Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
original.gif

polloqpiu

May 20, 2018
At this point it's not even debatable that benning and FA are not smart people and are bad at their job (hockey speaking). Why are you guys surprised FA made a bad decision and writes stupid posts on twitter? Its basically what he's been doing for the last 8 years.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This is a cursed franchise. Unforutenly I am a fan of this team and I have checked out of hockey since Benning took over.

MacFarland or Tulsky would be a great choice as the new GM. Too bad we will be sticking with Benning.
But Benning will deliver a Cup! A smelly athletic supporter, but still a Cup.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Take heart, I believe the pain is almost over. In 12 weeks both Sutter and Baertschi contracts will end. Spooner will be off the books. After next year only Myers and Ferland will remain as the longer term bad deals. Looks like Ferland will likely retire or at least stay on LTIR (that said, wish him well. For his sake I hope he fully recovers).
One bad contract on the books (overpayment of $2M-$3M for Myers) is not going to make or break the competitiveness of the team. The absolute necessity is to make sure JB and co don't mess it all up in the meantime. A lot of future damage can be done between May and Sept 2021.

21/22 22/23 23/24
Myers Myers Myers
Ferland Ferland
Eriksson
Roussel
Beagle
Luongo

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Take heart, I believe the pain is almost over. In 12 weeks both Sutter and Baertschi contracts will end. Spooner will be off the books. After next year only Myers and Ferland will remain as the longer term bad deals. Looks like Ferland will likely retire or at least stay on LTIR (that said, wish him well. For his sake I hope he fully recovers).
One bad contract on the books (overpayment of $2M-$3M for Myers) is not going to make or break the competitiveness of the team. The absolute necessity is to make sure JB and co don't mess it all up in the meantime. A lot of future damage can be done between May and Sept 2021.

21/22 22/23 23/24
Myers Myers Myers
Ferland Ferland
Eriksson
Roussel
Beagle
Luongo
When’s Benning/Brod’s contract up?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

21/22 22/23 23/24
Myers Myers Myers
Ferland Ferland
Eriksson
Roussel
Beagle
Luongo

I said this back in like 2015, as long as Benning is running the team the Canucks are going to max out as a bubble playoff team at best. And that only happens because of a long string of lotto picks.

The list you post here is a good reason for optimism only if someone else is running the team.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

21/22 22/23 23/24
Myers Myers Myers
Ferland Ferland
Eriksson
Roussel
Beagle
Luongo

Oh yes, I'm totally sure that this offseason is the one when Benning's going to stop doing something he's done literally every offseason.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Oh yes, I'm totally sure that this offseason is the one when Benning's going to stop doing something he's done literally every offseason.

Did he sign any overpriced FAs this past off-season? Hard to see him doing anything next off-season until he extends Pettersson, Hughes, and Demko. If the Aquilinis are really in a cash crunch, they won't be writing any cheques to pay for buyouts either.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Did he sign any overpriced FAs this past off-season? Hard to see him doing anything next off-season until he extends Pettersson, Hughes, and Demko. If the Aquilinis are really in a cash crunch, they won't be writing any cheques to pay for buyouts either.
He certainly didnt! No overpriced plugs like Toffoli, or Tanev, or Markstrom, or Leivo, or Stecher

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
Yes he did Schmidt 5.95m for 5 years. After that he had no cap space left!

Reactions: J Corso

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Benning and fiscal responsibility probably looks like that time Michael Scott swore off comedy at work and lasted like 15 seconds.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Well the Holtby contract was pretty stupid and he was trying really hard to trade picks and prospects for a declining defenceman that packs a 8.5m x 7 year contract.
Hard to see him do anything till next offseason??? Benning and co sill have a TDL coming so who knows what their up to and the damage that can be done.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Benning is similar to Michael Buble in predicting the Seasons of the Year.

How do you know it's Free Agent Day; because Benning comes out his cave like this:

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Bieksa going public as a Aquilini supporter. His comments over the last 48 hours have shown support for ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad