OT: The Menu Part 17, Rod Brind'Amour, Captain Dave Poulin edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Honestly, I shuck it, wrap it in a wet paper towel, nuke it for 5 minutes, then put it in tinfoil with butter, salt and pepper, and put it back on the grill for a little bit.

Always turns out great.
Shuck it but keep it intact. Soak for 30 minutes. Then oil and season. The husk adds a nice char to it.
Even if you just grill it plain and butter after, the charred husk adds a ton of flavor.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I never wrap or rest my meat after it’s done cooking. Is it worth doing? How the hell do you rewarm the meat after it’s cooled without it getting weird?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah. I pull back the husks, remove the silk, coat in butter, salt, and pepper, then replace the husk. I think in Mexico they like to add mayo and/or sour cream. If you want to be fancy, you can use one of the outermost husks to tie the end back shut before tossing on the grill, but I've never found it to be necessary.

Reactions: Lord Defect

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I never wrap or rest my meat after it’s done cooking. Is it worth doing? How the hell do you rewarm the meat after it’s cooled without it getting weird?

I always let it rest for 3-5 minutes. It lets the juices re-distribute from the center of the meat back out to the cooked edges.

Reactions: Tripod

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I always let it rest for 3-5 minutes. It lets the juices re-distribute from the center of the meat back out to the cooked edges.
I keep reading to wrap for 20 minutes or place in a cooler for an hour. Sounds fine but it’s coins to be cold by then.
It usually takes me a few minutes getting the rest of the meat on the plate before I cut into the meat so it rests some.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

I (usually) let my meat rest. If it's a smaller cut I'll wrap it in foil, but larger stuff should hold temp just fine. Just 5-10 minutes is all you need. I personally want that meat juice in my mouth, not on my plate.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I such. Dinner does it.
A2F4018F-4B50-40BF-AB45-A6B6731B9BB2.jpeg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Hour and a half for the corn in the smoker. I’d rather have spent half an hour on the grill for better taste.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Nice! Those guys have been putting out some tasty beer. A local bottle shop/taproom gets them a lot. Sticky hands is awesome as is their red ale.
Fort George has been putting out some really good stuff lately. I’ll post a pic next time I grab some

I had another from hood river... pFriem maybe? Was decent as well

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I had another from hood river... pFriem maybe? Was decent as well
pFriem is REALLY good. Awesome spot on the river where you can watch all the wind surfers. My local dive bar keeps their pale on tap and charges $4 a pint. Great day drinking beer.

the gorge has some fantastic breweries on both sides. Backwoods in Carson WA is one of my favorites if you ever come across it

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad