The Menu Part 7.77 I won absolutely nothing edition

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sometimes, you need to improvise. No hamburger buns, so half a sub bun it is.

image.jpg
image.jpg

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Damn, I could get down with that.
my brother in law brought this and another type of port omna down for Easter plus a couple from Icarus brewing which was quite good as well.

To make you sad though...

My buddy was just bored this weekend and decided to head up and he muled back a couple four packs for me, including a collaboration with troon...

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
my brother in law brought this and another type of port omna down for Easter plus a couple from Icarus brewing which was quite good as well.

To make you sad though...

My buddy was just bored this weekend and decided to head up and he muled back a couple four packs for me, including a collaboration with troon...

Nice. My buddy bailed on my new England trip, so I just went to tired hands on Thursday.

Resized_20190425_131331(2).jpeg

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Nice. My buddy bailed on my new England trip, so I just went to tired hands on Thursday.

View attachment 222303
That’d be a hefty tab there. I can’t get a good handle on how quick they burn through those releases. Some of those were from the week previous...

Funny story, I missed out on getting punge because I had to save easter. Was planning to go that Saturday but Friday night my dog decided she was going to raid a rabbit nest and brought a bunch of them into the house. So instead of getting high quality beer, I had to go in the morning and look around the yard to see if there were any other survivors. Then bring the ones I did find to a wildlife rehab.

Ugh.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That’d be a hefty tab there. I can’t get a good handle on how quick they burn through those releases. Some of those were from the week previous...

Funny story, I missed out on getting punge because I had to save easter. Was planning to go that Saturday but Friday night my dog decided she was going to raid a rabbit nest and brought a bunch of them into the house. So instead of getting high quality beer, I had to go in the morning and look around the yard to see if there were any other survivors. Then bring the ones I did find to a wildlife rehab.

Ugh.

Milkshake was the night before and they had plenty when I got there. Those seem to be the only thing that really sell out much anymore, but they brewed like 300+ cases. Sea if green is good And I'm actually really a bug fan of the Peach Kolsch.

At least your dog had the Easter spirit!

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Chilled out at the local Craft bar this weekend the following were all sampled at a 5 oz pour:

Toppling Goliath DDH Pseudo Sue
Magnify Flexitarian
Kane Party Wave
Magnify French Toast
Toppling Goliath Hopsmack!
Tonewood Freshies
Magnify Vine Shine
Kane Indicators
Death of the Fox Overflow

My liver thanked me...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Chilled out at the local Craft bar this weekend the following were all sampled at a 5 oz pour:

Magnify Flexitarian
Kane Party Wave
Magnify French Toast
Tonewood Freshies
Magnify Vine Shine
Kane Indicators

My liver thanked me...

Magnify is a really underrated brewery to me. 90% of kanes beers are amazing. The other 20 are awful, both if those are in the 90 though.

Toppling Goliath was one of my first 'real' craft beer. Glad to see they are distributing locally finally.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Magnify is a really underrated brewery to me. 90% of kanes beers are amazing. The other 20 are awful, both if those are in the 90 though.

Toppling Goliath was one of my first 'real' craft beer. Glad to see they are distributing locally finally.
Not a big stout guy so the Flexitarian was low but still drinkable. The others I would session any of them.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017

Magnify Flexitarian
Kane Party Wave
Magnify French Toast
Tonewood Freshies
Magnify Vine Shine
Kane Indicators

My liver thanked me...
That’s like a lot of ounces!

Nice list for sure though. My local bottle shop had four packs of Freshies a while back. It’s crushable for sure.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
there was 16 of them at one point. a few of them are going to make their way out of town in trades because everyone goes nuts over them, but i think Sea of Green was the better beer from that haul.
It’s a great bargaining chip. They typically aren’t even my favorite offering they have. Brilliant marketing on their point. You say milkshake and everyone wants to have it.

Reactions: Cody Webster

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I’m kidding. My “sampling” normally consists of a flight then buying the beers I liked in full pints or whatever serving size they come in.
I do the same but the list was solid this time so it was a lot on flight size pours. Them having a good kitchen also helps considering that list pretty much is all 6-10 abv.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It’s a great bargaining chip. They typically aren’t even my favorite offering they have. Brilliant marketing on their point. You say milkshake and everyone wants to have it.

Yup, They are good, but few of them are as good as they are hyped up to be. Peach is good and i wouldnt be upset by drinking all 16 of them. TH definitely has the best lactose IPAs that ive tasted, so they are very marketable for others.

The only one i really love is the double extra vanilla, and sadly, its the one that doesnt usually last that long, and i dont do lines.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Yup, They are good, but few of them are as good as they are hyped up to be. Peach is good and i wouldnt be upset by drinking all 16 of them. TH definitely has the best lactose IPAs that ive tasted, so they are very marketable for others.

The only one i really love is the double extra vanilla, and sadly, its the one that doesnt usually last that long, and i dont do lines.
This time last year everything would sell out day of. Now they are lucky if it sells out by the next release. Even the milkshakes last 2-3 days now. Just too many good local breweries out there now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad