The Menu 18th Edition The Daymond Lankow/ Surrounded by Ahos Steak Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This was my exact reaction. This was my first time making queso and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

And it's great, because the recipe is infinitely tinkerable. Different kinds/portions of cheese, different veggies, etc. I'm 100% adding more peppers next time. It was tasty, but not quite spicy enough for me.

I have taken my first steps into a larger world.
What did you use to make this batch?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
What did you use to make this batch?

~16 ounces store brand velveeta
8 ounces pepper jack
1 10oz can rotel
1 small onion
2 small serrano peppers

It came out great, but congealed very quickly as it cooled, so I think I want to add some milk or something next time so it has a bit more viscosity.

I also plan on tripling the amount of peppers, since it wasn't close to spicy enough for me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
37DF2990-482D-4B22-90BF-AE76753563F2.jpeg
7FF6182B-7794-4CD2-8E17-13DE4DDDC606.jpeg

The Jumbo Pie, 24’. 8’ larger then a XL

is that the biggest pizza box ever?

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
~16 ounces store brand velveeta
8 ounces pepper jack
1 10oz can rotel
1 small onion
2 small serrano peppers

It came out great, but congealed very quickly as it cooled, so I think I want to add some milk or something next time so it has a bit more viscosity.

I also plan on tripling the amount of peppers, since it wasn't close to spicy enough for me.

I used basically the same ingredients but added chorizo. It's certainly a very adaptable recipe.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I used basically the same ingredients but added chorizo. It's certainly a very adaptable recipe.
Yeah, I wanted to add some chorizo or ground beef but I made it for a get together and one of the people going had her sense of taste knocked out out alignment by covid. She says that most meats now just taste super bloody/metallic-y, so I skipped it for her sake.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah, I wanted to add some chorizo or ground beef but I made it for a get together and one of the people going had her sense of taste knocked out out alignment by covid. She says that most meats now just taste super bloody/metallic-y, so I skipped it for her sake.

One of the things my wife is experiencing is that pickles all taste spicy for some reason.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
It’s pepper picking season! Two batches of sauces made, and a third one fermenting now.

46C44D64-43ED-40C5-ADF8-330DC3DB2648.jpeg
This guy is a pineapple and mango base, some sweet onion and red bell peppers to add volume and darken the color. Mildly flavored with about forty to fifty red habaneros. It’s got a bite…

BB05F499-5212-48DB-A192-B6885B87ACD5.jpeg

This guy is a blueberry and blackberry base, some lemon zest and juice. Dialed down the habaneros to about a third of the above, basically one per bottle. Some good building heat on it without overpowering.

Third one is not a finished product yet, still fermenting in the garage. Making a riff on salsa verde with tomatillos, poblanos, cilantro, white onion and some garlic. Doing two batches: one with ghost pepper and one with Trinidad scorpions.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It’s pepper picking season! Two batches of sauces made, and a third one fermenting now.

View attachment 477521 This guy is a pineapple and mango base, some sweet onion and red bell peppers to add volume and darken the color. Mildly flavored with about forty to fifty red habaneros. It’s got a bite…

View attachment 477522
This guy is a blueberry and blackberry base, some lemon zest and juice. Dialed down the habaneros to about a third of the above, basically one per bottle. Some good building heat on it without overpowering.

Third one is not a finished product yet, still fermenting in the garage. Making a riff on salsa verde with tomatillos, poblanos, cilantro, white onion and some garlic. Doing two batches: one with ghost pepper and one with Trinidad scorpions.

So, uhhhh... They all spoken for?

Reactions: Lord Defect

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
So, uhhhh... They all spoken for?
To say I have an over abundance is the understatement of the year. I still have a couple gallon freezer bags of peppers to work with. Plus a whole thing of scotch bonnets I want to use to make my own jerk sauce for some chicken.

Want some? Say the word.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
To say I have an over abundance is the understatement of the year. I still have a couple gallon freezer bags of peppers to work with. Plus a whole thing of scotch bonnets I want to use to make my own jerk sauce for some chicken.

Want some? Say the word.

I would very much appreciate some homemade got sauce provided it isn't going to kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad