OT: The Menu Part 17, Rod Brind'Amour, Captain Dave Poulin edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Well you have to pay thousands of dollars and all kinds of red tape to say become a Canadian citizen and declare you are no longer a citizen of this country.
Land of the free right?
Except dual citizenship is a thing.
How does Canada having a tough immigration policy have anything to do with jersey let alone the land of the free?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I have no idea what that is
You are not alone
It's popular in Brazil, but unless you're at a Brazilian Steakhouse you're probably not gonna see it in the States since it gets sliced up into other cuts of meat. Luckily for me, my butcher has all of the things. I neglected to get a pic of the inside, but it was a bit overdone. It was right at 120 when I pulled it off the grill.

177414682_10164875134350237_5653338531699366546_n.jpg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
It's popular in Brazil, but unless you're at a Brazilian Steakhouse you're probably not gonna see it in the States since it gets sliced up into other cuts of meat. Luckily for me, my butcher has all of the things. I neglected to get a pic of the inside, but it was a bit overdone. It was right at 120 when I pulled it off the grill.

Ok do you have a trick for using a single skewer for something like this? When I make kabobs, which come out amazing might I add, I always have an issue with the veggies spinning freely, but run the skewer through the meat at two points. When I grab the meat with tongs to flip them, the veggies spin sometimes and I have to spin them by hand.
When I make kabobs it’s usually during a bbq, and I’d prefer not to touch other people’s food. If it was just my family, I wouldn’t care enough to ask a question online a few years after doing it this way.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Ok do you have a trick for using a single skewer for something like this? When I make kabobs, which come out amazing might I add, I always have an issue with the veggies spinning freely, but run the skewer through the meat at two points. When I grab the meat with tongs to flip them, the veggies spin sometimes and I have to spin them by hand.
When I make kabobs it’s usually during a bbq, and I’d prefer not to touch other people’s food. If it was just my family, I wouldn’t care enough to ask a question online a few years after doing it this way.
Haha, this was actually my first time using the skewers, and I had a similar meatspin problem. I would imagine using a thicker skewer with a flat blade would result in less rotation, but I couldn't say for sure.

Something like this, maybe?

g-f-products-skewers-25618-64_1000.jpg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Haha, this was actually my first time using the skewers, and I had a similar meatspin problem. I would imagine using a thicker skewer with a flat blade would result in less rotation, but I couldn't say for sure.

Something like this, maybe?

g-f-products-skewers-25618-64_1000.jpg
I actually have a nice case of lower end bbq “tools” that include a dozen flat skewers. I find them to be a worse offender for the veggies. If they puncture right it’s great, but otherwise the onions(the bane of my skewer existence!!!) crack in half.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Except dual citizenship is a thing.
How does Canada having a tough immigration policy have anything to do with jersey let alone the land of the free?

Nothing. just wanted to point out how difficult it is to leave this country for good and forgo citizenship in this country.
I just mentioned Canada as a example which probably wasn’t a good example

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I actually have a nice case of lower end bbq “tools” that include a dozen flat skewers. I find them to be a worse offender for the veggies. If they puncture right it’s great, but otherwise the onions(the bane of my skewer existence!!!) crack in half.
Yeah, it's a fine line to walk. Too small and you get spin, too large and you're putting giant holes in your meat and breaking vegetables.

I think your best bet is to put the fear of God into the veggies before cooking. Let them know if they spin, they won't be eaten, but disposed of in the most gruesome way possible. Scare them straight.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Also, I’m not kidding when I say my butcher has everything. I saw this while I was waiting for them to pack up my meat.

426834BF-E6CC-47A4-98F8-BA84643978E4.jpeg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Nothing. just wanted to point out how difficult it is to leave this country for good and forgo citizenship in this country.
I just mentioned Canada as a example which probably wasn’t a good example
It’s super easy to leave the country. The hard part is getting a country other than us to accept you.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Yeah, it's a fine line to walk. Too small and you get spin, too large and you're putting giant holes in your meat and breaking vegetables.

I think your best bet is to put the fear of God into the veggies before cooking. Let them know if they spin, they won't be eaten, but disposed of in the most gruesome way possible. Scare them straight.
Damn. I’ve been threatening them with “something inappropriate being done to them”. I think they want that. I’ll have to try that method. Thanks!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Or do the right thing....and don't eat veggies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Sorry guys, I have no plans on tasting the camel meat.

Or do the right thing....and don't eat veggies.

This is the way. I neglected to take any pics, but my sides for the steak today were baked potato (which is an honorary meat) and bacon mac and cheese. Veggies are for the weak.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Sorry guys, I have no plans on tasting the camel meat.

This is the way. I neglected to take any pics, but my sides for the steak today were baked potato (which is an honorary meat) and bacon mac and cheese. Veggies are for the weak.
Wuss. At least buy it and ship it to me.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Putting corn kernels in a skewer is a waste of time....lol. One of the few veggies I eat.
Shuck the corn, remove the silk. Run olive oil over it and then salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then rewrap the husk. Grill, or smoke (like I’m trying for the first time tonight) and it’s all gravy.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Shuck the corn, remove the silk. Run olive oil over it and then salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then rewrap the husk. Grill, or smoke (like I’m trying for the first time tonight) and it’s all gravy.
Honestly, I shuck it, wrap it in a wet paper towel, nuke it for 5 minutes, then put it in tinfoil with butter, salt and pepper, and put it back on the grill for a little bit.

Always turns out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad