The Menu Part 9 The Nick Foles ThankYou Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That’s a good point. I’ve been using the same one every time but I should try others to see if there’s one that’s a better fit to be a full layer across the whole pizza.

What you should do next time on your chicken pizza is try wing sauce and ranch dressing in perpendicular diagonal drizzles. Not even joking, that would be delicious. If you are an enemy of ranch, or want to puke, you could substitute bleu cheese instead.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They are so dumb.
giphy.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What you should do next time on your chicken pizza is try wing sauce and ranch dressing in perpendicular diagonal drizzles. Not even joking, that would be delicious. If you are an enemy of ranch, or want to puke, you could substitute bleu cheese instead.
Hold up... is your problem with chicken on pizza because you don't like how it tastes or because you just love chickens?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hold up... is your problem with chicken on pizza because you don't like how it tastes or because you just love chickens?
Suggesting wing sauce and ranch seems to imply that he very much so enjoys chicken on his pizza. That sounds delicious.

city view pizza near temple on Cecil b Moore (street?) has an awesome bbq chicken pizza. They also have a just ok buffalo chicken pizza. But by the slice not the pie. The slices are crispier and huge.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Suggesting wing sauce and ranch seems to imply that he very much so enjoys chicken on his pizza. That sounds delicious.

city view pizza near temple on Cecil b Moore (street?) has an awesome bbq chicken pizza. They also have a just ok buffalo chicken pizza. But by the slice not the pie. The slices are crispier and huge.
That's true but I know a friend of a friend who loves all kinds of food but became vegetarian out of guilt and love of animals. They talk about great food combinations that they personally wouldn't eat themselves, so I didn't know if this was a similar situation to that.

I know Cap has a deep love of chickens too, so it would fit.

Plus, earlier he said:

Very nice. I don't like chicken on pizza, but it looks good. Extra kudos for skipping mushrooms, which are ****ing disgusting.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
That's true but I know a friend of a friend who loves all kinds of food but became vegetarian out of guilt and love of animals. They talk about great food combinations that they personally wouldn't eat themselves, so I didn't know if this was a similar situation to that.

I know Cap has a deep love of chickens too, so it would fit.

Plus, earlier he said:
I’ll just be quiet now then. (And wait for that recipe)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

tenor.gif

I just really don't like ****ing around with pizza - it's perfect as it is, with pepperoni and sausage, or even just cheese if you are homeless. Pineapple is obviously the most wrong and ****ed up thing that the masses will put on there. Then there are all the sacrilegious custom bull**** pizzas that foodie ****s ****ing eat and then talk about endlessly. Chicken is not like that, but I would just never waste the joy of eating a pizza by not getting the most out of it, i.e. with pepperoni and sausage (or only cheese, when I live in a van down by the river).

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
tenor.gif

I just really don't like ****ing around with pizza - it's perfect as it is, with pepperoni and sausage, or even just cheese if you are homeless. Pineapple is obviously the most wrong and ****ed up thing that the masses will put on there. Then there are all the sacrilegious custom bull**** pizzas that foodie ****s ****ing eat and then talk about endlessly. Chicken is not like that, but I would just never waste the joy of eating a pizza by not getting the most out of it, i.e. with pepperoni and sausage (or only cheese, when I live in a van down by the river).
Ah ok, I gotcha.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of normal pizza, so making a custom freak pizza like this is perfect for me. :laugh:

Although I have also made homemade pizza with traditional sauce, Italian sausage, green pepper, and onion. That was great too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I'd love to go vegetarian + fish, but there's just no way, because I ****ing hate vegetables. The thing is, I don't really care about cattle or pigs anyway. If someone put a plate of mongoose in front of me, I'd take my time ****ing slapping them literally to death. You should see what I'm like when rabbit pate is around - just stifling about a trillion words a minute, holding my fists in my pocket, rocking back and forth. Totally homicidal. And when you walk past the Chinese restaurant that has whole stripped duck corpses hanging from the ceiling? Grr, **** me.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ah ok, I gotcha.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of normal pizza, so making a custom freak pizza like this is perfect for me. :laugh:

Although I have also made homemade pizza with traditional sauce, Italian sausage, green pepper, and onion. That was great too.

Chicken isn't really that weird at all - it's just newer. It's just one of my hang-ups.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh for the BBQ chicken pizza I made? My bad, I missed that. :laugh:

For one pizza (the size of an oven baking sheet)

Ingredients
-Pizza Dough (I'm actually not sure of the exact weight... it's already pre-packaged by my supermarkets pizza area and it's just in an unmarked plastic bag... maybe 1 lbs?)
-1/2 pack of Bacon
-1 chicken breast
-1/4 red onion, sliced thin
-pickled jalapenos
-1/4 stick butter (melted)
-1 pack mozzarella cheese
-1 pack colby jack cheese
-salt/pepper/onion powder
-BBQ sauce
-vegetable oil

Steps
1- take the dough out of the fridge at least an hour before you start cooking so it can get to room temperature. Once at room temp, add vegetable oil to a baking sheet, place the dough in it, and try to spread it out. Sometimes the dough is super elastic, especially when cold, so try to kneed it and spread it out slowly. If it resists, spread it out a bit, let it sit for a while, and then do a little more. Eventually it'll fit the whole sheet.
2- Cut half a pack of bacon into small pieces and cook in a pan on the stove. Drain the pieces and set aside, but keep some of the fat in the pan.
3- Dice the chicken breast into tiny cubes and add to the bacon grease. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder and cook until done. Right before removing it from the pan, add some BBQ sauce and mix.
4- Once the dough is spread across the entire baking sheet, brush it with the butter and place it in the middle of a 450F oven until it's just slightly getting cooked/firm (maybe like 5 minutes?). You don't want it to be too cooked because then it could burn on the bottom before the cheese melts when you add all the toppings.
5- Take it out, brush a little more butter around the edges, then add the cheeses, then chicken, then bacon, then red onion, then jalapenos and place it in the oven. Personally, I don't time it, I just kinda stand nearby and check it every few minutes because it cooks quick and I want to take it out as soon as the cheese is melted (and just starting to brown) and the crust is golden. Everything on the pizza is already cooked, so that's all you're waiting for. If you're doubling the recipe and using two pans, like I did today, you need to constantly flip the two trays between the top and bottom rack in the oven so neither burn on the bottom or top.
6- Once it's done, take it out, drizzle BBQ sauce on top, and let it sit for a few minutes so it cools off and the cheese firms up a bit. Then slide it off the baking sheet, cut, and eat.

It takes a bit of time but it really couldn't be easier and it's so unbelievably good.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Oh for the BBQ chicken pizza I made? My bad, I missed that. :laugh:

For one pizza (the size of an oven baking sheet)

Ingredients
-Pizza Dough (I'm actually not sure of the exact weight... it's already pre-packaged by my supermarkets pizza area and it's just in an unmarked plastic bag... maybe 1lbs?)
-1/2 pack of Bacon
-1 chicken breast
-1/4 red onion, sliced thin
-pickled jalapenos
-1/4 stick butter (melted)
-1 pack mozzarella cheese
-1 pack colby jack cheese
-salt/pepper/onion powder
-BBQ sauce
-vegetable oil

Steps
1- take the dough out of the fridge at least an hour before you start cooking so it can get to room temperature. Once at room temp, add vegetable oil to a baking sheet, place the dough in it, and try to spread it out. Sometimes the dough is super elastic, especially when cold, so try to kneed it and spread it out slowly. If it resists, spread it out a bit, let it sit for a while, and then do a little more. Eventually it'll fit the whole sheet.
2- Cut half a pack of bacon into small pieces and cook in a pan on the stove. Drain the pieces and set aside, but keep some of the fat in the pan.
3- Dice the chicken breast into tiny cubes and add to the bacon grease. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder and cook until done. Right before removing it from the pan, add some BBQ sauce and mix.
4- Once the dough is spread across the entire baking sheet, brush it with the butter and place it in the middle of a 450F oven until it's just slightly getting cooked/firm (maybe like 5 minutes?). You don't want it to be too cooked because then it could burn on the bottom before the cheese melts when you add all the toppings.
5- Take it out, brush a little more butter around the edges, then add the cheeses, then chicken, then bacon, then red onion, then jalapenos and place it in the oven. Personally, I don't time it, I just kinda stand nearby and check it every few minutes because it cooks quick and I want to take it out as soon as the cheese is melted (and just starting to brown) and the crust is golden. Everything on the pizza is already cooked, so that's all you're waiting for. If you're doubling the recipe and using two pans, like I did today, you need to constantly flip the two trays between the top and bottom rack in the oven so neither burn on the bottom or top.
6- Once it's done, take it out, drizzle BBQ sauce on top, and let it sit for a few minutes so it cools off and the cheese firms up a bit. Then slide it off the baking sheet, cut, and eat.

It takes a bit of time but it really couldn't be easier and it's so unbelievably good.
Thank you kindly

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
You probably hate onions too don’t you?
Onions are amazing. Wiz with please. I'm just disgusted by the ranch love from people in the USA. There is no circumstance in which another sauce/dressing couldnt be used. And while I hate ranch I hope people don't take this too seriously

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Onions are amazing. Wiz with please. I'm just disgusted by the ranch love from people in the USA. There is no circumstance in which another sauce/dressing couldnt be used. And while I hate ranch I hope people don't take this too seriously
Water can be used where soda or beer could be used. That doesn’t mean the others can be used in its place.
But really people use ranch on too much stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad