canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Brackett off to Minnesota. Getting Lafreniere will be a nice start for him

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Probably going to be a bit of an upgrade on P.J Fenton, Paul's son who was hired by his dad to run scouting with next to zero experience.

Minnesota hasn't really knocked it out of the park with their amateur department lately, so I'm sure they'll give him the rope he needs.

Still extremely pissed off about him not being brought back.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
People wondered if there was something about his personality that made him clash with Jim.

Obviously that’s the way goes to shit now, with Jude bracket signing so fast, and now annoyingly enough with the wild who absolutely will turn around their franchise now in my opinion

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
On the topic of autonomy, he wanted say in who was hired and fired in his department, a truly outlandish request i know.

meh, people get to run their organizations the way they want to. Neither Brackett nor Benning were unreasonable, good people can come to an impasse.

Reactions: Sneezy

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
People wondered if there was something about his personality that made him clash with Jim.

Obviously that’s the way goes to shit now, with Jude bracket signing so fast, and now annoyingly enough with the wild who absolutely will turn around their franchise now in my opinion

There's something about Benning's personality that clashes with others, not vice versa. Gilman, Linden, and now Brackett. Benning and Weisbrod are the two constants here that will stay and continue to fire people with dissenting opinions. Great way to run an NHL organization in 2020.

I stole this graph off Google, but this is what Vancouver vs. Minnesota's drafting will look like since Brackett left. Canucks are the green line, Wild are orange.

cartesian-graph.png

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
Uhhh I don't know man, maybe look at the last 30+ years he's been a scout for the team, a large portion of which he was the head scout and then compare that to our drafting record over that time.

good thing Benning was hired to re-tool the scouting system then wasn't it?

Reactions: Sneezy

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
good thing Benning was hired to re-tool the scouting system then wasn't it?

Somehow Delorme persists even after all those years of terrible work. And he's a voice that Benning really trusts so that's gotta be a positive too, right?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

I think Rick nails a few things
When a passionate market like Van hasn’t seen any sort of successes in 5 years, add on to all the mistakes on July 1st. Nastiness tends to happen especially on social media.

Only a couple playoff appearances, round wins and ofc the grand prize and easy down the rage.

For example, had the Canucks has had any sort of success recently, the Brackett new probably won’t even make a splash. An extreme example would be Troy leave the Capitals after winning the cup, a lesser example would be MacFarland leaving Toronto.

Last edited:

Bob Long

May 31, 2018
Climax, SK
Forgive me if I'm wrong here but wasn't he in charge of Canucks scouting in the western Canada region aka the region with the least amount of success?

what I gathered from the history is Delorme is a well liked guy. The problem was prior to Benning it was very poorly organized. Once Benning re-worked the system (which included giving guys like Brackett chances to develop) things got much better.

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
what I gathered from the history is Delorme is a well liked guy. The problem was prior to Benning it was very poorly organized. Once Benning re-worked the system (which included giving guys like Brackett chances to develop) things got much better.
Benning re-working the system:

“No Ron, we want to draft good players now!”

Reactions: vanuck and Peter10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad