The Menu Part 7.77 I won absolutely nothing edition

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Hosted Easter dinner for the family. Had a 9lb apricot glazed bone-in ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, grilled veggies (zucchini, peppers, onions), and mac n cheese. Dessert was cupcakes, apple pie, shoo fly pie, peach crumb pie, and ice cream. I may not be able to eat again for a few days, but everybody was happy and well fed when they left.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Hosted Easter dinner for the family. Had a 9lb apricot glazed bone-in ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, grilled veggies (zucchini, peppers, onions), and mac n cheese. Dessert was cupcakes, apple pie, shoo fly pie, peach crumb pie, and ice cream. I may not be able to eat again for a few days, but everybody was happy and well fed when they left.

Shoo fly pie? interesting

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Because someone had a case of the mondays (really not, I don’t need an excuse to drink a beer)
4A170F2A-78C0-4427-BABB-C98DC070ECEC.jpeg

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

Love these

Very underrated candy

I, as many others, find candy bars... and especially Chocolate based/included 'Fun Size' ones... to be best when eating fresh out of the Freezer. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are one of the best that way... Snickers. Mounds, Milky Way, Mars... going back to PayDay that my father bought me back in the day... Yada, Yada, Yada... That candy there looks to be a perfect candidate for a Freezer Treatment, but for the life of me, I cannot remember having one that way... nor not that way, to be quite honest.

Two questions beg to be posed: have you tried them frozen... and what do others in this Forum think about the to freeze or not to freeze question.
... IMWTK

Reactions: Amorgus and BigToe

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
BOIS

I just whipped up a Banh Mi for dinner and I could cry it was so good. Little heavy on the hoisin but I didn’t have time to marinate the pork so I did a quick pan sauce as I roasted it. I ate it too fast to even think about pictures

I can't wait until your children hate your cooking and only want to eat shitty fast food.

so i can eat their portions

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
BOIS

I just whipped up a Banh Mi for dinner and I could cry it was so good. Little heavy on the hoisin but I didn’t have time to marinate the pork so I did a quick pan sauce as I roasted it. I ate it too fast to even think about pictures
It's impossible to go heavy on the hoisin. What a great condiment.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
I can't wait until your children hate your cooking and only want to eat ****ty fast food.

so i can eat their portions
My Vietnamese coworker is an absolute God in the kitchen, you should see the stuff he brings into the office for lunch. His three boys will only eat mac n cheese and frozen pizza. He smiles when he tells me this, but his soul is clearly crushed lol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
BOIS

I tried to make an orange glaze with hoisin sauce once. I have never, ever been constipated so badly or for so long. Nightmare.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Breaking news.

This Sunday the new Royal Farms in
Egg Harbor Township will be open.

322 black horse pike and Fire Rd is the location or the first exit off Garden state parkway when you go south from the AC expressway.

I can't wait.

This will be the closest to me ever 12 min drive.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Breaking news.

322 black horse pike and Fire Rd is the location or the first exit off Garden state parkway when you go south from the AC expressway.

I can't wait.

Drove by there last night, while doing network maintenance project for work. The parking lot was packed. It's not open yet????

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Breaking news.

I can't wait.

RoFo fried chicken is good. Real good.

You people need to understand that their fried chicken is great.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad