Not open for further replies.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
:)

KnorrParmesanfront_960x.jpg
Oh. German brand.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
I can only imagine how badly English speakers butcher the pronunciation of Knorr.
Well, I can only imagine how (grammatically) bad some of my posts are :D.
But there really isn‘t much danger in saying „Knorr“. So just don‘t swallow the „k“ like in „know“. Instead make it sound as if it was „cnorr“ (think of Mike Knuble if it helps).:thumbu:

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can only imagine how badly English speakers butcher the pronunciation of Knorr.

There was a Knorr Street where I grew up. Everybody essentially pronounced it like it rhymed with door.

Not particularly hard in the most part to pronounce streets/neighborhoods in Philly since mostly all of them derive from the early English settler days.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Well, I can only imagine how (grammatically) bad some of my posts are :D.
But there really isn‘t much danger in saying „Knorr“. So just don‘t swallow the „k“ like in „know“. Instead make it sound as if it was „cnorr“ (think of Mike Knuble if it helps).:thumbu:
That's pretty much what I thought, although taking of German in high school helps there. I had the hardest time starting out though. Getting the habit of actually pronouncing every letter in a word was hard for me. For the longest time, I didn't actually say the '-e' when saying "Ich heiße SBA" which I know drove my teacher crazy, since he was German.

There was a Knorr Street where I grew up. Everybody essentially pronounced it like it rhymed with door.

Not particularly hard in the most part to pronounce streets/neighborhoods in Philly since mostly all of them derive from the early English settler days.
And yeah, that's what I expect from us dumb yankees. 'Nore', like snore without the s. I can't blame us too much, though. English is a silly language for silly people, and it's poisoned the language areas of our brains.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Ah high school German. Our teacher HATED us and it was reciprocated. By the end of four years, we had taken to calling him Herr täglish because his surname was Dailey and this was just close enough to “daily” for us to be jerks about it.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don’t know why but joes has a sandwich called a chazarma. I have not found another place that uses that name. The sandwich is a hot sausage covered in cheesesteak.
My local place was willing to make it. Pics coming shortly.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
8506031E-A980-440B-BC7E-23518BC2E24A.jpeg

They went a different route from my instructions. Rather than a hot sausage surrounded by cheesesteak, they made a cheesesteak with cut up hot sausage as a topping. I’m very ok with this.
I have had much better cheesesteaks, but I have to reach for Steve’s or angelos to beat this one.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
View attachment 431919
They went a different route from my instructions. Rather than a hot sausage surrounded by cheesesteak, they made a cheesesteak with cut up hot sausage as a topping. I’m very ok with this.
I have had much better cheesesteaks, but I have to reach for Steve’s or angelos to beat this one.
I want to devour everything in this photo, including the plate and your thumb.

Reactions: Lord Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad