The Management Thread | Part Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Fair enough. I guess we can call it a coincidence that when Linden left. The moves got better. There are no more Sutter Beagle Rousell Eriksson signings and Gudbranson trade.

Can you blame Linden now for all the bad moves from 2014 to 2017? Your evidences proves that Linden was more involve
For me, Linden is equally involved in every poor decision made from 2014-2017 ~ draft when the rift began around the Pettersson vs Glass internal debate.

After that, it's all on Benning for me.

And this is pretty much what's been reported. Linden was as involved as Benning was and to think he was only a figurehead was naive but he was clearly on the outside looking in after that draft. I'm not willing to give Linden a full pass for the 2017 free agency either as I assume he still had some voice, but definitely that 2018 free agency was on Benning.

Reactions: geebaan

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Fair enough. I guess we can call it a coincidence that when Linden left. The moves got better. There are no more Sutter Beagle Rousell Eriksson signings and Gudbranson trade.

Can you blame Linden now for all the bad moves from 2014 to 2017? Your evidences proves that Linden was more involve

Is there ever a point where Benning can be held accountable for anything?

Seriously, JFC, hold my beer, I can't believe posters are still scrambling for reasons to blame anyone other than Benning for what has happened during his 6+ years as GM. Like really, simply not repeating the gawdawful Sutter/Beagle/Roussel/Eriksson/Gubranson fiascos is somehow evidence of growth as a GM?

Damn.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Is there ever a point where Benning can be held accountable for anything?

Seriously, JFC, hold my beer, I can't believe posters are still scrambling for reasons to blame anyone other than Benning for what has happened during his 6+ years as GM. Like really, simply not repeating the gawdawful Sutter/Beagle/Roussel/Eriksson/Gubranson fiascos is somehow evidence of growth as a GM?

Damn.

Read the article that player BC posted. It is clear indicates Linden was running the show more than Benning. Linden was on trade calls and making big decisions.

2018 signings. There still inconclusive evidences. I can accept that there is a decent chance that those are Benning signings. I did say after 2019, I would stop blaming Gillis since if you inherited a team it will take about at least 3 to 5 years or longer to rebuild. Starting 2019 since he is running the show and it has been 3 to 5, I will blame Benning for any poor decisions

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
What I said is still true. I did say Benning transactions got better after Linden left. He left on July 26, 2018. Even Linden had nothing to do with those signings. Benning did improve without Linden around.

Base on what is writtem below Linden was more involve and don't forget Linden is in a higher position than Benning. Base in this Linden should get more blame than Benning. This your evidences. Your evidences proves that Linden was more involve than Benning. It wasn't equal

In fact, it would be Linden on trade calls and making big hockey decisions.”

I only questioned your statement “more good moves than bad moves” without Linden. That was proven false here.

I don’t care who you think was more responsible for the bad decisions prior to that cut off point.

You only want me to care because you think it was still Linden’s influence preventing the good moves from Benning... but yet you have no way of explaining his 2018 performance... To me, you’re stuck either way. So I’ll let you figure out the reason that best fits for you.

Reactions: Javaman

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
For me, Linden is equally involved in every poor decision made from 2014-2017 ~ draft when the rift began around the Pettersson vs Glass internal debate.

After that, it's all on Benning for me.

And this is pretty much what's been reported. Linden was as involved as Benning was and to think he was only a figurehead was naive but he was clearly on the outside looking in after that draft. I'm not willing to give Linden a full pass for the 2017 free agency either as I assume he still had some voice, but definitely that 2018 free agency was on Benning.

Linden was in a higher position. He had the right to make final call. It's more on Linden

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Fair enough. I have a strict policy of only posting on HF while drunk, lol.

Just imagine how awesome a poster I could be if I were always sober....

Formidable, I would say.

Some of the posts on here make me want to drink. Does that count?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Fair enough. I have a strict policy of only posting on HF while drunk, lol.

Just imagine how awesome a poster I could be if I were always sober....

All my evening posts are affected by alcohol :thumbu:

I have to say though that when you're a team, even if you disagree with what is proposed you ultimately get on board. So when someone comes out and says it was a consensus, it likely was (technically). It's like the team's first round pick. Given that we never drafted 1st overall, what are the chances that every single scout had a certain player as the best player available? Chances are slim. More likely, they arrived at a consensus that originally wasn't there.

So if Benning, Weisbrod, and Green were on board and Linden wasn't, does anything get done without Linden's ultimate approval?

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I only questioned your statement “more good moves than bad moves” without Linden. That was proven false here.

I don’t care who you think was more responsible for the bad decisions prior to that cut off point.

You only want me to care because you think it was still Linden’s influence preventing the good moves from Benning... but yet you have no way of explaining his 2018 performance... To me, you’re stuck either way. So I’ll let you figure out the reason that best fits for you.

Hahaha. How in the world did you prove me wrong when I said there are more good moves than bad moves since Linden left. You naming who care trades like Gagner and Dahlen to try to pump up your argument.

Regardless of who 2018 transactions was. It doesn't matter. I did say after Linden left which was July 26, 2018 there more good moves than bad moves. What happened July 1st 2018 has nothing to do with what I said.

I care that you should care that Linden was more to blame than Benning. Your evidences article proves that Linden was more involve than Benning. I think you need to stop blaming most of this on Benning from 2014 to 2017.

You can beat around the bush all you want. But your evidences proves that we should blame Linden from 2014 to 2017 and not Benning.

There is still inconclusive evidences about 2018. I can accept that there is a good chance iy was Benning. 2014 to 2017 it was not.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
We are moving on from Tanev, 10 years with the Canucks heart and soul player for our team, Hughes Pettersson, Boeser all had tributes on on their instagram for Tanev and Markstrom, Toffoli, so let me Reiterate again, we have to move on from ALL 3 of Toffoli, Markstrom and Tanev, because we are stuck with Beagle, Rouselle, Ferland, Myers. We are moving on Tanev , Toffoli Markstrom not because he is being prudent, no, it's because Jim Benning is out of options because of the lack of cap room at the costs of signing 4th line players from previous free agent signings. He is ok awarding guys like Rouselle, Beagle, good role players to 4 year contracts, Myers until the age of 34, Ferland 4 years, but offers Chris Tanev a 2 year deal. What an insult to Chris Tanev, ya know what, I'm glad he left. He's knows it's a f*** king gong show in Vancouver.

Reactions: I am toxic

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Hahaha. How in the world did you prove me wrong when I said there are more good moves than bad moves since Linden left.

I think you are having a very difficult time separating an actuality with a technicality. Technically, Linden left after the poor signings of 2018 were made. Actually, Linden was not responsible for them.

So did this serve your argument? Were there actually more good moves than bad without Linden’s impact? The answer is no. Therefore you are wrong.

These facts disrupt your agenda.

I don’t have an issue with you repeating a poor premise. Feel free.

Reactions: I am toxic

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Failing to learn to pronounce the name of a prominent new employee you want to make feel valued in your company speaks to both a lack of intelligence and a lack of professionalism. Same with whatever the hell Smyl called Podkolzin.

Like, the head scout for San Jose took the time to learn the name of their draft pick this year in sign language.
lol...Every year at the amateur draft, names (especially European ones) are constantly fouled up.....Believing that there's some link of connection to lack of intelligence to mispronouncing foreign names in public (which is uncomfortable for many in itself), is utterly absurd.

"What matters is not getting everyone’s names right first time. It’s making the effort not to do the same thing again and again."

Last edited:

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I think you are having a very difficult time separating an actuality with a technicality. Technically, Linden left after the poor signings of 2018 were made. Actually, Linden was not responsible for them.

So did this serve your argument? Were there actually more good moves than bad without Linden’s impact? The answer is no. Therefore you are wrong.

These facts disrupt your agenda.

I don’t have an issue with you repeating a poor premise. Feel free.

I don't know why you keeping bring up tbose July 1st signings. It has nothing to do with what my statement. It's like seem you try to change what I am telling you.

Let's try this again, I said After Linden left, Benning moves became better. He left July 26th 2018. I am looking at all the move from July 27 2018 to now. July 1st has nothing to do with what I said.

Do you understand now? I am debating about one thing and you're trying changing what I am debate about.

Most likely you're going to run away like last time about our under 25 argument about what Gillis and Benning inherited

I find it really now that you know Linden gets more blame from 2014 to 2017 and you have a hard time accepting that.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
lol...Every year at the amateur draft, names (especially European ones) are constantly fouled up.....Believing that there's some link of connection to lack of intelligence to mispronouncing foreign names in public (which is uncomfortable for many in itself), is utterly absurd.
1) it isnt difficult to learn how to pronounce someones name. I say this as someone who has travelled 50 different countries and lived in 8.

2) its a matter of profrssionalism in the professional context that someone takes the time (like the couple of minutes it takes) to learn how to pronounce someone with who you are developing a relationship with.

3) Brisbois is not a foreign name nor is Guillaume.

4) its amazing that your response is "hey its OK" instead of "yeah it is kinda stupid, maybe they should put forth the modicum of effort it takes".

But again you arent really interested in putting forth good faith arguments.

Reactions: Pavel96

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
There is difficulty getting the message across to you @Canucks1096. Maybe a language barrier?

I don’t think you understand how you are presenting a premise, and when that premise is challenged, to comprehend its direct meaning.

Is English your first language? I mean no offence by this, it would just explain to me the difficulty we are having here.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
We've become a worst team on paper than last season; kinda felt lucky we made the postseason last season...
If COVID didn't hit, it's entirely fair to question whether they would've even made the playoffs at all given the way they were free-falling in the standings over the last few weeks before the stoppage. So to say it feels lucky isn't out of the realm of plausibility.

Reactions: Hemty

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
There is difficulty getting the message across to you @Canucks1096. Maybe a language barrier?

I don’t think you understand how you are presenting a premise, and when that premise is challenged, to comprehend its direct meaning.

Is English your first language? I mean no offence by this, it would just explain to me the difficulty we are having here.

Of course it is not getting cross. It doesn't make any sense.

All I need to say is since Linden left. There was more good moves than bad ones.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
1) it isnt difficult to learn how to pronounce someones name. I say this as someone who has travelled 50 different countries and lived in 8.

2) its a matter of profrssionalism in the professional context that someone takes the time (like the couple of minutes it takes) to learn how to pronounce someone with who you are developing a relationship with.

3) Brisbois is not a foreign name nor is Guillaume.

4) its amazing that your response is "hey its OK" instead of "yeah it is kinda stupid, maybe they should put forth the modicum of effort it takes".

But again you arent really interested in putting forth good faith arguments.
Guillaume Brisbois is not a foreign name.?.If you don't speak French, it most definitely is foreign...Not everybody in the country has travelled to 50 countries , and lived in 8...Do yourself a favour, write down that name on a piece of paper and hand it out to to people ,.. and ask them to pronounce it..I think you'll be in for a surprise.

It's not even remotely pronounced the way it looks.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
You're really wasting your time...
Here's something that's not a waste of time:

What do you think of us potentially taking a step back next season due to our cap situation now that we finally made the playoffs after all those years? Curious to know what you think.

polloqpiu

May 20, 2018
Guillaume Brisbois is not a foreign name.?.If you don't speak French, it most definitely is foreign...Not everybody in the country has travelled to 50 countries , and lived in 8...Do yourself a favour, write down that name on a piece of paper and hand it out to to people ,.. and ask them to pronounce it..I think you'll be in for a surprise.

It's not even remotely pronounced the way it looks.
It is not foreign because quebec is not a foreign country relative to canada. Do u even geography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad