The Menu Part 10 The John Leclair HOF Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don’t remember what city it was in, probably Boston or Atlanta, but Teds Montana Grill serves bison and it’s f***ing delicious in steak or burger form.
I bought a pack of ground bison from Giant and it was meh. It had an odd texture, like it was cooked but mushy. Next time I’m sticking with steaks.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Great news, I feel like doing the dance Wayne did when he got 5k to do waynes world.

On Aug 29th

I got a new Sirius XM Radio for my Rig. It included 3 months of free programing. Now I couldn't redeem it until 1 day prior to my current promotion I was on for my previous radio which was 9/12 , the bill date is 9/13.

So on 9/12, I call in and I immediately ask for the Manger, because I knew it would be a waste of time talking to a regular person.

He told me that the system was only letting him key in for 2 free months not 3. I said the advertisement on the box says 3 free months. I even sent him a picture with the serial id, receipt from the store, and the radio was activiated. I said if I don't get 3 months, I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB and asked to speak to a higher manager. So he says he put in for the 2 months because that's what the system would max let him do, and make a note to grant a 30 day free pass to complete the 3 month free service.

I called today, and went right to a manager, apparently the guy who I spoke to was off. Another Manager gets on and I said I'm suppose to have a 3rd month free, she only sees 2. I said Notes should be posted about the final month free. She saw none, so the first manager didn't do his job and thinks I would have forgotten about the free month.

Think again, after telling the new manager about everything she brings on a higher manager, one with higher power. That manager says for 2 dollars, I'll grant you not only the final month free as agreed on 9/12, I'll throw in 2 additional months to compensate for our error. So I was thrilled.

I'm on the All Access package, there highest package and has every channel..

With being on the Road as I am, I need it.

My channels I love

22 Pearl Jam
34 Lithium
41 Turbo
80 ESPN
81 ESPN Xtra
82 Mad Dog Sports ( I'm a caller and do get on Schein on Sports) my fav
83 - 92 All Sports NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL
167 Canada ( Flyers were just on with being out west)

170 to 240 ( Sports Play by Play MLB NBA NHL NFL NCAA every game no blackout )

204 VSIN ( If you are a betting guru or newbie very good insight info here Brent Muskberger and is guys in the desert are great.)

the bottom line in all of this, don't let anyone sell you short of what you are suppose to get.

Reactions: Defect

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
So the Disney trip is coming to an end and I finally found a drinking establishment. How much is too much to spend on pappy van winkle...?

I already got yelled at, so no fun stories regarding the bourbon (went with a four roses small batch 100 proof for after the filet—medium rare @Starat327).

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
So the Disney trip is coming to an end and I finally found a drinking establishment. How much is too much to spend on pappy van winkle...?

I already got yelled at, so no fun stories regarding the bourbon (went with a four roses small batch 100 proof for after the filet—medium rare @Starat327).

well get me one of those pappy drinks,

if anyone gives you crap about spending money on a trip, tell them to go F themselves or have them contact me and I'll do it.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
You coming at my steak or my bourbon?
Enjoy your evening on the toilet.

Starat if you have a problem, with Bourbon and Steak, you and I will have a problem and you and I will have a fight with me celebrating by pouring A1 steak sauce over you after I kick your Arse.

I'm planning to do both when I get home tomorrow.

There is nothing wrong with pooping, infact it's a daily item everyone should be doing.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Starat if you have a problem, with Bourbon and Steak, you and I will have a problem and you and I will have a fight with me celebrating by pouring A1 steak sauce over you after I kick your Arse.

I'm planning to do both when I get home tomorrow.

There is nothing wrong with pooping, infact it's a daily item everyone should be doing.

down boy! Steak and bourbon are both fine. the steak just needs to be cooked. :)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Definitely the steak. I have the 100 proof small batch. It's a little hot, but good. I've never had pappy, because theres no way it can taste good enough to spend that much money on, and I think @JojoTheWhale would be happy to chime in on his Pappy stories.

The bolded is exactly how I would phrase it. You're going to spend ~$600 on a bottle of 10 year old Pappy. You can get 5-10 bottles just as good or better for the same price.

If you want to do it for the story/experience, by all means have at it and enjoy. But that's what it is.

Reactions: Starat327

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
The bolded is exactly how I would phrase it. You're going to spend ~$600 on a bottle of 10 year old Pappy. You can get 5-10 bottles just as good or better for the same price.

If you want to do it for the story/experience, by all means have at it and enjoy. But that's what it is.
Ironically, it was the first bar I was in that had it (10, 12, 15 and 20) So curiosity got me to a degree. I definitely agree with the economics. I will admit it certainly would’ve been better, but the 20 year old wasn’t going to be 12 times better than what I was drinking.

@Starat327 , probably between the full glass of ice with it and it being Florida, I got a ton of vanilla from the nose of it. Probably better with some dilution.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ironically, it was the first bar I was in that had it (10, 12, 15 and 20) So curiosity got me to a degree. I definitely agree with the economics. I will admit it certainly would’ve been better, but the 20 year old wasn’t going to be 12 times better than what I was drinking.

@Starat327 , probably between the full glass of ice with it and it being Florida, I got a ton of vanilla from the nose of it. Probably better with some dilution.

From the Pappy?

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
tenor.gif

My boogers.

You eat your own boogers, but won’t eat peanut butter on a pizza? :eek:
Would you eat your own toe, toe?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Great news, I feel like doing the dance Wayne did when he got 5k to do waynes world.

On Aug 29th

I got a new Sirius XM Radio for my Rig. It included 3 months of free programing. Now I couldn't redeem it until 1 day prior to my current promotion I was on for my previous radio which was 9/12 , the bill date is 9/13.

So on 9/12, I call in and I immediately ask for the Manger, because I knew it would be a waste of time talking to a regular person.

He told me that the system was only letting him key in for 2 free months not 3. I said the advertisement on the box says 3 free months. I even sent him a picture with the serial id, receipt from the store, and the radio was activiated. I said if I don't get 3 months, I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB and asked to speak to a higher manager. So he says he put in for the 2 months because that's what the system would max let him do, and make a note to grant a 30 day free pass to complete the 3 month free service.

I called today, and went right to a manager, apparently the guy who I spoke to was off. Another Manager gets on and I said I'm suppose to have a 3rd month free, she only sees 2. I said Notes should be posted about the final month free. She saw none, so the first manager didn't do his job and thinks I would have forgotten about the free month.

Think again, after telling the new manager about everything she brings on a higher manager, one with higher power. That manager says for 2 dollars, I'll grant you not only the final month free as agreed on 9/12, I'll throw in 2 additional months to compensate for our error. So I was thrilled.

I'm on the All Access package, there highest package and has every channel..

With being on the Road as I am, I need it.

My channels I love

22 Pearl Jam
34 Lithium
41 Turbo
80 ESPN
81 ESPN Xtra
82 Mad Dog Sports ( I'm a caller and do get on Schein on Sports) my fav
83 - 92 All Sports NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL
167 Canada ( Flyers were just on with being out west)

170 to 240 ( Sports Play by Play MLB NBA NHL NFL NCAA every game no blackout )

204 VSIN ( If you are a betting guru or newbie very good insight info here Brent Muskberger and is guys in the desert are great.)

the bottom line in all of this, don't let anyone sell you short of what you are suppose to get.
301 road trip radio

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I just tried mikes hot honey on a meat lovers pizza. I drizzled, didn’t drench. I gotta be honest it’s decent but not much of a difference imo.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad