In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
One of my favourite threads.

6yq6.gif

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
4CADF3B2-FD9A-4BA2-A895-EA4D4A837A8F.jpeg

Again, since it’s hotter than balls in the DelVal, went for a light dinner. Marinated swordfish steak, asparagus and watermelon salad.

Fish was done in some olive oil, lemon zest, rosemary and red pepper flakes.

watermelon salad is great for the summer and easy. Watermelon, lime juice, basil and feta cheese to add that salt.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
View attachment 450577

Again, since it’s hotter than balls in the DelVal, went for a light dinner. Marinated swordfish steak, asparagus and watermelon salad.

watermelon salad is great for the summer and easy. Watermelon, lime juice, basil and feta cheese to add that salt.
Oh my god that sounds terrible. Hard pass on two thirds of that plate.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
View attachment 450577

Swordfish. One of the best.

Your actual plates impress me.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
View attachment 450577

Watermelon salad is underrated as f***. Such a refreshing munch.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
View attachment 450577

I'm not a swordfish fan, but had you told me that was chicken I'd probably have dug right in. Looks delicious.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Oh, if you have laundry to do, and want a beer, swing by buds and suds.
I wouldn’t go Friday or Monday though.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
@Surrounded By Ahos I'm gonna be in the Raleigh area in a few weeks - any recommendations on food or drink?
Oh boy. That's a fun question. So many choices.

For fast food, 0bviously try Bojangles if you haven't had it before. The Cajun Filet Biscuit Combo is a little slice of heaven on earth. Just make sure to get unsweet tea.

If you do go drinking, hitting up Cookout after is basically a rite of passage. A cookout tray will provide you with all sorts of food and a fantastic milkshake for like $6. Waffle House is also acceptable, but tends to be significantly more sketchy.

There's also a local chain called Guasaca which sells arepas, which are basically pancakes that are sliced open and filled with meat. They are quite delicious.

For a real sit-down meal, I'd check out Caffe Luna which is a fantastic little Italian place downtown or Relish, which is a bit to the north, and has a pretty wide range of food and drink, plus their have a constantly rotating test menu that always has something fun on it.

There's also a local legend called Player's Retreat, and while I've never actually eaten there, I've heard it's amazing. They grind their own beef in house so it's possible to order a burger rare :)

As far as wetting you whistle, we've got a World of Beer and a Yard House, but I'd skip those and hit the Raleigh Beer Garden if possible. They have a ludicrous selection of beer. Just look at it: Raleigh Beer Garden: Beer Menu

The Flying Saucer is also a fun place to check out.

My personal favorite sports bar is called the Brickhouse, although I haven't been in ages due to Covid.

I haven't been since it just opened, but I feel like you're pretty obligated to go to Bates Battaglia's new bar, Teets, which I think I mentioned here.

Boxcar is a barcade which is a lot of fun.

Of course, the crown jewel of food in the area is the Angus Barn. It's truly an experience. On top of their dining rooms, they have a lounge for eating/drinking and a lounge for smoking cigars. It's a bit on the expensive side, but holy hell is it worth it. They do a fantastic job of balancing being upscale and homey. I cannot recommend it enough.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh boy. That's a fun question. So many choices.

For fast food, 0bviously try Bojangles if you haven't had it before. The Cajun Filet Biscuit Combo is a little slice of heaven on earth. Just make sure to get unsweet tea.

If you do go drinking, hitting up Cookout after is basically a rite of passage. A cookout tray will provide you with all sorts of food and a fantastic milkshake for like $6. Waffle House is also acceptable, but tends to be significantly more sketchy.

There's also a local chain called Guasaca which sells arepas, which are basically pancakes that are sliced open and filled with meat. They are quite delicious.

For a real sit-down meal, I'd check out Caffe Luna which is a fantastic little Italian place downtown or Relish, which is a bit to the north, and has a pretty wide range of food and drink, plus their have a constantly rotating test menu that always has something fun on it.

There's also a local legend called Player's Retreat, and while I've never actually eaten there, I've heard it's amazing. They grind their own beef in house so it's possible to order a burger rare :)

As far as wetting you whistle, we've got a World of Beer and a Yard House, but I'd skip those and hit the Raleigh Beer Garden if possible. They have a ludicrous selection of beer. Just look at it: Raleigh Beer Garden: Beer Menu

The Flying Saucer is also a fun place to check out.

My personal favorite sports bar is called the Brickhouse, although I haven't been in ages due to Covid.

I haven't been since it just opened, but I feel like you're pretty obligated to go to Bates Battaglia's new bar, Teets, which I think I mentioned here.

Boxcar is a barcade which is a lot of fun.

Of course, the crown jewel of food in the area is the Angus Barn. It's truly an experience. On top of their dining rooms, they have a lounge for eating/drinking and a lounge for smoking cigars. It's a bit on the expensive side, but holy hell is it worth it. They do a fantastic job of balancing being upscale and homey. I cannot recommend it enough.

My sincerest thanks, player.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad