The Los Angeles Kings look bad

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Whats up with Kopitar? 3 goals 0 assists in 9 games playing over 22 minutes a night, bit odd considering his huge year last season.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Old and slow and no young stars in the pipeline.

They'll most likely bounce back and challenge for a playoff spot though but they should blow it up asap.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
With the massive line of people wanting them. Win every trade, keep adding a late pick until the sliders are even

Florida got Arizona to take Bolland. It can be done.

And about that coach....and the roster outside of their stars....

Please. He's had time to at least put his stamp on them and hasn't.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Florida got Arizona to take Bolland. It can be done.

And about that coach....and the roster outside of their stars....

Please. He's had time to at least put his stamp on them and hasn't.

They did it for free? It has been 1 year. The roster isn't going to move out every bad player and only get good ones backs. You're expectations are way past unreasonable.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
They did it for free? It has been 1 year. The roster isn't going to move out every bad player and only get good ones backs. You're expectations are way past unreasonable.

You make excuses and I don't. People have different views. Shocking!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The whole team is bad, but I have to pick out Kempe to show just how inept Stevens is being. Kempe is actively hurting his team night in and night out by being a penalty taking machine. He's now taken 8 minor penalties in only 10 games, and a majority of those have been in the offensive zone. Practically every night, he goes to the box for a stupid penalty, yet Stevens refuses to send him and the rest of the team a message by scratching him for even one game. Even if it's understandable for a coach to not know how to turn his team around, he ought to at least be able to recognize when a player is hurting the team and when there's a coachable opportunity. Kempe is practically gifting Stevens an excuse to get tough and send the entire team a message and he's passing on it. I think that it shows how too much of a nice guy Stevens is and how little hope there is of him doing what needs to be done to whip the guys back into shape.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think people realize how bad. Like if it weren't for Detroit, Kings would be significantly worse than all the other teams.

Rosen: "
–With the loss, the Kings fell to 0-3-1 against the Western Conference, 0-3-0 against the Central Division, 1-5 in games decided by three or more goals, 0-6-1 in games in which their opponent scores first, 0-5-1 when trailing after the first period, 0-7-0 when trailing after the second period and 2-3-1 when outshot by their opponent.
–Los Angeles has not led at any point during their six-game losing streak. Their last lead was at the end of the 3-0 win at Montreal on October 11.
–The Kings do not have a power play goal in eight of 10 games this season."

2nd lowest GF/G by a significant amount. we're at 1.8. Vegas is 3rd lowest at 2.11. That's quite a leap. Arizona is at 1.75, but they're only giving up 2.25 a game; we're giving up 3.6 a game, 8th worst, but all those guys ahead (except Detroit) are scoring in the 3s and 4s per game.

Detroit is -19; if it weren't for them, our -18 would be the worst in the league, and twice as bad as 29th NYR/PHilly's -9.

Detroit's points percentage is .222, we're .250. It's a large jump to 29ths .350.

There's a theme here. It's not just a losing streak. It's stats consistent with intentionally tanking lottery teams.

There's zero identity. They're not scoring. They're not defending. They're not hitting--at least cleanly. They're not fighting. They're not rebuilding. We're just standing here shitting in one hand and wishing in another and seeing which one fills up first which I'm not sure is a great strategy but I guess I'm not Rob Blake or John Stevens.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Lebron James gave the Kings an inferiority complex. That and Dustin Brown, Quick being injured. Seem to lack pace. Could be a tough year with the talent improvement in the division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad