The Menu Part 7.77 I won absolutely nothing edition

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This time last year everything would sell out day of. Now they are lucky if it sells out by the next release. Even the milkshakes last 2-3 days now. Just too many good local breweries out there now.

Yup. They're starting to brew a lot more of the 'rare' stuff these days. I boycotted their releases for a while because I absolutely refuse to sit in line behind someone's lawn chair. I still cherish the day someone put a Craigslist ad up for "free lawn chairs" on the day of their release.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
The best thing to do for rare beer releases is have someone else mule them for you...

7C6D6AF9-18DA-47B8-83D5-07B5924250C1.jpeg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Yup. They're starting to brew a lot more of the 'rare' stuff these days. I boycotted their releases for a while because I absolutely refuse to sit in line behind someone's lawn chair. I still cherish the day someone put a Craigslist ad up for "free lawn chairs" on the day of their release.

Lol, I just saw their Instagram post for tomorrow's release. They are releasing the peach shake again tomorrow and will be releasing a shake each week. Now instead of lasting for a few days, they'll last for a week.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Lol, I just saw their Instagram post for tomorrow's release. They are releasing the peach shake again tomorrow and will be releasing a shake each week. Now instead of lasting for a few days, they'll last for a week.

I saw that a little earlier, too. Im ok with it. Now i just need them to price their beers a little more reasonably, and ill be all set.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I saw that a little earlier, too. Im ok with it. Now i just need them to price their beers a little more reasonably, and ill be all set.
Yeah, their prices are really high. I think that's one of the reason the beers don't sell out day of anymore.

I'm guessing they won't have as high of an allotment each week on the shakes due to them producing them more frequently, but who knows.

I'll stick to my Levante beers for now.

Also, if anyone goes out to Minneapolis, I suggest making a stop at Dangerous Man. Really cool brewery with some amazing beers. I went there last summer and brought home 5 different crowlers.

Follow them on Instagram and be amazed

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, their prices are really high. I think that's one of the reason the beers don't sell out day of anymore.

I'm guessing they won't have as high of an allotment each week on the shakes due to them producing them more frequently, but who knows.

I'll stick to my Levante beers for now.

Also, if anyone goes out to Minneapolis, I suggest making a stop at Dangerous Man. Really cool brewery with some amazing beers. I went there last summer and brought home 5 different crowlers.

Follow them on Instagram and be amazed

TH has always been an enigma to me. the beer started out exceptional, and then slowly teetered off, relative to price point. Though, people still flock to it like its the best stuff around. They do the best shakes in the business - or at least, that ive tasted - but other than that, the stuff isnt too far ahead of what you can get from locals. Give me tonewood improv over just about any TH non shake IPA. Ardmore is still a 30 min drive for me, so i wont visit regularly, but i wouldnt mind a regular rotation of the 'good' shake IPAs, ill be honest.

Oddly enough i was just in Minnesota 2 weeks ago. I went to Venn, and was very impressed. Dangerous Man was on my list, but my hotel was basically a .2 mile walk from Surly and i was working 14 hour days, so i was going for efficiency most days. I also did Fair state and was happy with the results, but not flabbergasted.

Ill be spending another two weeks in Minnesota in July/august for a project implementation, so ill make sure DM goes on the list.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
TH has always been an enigma to me. the beer started out exceptional, and then slowly teetered off, relative to price point. Though, people still flock to it like its the best stuff around. They do the best shakes in the business - or at least, that ive tasted - but other than that, the stuff isnt too far ahead of what you can get from locals. Give me tonewood improv over just about any TH non shake IPA. Ardmore is still a 30 min drive for me, so i wont visit regularly, but i wouldnt mind a regular rotation of the 'good' shake IPAs, ill be honest.

Oddly enough i was just in Minnesota 2 weeks ago. I went to Venn, and was very impressed. Dangerous Man was on my list, but my hotel was basically a .2 mile walk from Surly and i was working 14 hour days, so i was going for efficiency most days. I also did Fair state and was happy with the results, but not flabbergasted.

Ill be spending another two weeks in Minnesota in July/august for a project implementation, so ill make sure DM goes on the list.

Haha that's so weird. DM was the only place I went and it wasn't really planned. We were on our way back from golfing, wanted a beer, so we just put beer in the GPS and it came up. Glad we stopped. Phenomenal place.

I put a list together before I went out there of breweries I wanted to go to and Surly was on the list, but it seemed like you could get that at any bar, so didn't really make a point to go there. I don't remember ever seeing Venn. Didn't have as much time as I thought and DM was the only one we went to

Minneapolis is a fantastic city. I never would have gone if it wasn't for a wedding, but having been, I'd go again

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Haha that's so weird. DM was the only place I went and it wasn't really planned. We were on our way back from golfing, wanted a beer, so we just put beer in the GPS and it came up. Glad we stopped. Phenomenal place.

I put a list together before I went out there of breweries I wanted to go to and Surly was on the list, but it seemed like you could get that at any bar, so didn't really make a point to go there. I don't remember ever seeing Venn. Didn't have as much time as I thought and DM was the only one we went to

Minneapolis is a fantastic city. I never would have gone if it wasn't for a wedding, but having been, I'd go again

Yeah, it wasnt high on my places to visit, but a few work trips in, and i enjoy it alot. Theres a very serene, natural beauty to the city that as a 'major' city, i cant get past.

Will definitely hit DM in either my next trip (may 14th if time, but schedule looks tight), or at the very least, when i go back out for implementation in July.

Surly was cool, but i went most because of the locality factor, but also because i could expense beers and dinner and get away with it. Minnesota law requires them to funnel all distribution of beer through a distributor (20K barrels +), so to your point, yeah - if its available in cans, its available at a store. And i thought PA/NJ liquor laws sucked.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Between the canes win and this sexy *****, tonight was a good night.

Tri-tip with ancho lime marinade. I see your pizza and raise, @Beef Invictus

View attachment 223989 View attachment 223991 View attachment 223993

Both of you have some of the best food tonight. Here are mine, you gor me beat

I'm pretty hammered, wasn't planning to go to the bar, but we finished 2 hrs early at work got out at 9. Went to applebees with some workers and started pounding 22 ounce beers I went with sam adams summer ale.

I downed about 8 of these, then 6 JD whiskey shots.

I feel as high as a kite and thank God i made it home safely.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I haven’t got on the milkshake hype.

A citrusy IPA can’t be beat, but too many breweries are taking it too far and essentially creating alcoholic juices.

I’m right there with you. I think regardless of what style they call it, it has to be balanced. Too much of a juice bomb, no go. Too much of a pine or other resinous notes, no go. It has to balance the flavors well.

Surprisingly (or not based on their success), tired hands shakes are right on par. They’ve nailed the balance of the additions to their hop pairings. Another one that’s distributing now that I’m a huge fan of for the same reason is new trail. My buddy writes for a site called dirtfork (I know, selfless plug) and focuses a lot on craft beer. The head brewer there (also worked at tired hands and Kane) said he wanted “hazy” ipas, not New England ipas, because they lacked the bitterness he wanted to balance everything out.

Industrial Arts - Wrench. Had a couple last night. Solid NEIPA.

I saw this was on distribution. Loved the can art, will probably pick up a four pack once I go through my stash of tired hands.

Reactions: orangecrush8

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Had a little family get together today. Food options consisted of all the cheeses, crackers, dips, veggie plates, fruit plates, breads, egg salad, regular salad, etc... for picking at.

Then for the hot food, the choices between wings, ribs, or hot turkey in gravy. I had all 3.

For dessert was key lime pie and blueberry grunt. Both were great!

The wife is sleeping off her wine, I had Coke to drink. Great afternoon!

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Not a big Southern Tier fan, but a friend poured a Lake Shore Fog for me today and it was pretty good. It's a quintessential hazy. Very cloudy and citrusy.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Have any of you been to Texas Roadhouse? Good or bad. I haven't and they are going to build one in Egg Harbor Township.

Fire rd and black horse pike. As of now it set to open in February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad