that sounds even worse to me.

I was in the first pre-sale group the other day and a ton of tickets were already marked unavailable. I doubt that means they are already sold, they probably only blocked off certain sections for the pre-sale.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Personally, I'm getting bored with these outdoors games. The "neat" factor wore off after the first few outdoor games, now they are just a big yawner. The quality of play and television sight lines aren't as good as when played indoors.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Personally, I'm getting bored with these outdoors games. The "neat" factor wore off after the first few outdoor games, now they are just a big yawner. The quality of play and television sight lines aren't as good as when played indoors.

They're not really meant for the people watching them on TV, they're meant for the fans that go to them in person.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
LaPanta noted in the recent podcast that they will reveal the jerseys on the second Saturday of the State Fair.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Between the pandemic still hanging around and their top selling point (Kaprizov) a big question mark, I have to really question how easy it will be for them to fill the place. I just feel like this is a bad year for the game here.

We've been offered another round of 4 tickets and the team is also offering preseason and opening night tickets as well. This hasn't happened in many a year, and never happened with the Stadium Series, so I definitely think they are having issues moving tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad