HF Habs: The Martin Saint-Louis thread: Winning Streak Edition

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Because you need to be 2 to make a deal. Contending teams doesn’t have money at this time of the year, so not sure they are a lot who call Hughes for Petry

How did MSL becoming our coach and helping us win a few games and get Petry going actually change that. The poster claimed MSL has screwed up our trade deadline because now we can't trade Petry whereas before we could've.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This is just messing up our draft pick. We end up with another Galchenyuk instead of a franchise player like an 18 year old Bergeron type.

You are so Wright ........ Cause Yakupov would have made a bigger difference!!!

Can I ask you who do you think are the Habs best players right now?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
How did MSL becoming our coach and helping us win a few games and get Petry going actually change that. The poster claimed MSL has screwed up our trade deadline because now we can't trade Petry whereas before we could've.
Oooh that’s was completely false I agree then, my bad !

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Ok enough now, time to fire him!!! MSL you're ruining our chances lol

Jokes aside, this team looks like it will at least be fun to watch for years to come with their style of play. Players will skills will be allowed to let loose and play, rather than the dump and chase we have been use to now for the past 20+ years!!

This is what I'm most excited about, even with a ragtag roster our games are finally entertaining. Which is supposed to be the point.

I'll never forget us dumping the puck in with our f***ing goalie pulled under MT. What a disaster

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I was happy when MSL was named coach and its good to see the team playing well under him. I will warn though there is always a honeymoon phase with a new coach. Bruce Boudreau won like his first 7 games in Vancouver. Reality is we will have to wait another month and check back with how the players are playing. But I do have a good feeling we finally found a good coach.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Nice job by MSL.............he has them going!!
The “rebuild” never really got off the ground. It’s a reset/retool and the hiring of Jeff Gorton was a waste of money.

Keep Chariot, Petry, Gally and Drouin.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was happy when MSL was named coach and its good to see the team playing well under him. I will warn though there is always a honeymoon phase with a new coach. Bruce Boudreau won like his first 7 games in Vancouver. Reality is we will have to wait another month and check back with how the players are playing. But I do have a good feeling we finally found a good coach.

He thinks the right way.

I think most rational people understand that this level of play won't be sustainable and they are going to go back to losing more than they win, which is the right thing for the direction of the team but it will be entertaining because the shackles are gone and the players are expressing themselves.

It remains to be seen if MSL is the coach to bring them success where it matters but I do totally believe he's the right coach for the rebuild.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Shane Wright being a clone of Bergeron reminds me of Galchenyuk being a clone of Jonathan Toews / Marian Hossa. The track record of draft-time comparisons is just dismal.
I believe HOFer Ron Francis was the comparable used on the draft floor back in 2012!

Galchenyuk couldn’t lick Francis’ jock strap. LOL

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I believe HOFer Ron Francis was the comparable used on the draft floor back in 2012!

Galchenyuk couldn’t lick Francis’ jock strap. LOL

I don't recall the Francis comparable used at all. Then again, I don't remember any of the comparables being thrown around at the time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Even if the players are playing well one month down the line, I don't think it's much of a milestone to read into.

The moment when the media gets on him, the players are struggling, and the honeymoon is done, we will get a much better glimpse into what kind of bench boss the habs got, based on how, or if they get out of it.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
I love how confident he is , and Im surprised at how well he express himself.

Only needs to stop saying "grossir" instead of "grandir"

Reactions: Kimota

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I love how confident he is , and Im surprised at how well he express himself.

Only needs to stop saying "grossir" instead of "grandir"

That’s cause “grossir” was the only option open to him as a player. He was never going to “grandir”, so he scrapped it from his vocabulary.

#Concepts

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He thinks the right way.

I think most rational people understand that this level of play won't be sustainable and they are going to go back to losing more than they win, which is the right thing for the direction of the team but it will be entertaining because the shackles are gone and the players are expressing themselves.

It remains to be seen if MSL is the coach to bring them success where it matters but I do totally believe he's the right coach for the rebuild.

I agree it should be evident to all that we don't have the horses to sustain anything. I can't believe some think this can be a short term fix. I keep on stumbling across this notion of a honeymoon which can only be relevant if wins and losses are what we are focused on. The change in culture both on and off the ice is what is important to me. I think MSL has a fair chance of being a very good coach in todays NHL for the very reasons brought up by Gorton and Hughes. The term Team will incorporate everyone. They will all have time to learn and grow together along with the core we are trying to build. The only way this works is if we knock the walls out entirely and start with a new foundation. Otherwise we will once again be looking at mediocrity straight in the face.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Why can't we trade Petry now? Has he even rescinded his trade request?

If we go from last to 4th last place our odds of getting that 1st OA pick go from 25.7 to 9.7. The idea that it's better to hurt the development of Caufield and Suzuki so that we can go from a 10 to 26 percent chance of getting the 1st OA is nuts.
MSL will not trade Petry now. He wants to win. This summer caproom is projected to be tightest ever in NHL history. Petry will not be moved for nil then. This little run we are throwing away a first pick and cap dump.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
MSL will not trade Petry now. He wants to win. This summer caproom is projected to be tightest ever in NHL history. Petry will not be moved for nil then. This little run we are throwing away a first pick and cap dump.

So your saying MSL not only decides who gets traded or not but that a 4 game win streak has convinced MSL that we should forget trying to rebuild and instead try to win now and make the playoffs? You think he's as bi-polar as some fans or something?

And that doesn't even consider the fact that Petry has reportedly already requested a trade so unless MSL can convince Petry (And his family) to stay Petry is getting traded sooner or later and a 4 game win streak doesn't change that.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
So your saying MSL not only decides who gets traded or not but that a 4 game win streak has convinced MSL that we should forget trying to rebuild and instead try to win now and make the playoffs? You think he's as bi-polar as some fans or something?

And that doesn't even consider the fact that Petry has reportedly already requested a trade so unless MSL can convince Petry (And his family) to stay Petry is getting traded sooner or later and a 4 game win streak doesn't change that.
Going by MSL character. He is very competitive. Also, I think Petry requested the trade prior to MSL. Way he has been playing he may reascend.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: