Philadelphia, Pa
20211107_090727.jpg

French toast with a homemade apple butter this morning. What yall got

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Nah. I just know what belongs or does not belong on a pizza. Lose the grass and pineapple and it looks killer.
I obviously know it doesn't belong on pizza, hence the loophole part. Have you ever had al pastor tacos? This was basically an al pastor taco that had the tortilla replaced with pizza crust. The grass clipping were actually cilantro, which normally goes on... you guessed it, al pastor tacos! It's pretty standard stuff that I just don't think your wrinkleless brain can comprehend.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Went to Malooga on Chestnut in Philly last night, with 3 long time friends, 2 of whom I have known since before kindergarten. The food was good, but we did find out it was a substitute chef, so I will not bust on anything.

The key is it is a Yemeni restaurant, and I have now eaten at places with 48 different ethnicities, cuisines, or home nation of owner.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I obviously know it doesn't belong on pizza, hence the loophole part. Have you ever had al pastor tacos? This was basically an al pastor taco that had the tortilla replaced with pizza crust. The grass clipping were actually cilantro, which normally goes on... you guessed it, al pastor tacos! It's pretty standard stuff that I just don't think your wrinkleless brain can comprehend.
Cilantro is the devil, it’s too overwhelming. I have not had those before.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Went to Malooga on Chestnut in Philly last night, with 3 long time friends, 2 of whom I have known since before kindergarten. The food was good, but we did find out it was a substitute chef, so I will not bust on anything.

The key is it is a Yemeni restaurant, and I have now eaten at places with 48 different ethnicities, cuisines, or home nation of owner.
Does it count if the chefs nationality does not match the cuisine? Like if some white bread Cornhusker is your hibachi chef, do you have to eat there again before it counts?

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Cilantro is the devil, it’s too overwhelming. I have not had those before.
Cilanto is most definitely not the devil, unless of course you're trying to make it last longer than 3 days in the fridge. I have heard there are people that lack something genetically that allows them to enjoy cilantro. It could just be an excuse by them

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Does it count if the chefs nationality does not match the cuisine? Like if some white bread Cornhusker is your hibachi chef, do you have to eat there again before it counts?
Well I havent raided kitchens and asked for ID. That would never be a good idea.

I add that line for a place that has Thai in the title but whose owner is from Laos. Someone I knew from Loas said the food was legit. Also Jose Garces is from Ecuador, and his place Amada serves Latin / Spanish recipes.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Well I havent raided kitchens and asked for ID. That would never be a good idea.

I add that line for a place that has Thai in the title but whose owner is from Laos. Someone I knew from Loas said the food was legit. Also Jose Garces is from Ecuador, and his place Amada serves Latin / Spanish recipes.
There’s a scene in the show The League, that had the exact scenario I described. It’s funny as hell.
Found it. It’s sushi not hibachi, my bad.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad