The Menu Part 9 The Nick Foles ThankYou Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Family came over for the Eagles game so I made some BBQ chicken pizzas.

No sauce, so there’s just the dough (which gets butter brushed on it), then mozzarella and colby jack cheeses, BBQ chicken, bacon, red onion, jalapeños, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce on top.

yNmutyA_d.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

No sauce, so there’s just the dough (which gets butter brushed on it), then mozzarella and colby jack cheeses, BBQ chicken, bacon, red onion, jalapeños, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce on top.

yNmutyA_d.jpg

Very nice. I don't like chicken on pizza, but it looks good. Extra kudos for skipping mushrooms, which are ****ing disgusting.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

yNmutyA_d.jpg
You and Tripod need to do a cook off. Winner gets to spend a day with me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

yNmutyA_d.jpg
I find the key to having chicken on pizza, is to have the chicken under the cheese ton rep it from drying out when cooking the pizza.

Looks great!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Very nice. I don't like chicken on pizza, but it looks good. Extra kudos for skipping mushrooms, which are ****ing disgusting.
Thanks!

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of mushrooms on pizza. Typically they’re too watery and have little/no taste. Especially because they’re often canned.

But nahhhhhhh none of that weak junk in my kitchen. We eat tough guy food. ANIMALS AND CHEESE AND HOT PEPPERS AND ONIONS ARE ALLOWED BECAUSE THEY MAKE GROWN MEN CRY

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks!

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of mushrooms on pizza. Typically they’re too watery and have little/no taste. Especially because they’re often canned.

But nahhhhhhh none of that weak junk in my kitchen. We eat tough guy food. ANIMALS AND CHEESE AND HOT PEPPERS AND ONIONS ARE ALLOWED BECAUSE THEY MAKE GROWN MEN CRY

Sounds like you already extended the invite to your buddy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I find the key to having chicken on pizza, is to have the chicken under the cheese ton rep it from drying out when cooking the pizza.

Looks great!

And I agree, but my tactic was slightly different. Instead of putting the cheese on top, I keep the time in the oven to a minimum by precooking the dough a bit before I put on the toppings. I put a little vegetable oil on the pan, spread out the dough, brush it with butter, and cook it until it starts to get slightly golden. Then I put on all the toppings.

So it only takes a few minutes in the oven at 450F until the cheese melts and everything is heated up. It all comes out hot and the dough is golden on the bottom.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

And I agree, but my tactic was slightly different. Instead of putting the cheese on top, I keep the time in the oven to a minimum by precooking the dough a bit before I put on the toppings. I put a little vegetable oil on the pan, spread out the dough, brush it with butter, and cook it until it starts to get slightly golden. Then I put on all the toppings.

So it only takes a few minutes in the oven at 450F until the cheese melts and everything is heated up. It all comes out hot and the dough is golden on the bottom.

You bought those at Sprout's, stop trying to pretend like you're a master chef.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Well done. I can say that I have used BBQ sauce as the sauce on pizza depending what kind of pizza I am making.

Oh....and mushrooms on a pizza are great but you 100% can't used canned mushrooms. That's gross. Must be fresh and cut thinly and layed on top of the cheese so they cook quicly and release no liquid.

#teammushroom #teamnoonion

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well done. I can say that I have used BBQ sauce as the sauce on pizza depending what kind of pizza I am making.

Oh....and mushrooms on a pizza are great but you 100% can't used canned mushrooms. That's gross. Must be fresh and cut thinly and layed on top of the cheese so they cook quicly and release no liquid.

#teammushroom #teamnoonion
Actually I didn’t use BBQ sauce in place of the usual tomato sauce, just drizzled on top. I thought a layer of BBQ would be overpowering. ;)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Actually I didn’t use BBQ sauce in place of the usual tomato sauce, just drizzled on top. I thought a layer of BBQ would be overpowering. ;)
certainly it's not all BBQ sauces that can be used. I have a certain go to one up here, but yeah, gotta be careful not to overpower.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad